Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2008, 08:13 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,899,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
That is it, I have changed my mind, he can save us, I am voting for Obama!!

YES WE CAN!!
I feel same way after watching, it was very moving and brought togetherness.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:14 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FedupWNY View Post
With that being said, I request from a moderator, if there is one in this forum, to close this thread..... not worth having it open if the topic has been reduced to "accept that" because intellegent conversation can't keep to the topic.

If there is a mod, please close the thread.
Without meaning to be offensive, it is a discussion thread on a forum and unless you are on a forum that mandates absolutely staying on topic, the dialogue almost always veers hinder and yon. That is simply the course of discussions.

472 posts, read 872,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Don't you understand I don't like or trust him. He reminds me of 9/11 all over again, and you really had to live in the NY area to feel that, I did. I had friends that never made it home that night.

Diane G

You don't have to tell me.... I was there... on Chambers St. Day is forever etched in my memory. And there were people in my life that were lost as well.

And looking at the outcome of America since 9/11... Obama is a breath of fresh air.

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
With that being said, I request from a moderator, if there is one in this forum, to close this thread..... not worth having it open if the topic has been reduced to "accept that" because intellegent conversation can't keep to the topic.

Now you know why I start so few threads here. lol

543 posts, read 1,456,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
He is all about the American people! I fell apart when he spoke about his mother dying of cancer. He said that life is so short and he realized that it's important to seize the moment and stop complaining about what you don't like and do something to fix it instead, and that is why he was running for President. I mean I just broke down, because so many people attack him for attempting to become president after only being a senator for a short period of time, when he truly has something to offer the American people. He genuinely cares and has a compassionate cause!

I have never seen a McCain commercial like that, really getting into pocket book issues! I mean Obama gets it. It's as if he put his foot down and said ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

This post represents why our country is going down the tubes.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
Yeah. Compassion and knowledge: terrible combination, will send our country down the tubes. McCain and Palin's message of fear and ignorance will surely serve us better.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:17 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
This is exactly what I take issue with when it comes to Christianity. Take the issue of homosexuality and Christians will point to certain verses and say there is no room for interpretation. The condemnation by God is exact, etc.

But then when it comes to issues like judging (and Matthew 7:1), people will say oh we need to look at context, the deeper meaning, the meaning of the word itself that was used pre-translation and on and on it goes because Jesus really didn't mean that we shouldn't be judging he meant... "insert whatever convenient argument needed to support a position here". Bah.
Judging isn't the same as condemning. You can judge a behavior, an idea, a staement, an action, etc., as wrong and not necessarily condemn the person for it.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:17 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:

Interesting. The Nation is going down the tubes BECAUSE a citizen believes a politician understands the plight of the citizens and inspires them to believe it doesn't have to be that way.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:19 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,416 times
Quote:
Is this really what the Republican party has come to? A cynism so bad that any hope represents the downfall of America?

Yesterday I was reading an article where a woman at an auction bought the foreclosing house of a stranger who she met at the auction then turned around and gave the house back to her - all on her own; the woman didn't know she was doing it. When I read that some of my faith in the American people was restored. The better angels of our nature seem to be intact regardless of all we've been through.

But you on the other hand seem to be indicating the opposite.

Quote:
Judging isn't the same as condemning. You can judge a behavior, an idea, a staement, an action, etc., as wrong and not necessarily condemn the person for it.
How many people are able to seperate the two? Very few that I've ever met or come across.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:19 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
Quote:

It's a shame to allow the negitive people ruin it all. I know it's hard to ignore them sometimes,but look at all the Obama camp has to endure from these people!! For God's sake,threatening his very LIFE!! Can you imagine what nerves of steel it must take to go out & do what he does knowing there are such sick,hate-filled people out there? Those on this forum are just a shadow of what he has to deal with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections