Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 08:35 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,130,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
true! economy #1 issue~ and Obama way ahead~ and he is positive instead of negative! I'm on West coast! just finished!

As far as the C in Chief thing~ as a 20 year vet and a guy that served under McCant I will say I feel much more comfortable with Obama ~ and my son who has 7+ yesars in agrees!

As well my nephew in the service and his dad who just retired service 2 years ago!

And my SGM daughter with 28 years in service...as well as her equally ranked husband with 30 years agree....as do most of their friends.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:36 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,911,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I know people in real life (believe it or not) and do visit several other forums...people who didn't like Obama to begin with didn't care a bit about/for this, Obama supporters loved it.
People who didn't like Obama spent 30 minutes watching him? Right.

I'd like to see a review from someone who was tepid for Obama and what they thought.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:38 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,637,651 times
Quote:
Seems to me the dedicated Obama supporters liked it, others, not really. So it really did little.

Perhaps. We shall see. I can't say until I've heard from other parts of the Country; however, the consensus thus far has been positive and my associates are of every political persuasion - what we share is objectivity and the ability to disagree on the merits, yet remain friends.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:39 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,248,610 times
Quote:
Making decisions based on emotions on subjects like this is foolish and dangerous. That's how Hitler got Germany.
The way a Hitler is going to "get" the US is when the world economy grows worse and people begin to get seriously scared, and they dont pull together - instead they do whatever they can to tear down the government - the country reaches some sort of Civil War, brother-against-brother level of rage and THAT's when a Hitler is going to come in, full of talk about der good old days and how "THEY" have ruined 'OUR" country.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:39 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,201,078 times
"Beware of false prophets. They come to you disguised as sheep, but in their hearts they are vicious wolves." Mattehw 7:15

"Dear friends, stop believing every spirit. Instead, test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1

Old 10-29-2008, 08:44 PM

472 posts, read 874,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
This post represents why our country is going down the tubes.

Oh really... and eight years of incredible leadership by the Bush administration doesn't lead you to that conclusion.

Here's a clue... The GOP blew it! They had eight long years to advance this country as a singular world power... and instead it's left in worse shape than they acquired it. Now, after numerous political blunders, failed policy and a disasterous economy, they are behind in a presidential election with a first term black senator from nowhere who is running on a platform of raising taxes.

Look at your statement and explain why what you just wrote doesn't contribute to the same failed ideology that has put your party, and this nation behind the eight ball.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:44 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,035,611 times
I am still trembling with joy and have tears in my eyes. I accidently drank some of the Obama kool-aid 3 hours ago. How long does it take for this stuff to wear off so I can get back to reality.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:46 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,911,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
"Beware of false prophets. They come to you disguised as sheep, but in their hearts they are vicious wolves." Mattehw 7:15

"Dear friends, stop believing every spirit. Instead, test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world" 1 John 4:1
Wow, thanks. I was almost going to vote for McCain before I saw this.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:46 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,975,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
People who didn't like Obama spent 30 minutes watching him? Right.

I'd like to see a review from someone who was tepid for Obama and what they thought.
I really wasn't sure. I've watched all the debates, read their statements and tried not to watch the news channels, slanted in either direction. I felt that he did a fantastic job and has a good handle on how some of these current issues we, as a country are dealing with,and how they can best be helped. I have tried to like John McCain, and actually have a lot of respect for him and his service to this country. And I, at first, didn't really want to hear anything Obama said because I had false ideas about him.BUt now that we are this close to the election and I've heard as much as I can hear on this,I will vote Obama, largely due to this infomercial tonight. As I stated before, I think it was admirable that he did not once say anything negative or use false statements againist the other camp,which seemsto be ALL I hear fromthe other side. I also liked that he didn't use fear to try and get our votes,instead he offered solutions.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:47 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,165,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The way a Hitler is going to "get" the US is when the world economy grows worse and people begin to get seriously scared, and they dont pull together - instead they do whatever they can to tear down the government - the country reaches some sort of Civil War, brother-against-brother level of rage and THAT's when a Hitler is going to come in, full of talk about der good old days and how "THEY" have ruined 'OUR" country.
The sort of racial hatred Hitler inspired is what we've been seeing at the McCain & Palin rallies. Obama is trying to bring the US together, not tear it apart w/ comments like I like visiting the REAL America", "He's not 'one of us' ", which were made by the Republican ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections