Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:22 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,509,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
You know, I have a relative in the Czech Republic, whom I visited 15 years ago. We lost touch. If he showed up in the U.S., illegally, would I be responsible?

What nonsense.

So he can send 5000 lawyers for his campaign but can't find one for his family? Instead he givers her the $260 back she donated and threw her under the bus. I now understand why none of the family members are on the campaign trail besides Mrs. IhateAmerica.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 11:22 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,488,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
A statement given to the AP by Obama's campaign said, "Senator Obama has no knowledge of her status but obviously believes that any and all appropriate laws be followed."
Barack also had no knowledge that his pastor of 20 years was a screaming racist. No knowledge that Ayers was a questionable character. Barack had no knowledge that Rezko was a crook who did favors for him.

Free Kool-Aid for everyone.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:24 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,186,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Right. He didn't know. Does anyone have a comment about Obama's relatives living in poverty while he makes $4.2 million a year? It just seems funny to me that he wants to "spread the wealth" to take care of people who cannot take care of themselves, yet he does nothing to take care of his own family living in poverty when he has the money to do so. And it wouldn't take much to help them, either.
i dont know, i havent heard from some of my distant relatives for years.

THey may not be living as well as I am or maybe they are living 10 times better.

29,939 posts, read 39,509,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Barack also had no knowledge that his pastor of 20 years was a screaming racist. No knowledge that Ayers was a questionable character. Barack had no knowledge that Rezko was a crook who did favors for him.

Free Kool-Aid for everyone.
With his answers you would think he was the most ill informed person in America.

6,022 posts, read 7,839,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Mrs. Onyango please join all the other former friends of Obama under the bus.

hmm but if supported her for amnesty you still have a problem with it..

americans polarization of moronic activity continues

Old 11-01-2008, 11:32 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,122,073 times
You know something, I'm Irish. Anyone knowing something about Irish families....especially of my folk's generation....know that they tended to be very large. My mother had 11 brothers and sisters. My dad had 11 brothers and sisters. So I had 22 aunts and uncles....most of who lived thousands of miles from me. About half of these aunts and uncles I never met. I had a billion cousins (okay, only a million) Most of whom I never met. I have no knowledge of these people or anything going on in their lives. I don't even know the name of many of them. I certainly feel no more obligation to these strangers, or even to the ones I met once or twice, then I do anyone else I might pass on the street. If you go on to the people in Ireland who are my blood relatives but whom I don't even know exist...well, please don't. The point is, that to try to say that because of an accident of blood...and no other relationship .. you become responsible for a person is just plain nuts. I wouldn't accpet responsiblity for all my "relatives" and I bet you wouldn't either.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:34 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,122,073 times
Quote:
Right. He didn't know. Does anyone have a comment about Obama's relatives living in poverty while he makes $4.2 million a year? It just seems funny to me that he wants to "spread the wealth" to take care of people who cannot take care of themselves, yet he does nothing to take care of his own family living in poverty when he has the money to do so. And it wouldn't take much to help them, either.
Okay, let's test your theory. I dare you to call up a distant relative that you have met once or twice and borrow a thousand dollars from them. Report back to us on how that goes for ya.

Old 11-01-2008, 11:34 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,645,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
You know, I have a relative in the Czech Republic, whom I visited 15 years ago. We lost touch. If he showed up in the U.S., illegally, would I be responsible?

What nonsense.
Are you running for the Presidency?

Old 11-01-2008, 11:39 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,637,803 times
Quote:

Because he doesnt want to spread HIS wealth, just YOURS!

Old 11-01-2008, 11:43 AM

703 posts, read 856,694 times
I love how the right is always spewing about individual responsibility, yet when they're desperate and losing, they'll happily throw that out the window and try to make it Obama's fault that ANOTHER ADULT did something wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections