Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:30 PM

18,348 posts, read 26,671,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Many enjoyed the infomercial, and the message.
Seems to me the dedicated Obama supporters liked it, others, not really. So it really did little.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:31 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,436,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I'd say people getting in tears and deciding they're votng for Obama after watching some emotional stories, is evidence enough of my statements. Go back several posts and read. The cult of personality around Obama is frightening.
Eh, see I can give that to them without prejudice because getting emotional over the stories had nothing to do with Obama and everything to do with the plight of humanity; the suffering thereof. Just because it was in an Obama-mercial doesn't change what the point of the stories were. He was nothing more than a conduit. Had McCain done it, the reality of peoples lives would have been equally as powerful.

Quote:
Seems to me the dedicated Obama supporters liked it, others, not really. So it really did little.
Isn't it far too soon to tell? The Obama supporters liked it. The McCain supporters did not. The others, the in betweens who his message was aimed at have yet to chime in.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,973,468 times
Quote:
Others didn't like it? Who? In this thread?

All I've read is a few reviews of the infomercial, all positive, and a bunch of junk from people who didn't even watch it.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:33 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,908,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Don't you understand I don't like or trust him. He reminds me of 9/11 all over again, and you really had to live in the NY area to feel that, I did. I had friends that never made it home that night.

Diane G
I am from the NYC area and still live here . I have no idea what you mean by he "reminds me of 9/11". In fact I am sick of the right using it as political tool.

2,060 posts, read 4,155,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
There is more to presidency than the economy.
true! economy #1 issue~ and Obama way ahead~ and he is positive instead of negative! I'm on West coast! just finished!

As far as the C in Chief thing~ as a 20 year vet and a guy that served under McCant I will say I feel much more comfortable with Obama ~ and my son who has 7+ yesars in agrees!

As well my nephew in the service and his dad who just retired service 2 years ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
Others didn't like it? Who? In this thread?

All I've read is a few reviews of the infomercial, all positive, and a bunch of junk from people who didn't even watch it.
I know people in real life (believe it or not) and do visit several other forums...people who didn't like Obama to begin with didn't care a bit about/for this, Obama supporters loved it.

12,642 posts, read 15,689,357 times
Quote:
I'd say people getting in tears and deciding they're votng for Obama after watching some emotional stories, is evidence enough of my statements. Go back several posts and read. The cult of personality around Obama is frightening.
Mmm....I don't think there's anything wrong with emotional response, it's what makes us human. If emotion is part of what comprises of someone's rational for a decision, there's nothing wrong with that, delving into a deeper discussion to examine their reasons should be fair so long as consent is mutual. The problem is objectivity, or lack thereof - most folks cannot listen to an argument through it's presentation without interrupting in thought or verbal.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,464,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Obama never mentioned McCain during his presentation and McCain can't talk about anything other then Obama. Hmmmmmmmm what do you think undecided's? Which is more presidential?
Oh please stop acting like Obama hasnt attacked McCain, he hasnt stopped either..

Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
Eh, see I can give that to them without prejudice because getting emotional over the stories had nothing to do with Obama and everything to do with the plight of humanity; the suffering thereof. Just because it was in an Obama-mercial doesn't change what the point of the stories were. He was nothing more than a conduit. Had McCain done it, the reality of peoples lives would have been equally as powerful.

Isn't it far too soon to tell? The Obama supporters liked it. The McCain supporters did not. The others, the in betweens who his message was aimed at have yet to chime in.
Making decisions based on emotions on subjects like this is foolish and dangerous. That's how Hitler got Germany.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,350,177 times
Quote:
Don't you understand I don't like or trust him. He reminds me of 9/11 all over again, and you really had to live in the NY area to feel that, I did. I had friends that never made it home that night.

Diane G
He is not an Arab or a Muslim. He is not a terrorist. These are your fears you need to address. It's not reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections