Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 05:48 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,327,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Let me put this into perspective for you. On one hand, we had this huge, international breaking story about an assassination plot against Obama!!! Oh my!!!! It was "foiled" by ATF and it was a skinhead conspiracy!!! Poor Obama!!! Americans are SO RACIST!!! Within 24 hours, it disappeared. On the other hand, we have the teen-age daughter of a VP candidate who, it was discovered, is pregnant and that's not a crime. The media WENT WILD, stalking the baby's father, speculating all over the place, and keeping this in the news for weeks.

The "media" is a mess. And, at the very least, they need to apologise to the American people for their bizarre attempts to control the election.
So - you feel they SHOULD still be reporting on it? The court documents on this were unsealed, that word got out, naturally all the media reported on it. Then it turned out to be two kids, not much of a story.

I dont recall "the liberal elite media" reporting a massive Neo-Nazi conspiracy, or anyone implicating all Americans as SO RACIST, which seems more a favorite theme of yours than most other people's.

I dont get this - the "media" (<---plural word) "at the very least need to apologise to the American people for their bizarre attempts to control the election." Why, because they reported a story?

If an apology would be the very least they could do - what would you like them to do, to be adequate?

Old 10-29-2008, 06:58 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,084,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
So - you feel they SHOULD still be reporting on it? The court documents on this were unsealed, that word got out, naturally all the media reported on it. Then it turned out to be two kids, not much of a story.

I dont recall "the liberal elite media" reporting a massive Neo-Nazi conspiracy, or anyone implicating all Americans as SO RACIST, which seems more a favorite theme of yours than most other people's.

I dont get this - the "media" (<---plural word) "at the very least need to apologise to the American people for their bizarre attempts to control the election." Why, because they reported a story?

If an apology would be the very least they could do - what would you like them to do, to be adequate?
Of course they should have followed up -- and widely reported that the BREAKING NEO-NAZI CONSPIRACY to assassinate Obama and kill hundreds was actually stupid chit-chat between two young losers with a few guns between them. But, no, in their haste to cry "Oh, no, Obama is a potential victim!" they also created fear in the black community that a Neo-Nazi conspiracy was plotting against them. And they didn't sufficiently withdraw or even explain the fact that it was all overblown.

Adequacy would be to ADMIT that they are creating stories rather than simply reporting. If they had simply "reported," they would have conveyed from the start that this was not a "Neo-Nazi Conspiracy."

Old 10-29-2008, 07:24 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,241,703 times
Quote:
Of course they should have followed up -- and widely reported that the BREAKING NEO-NAZI CONSPIRACY to assassinate Obama and kill hundreds was actually stupid chit-chat between two young losers with a few guns between them. But, no, in their haste to cry "Oh, no, Obama is a potential victim!" they also created fear in the black community that a Neo-Nazi conspiracy was plotting against them. And they didn't sufficiently withdraw or even explain the fact that it was all overblown.

Adequacy would be to ADMIT that they are creating stories rather than simply reporting. If they had simply "reported," they would have conveyed from the start that this was not a "Neo-Nazi Conspiracy."
Like I said - the GOP makes a big deal about things like this. Reasonable people don't.

And it's really hilarious that you're so worried about "creat[ing] fear in the black community." As far as I can see, your entire reason for existence is to create fear - fear of Obama as a secret Muslim. Fear of taxes. Fear of potential riots.

It's really quite childish and stupid to whine about it now in a story that came and went in 24 hours.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:29 PM

38,785 posts, read 26,598,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
I would, but unfort, I'm not making $250,000 plus.
Clinton promised a tax cut for all but the top 2%. After the election he raised taxes on people making $20,000/yr from 11% to 15%. We're all gonna get screwed!

Old 10-29-2008, 07:33 PM

307 posts, read 719,177 times
Quote:

Are you sure you saw the same story the rest of us did? Honestly, you sound like you have lost your mind.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:40 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,147,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
It was one of OBAMA's propaganda just like the woman with the B scratched on her cheek!!!

Obama loves to play the VICTIM!!!!

He does that in his rallies. He likes to play the VICTIM of McCain to get the sympathy of the people. "Oh McCain said this about me, and McCAIN said that about me -- poor me...."

Watch out for more propaganda where OBAMA plays THE VICTIM of AMERICA!!!!!!

How IS your face healing anyway?

Old 10-29-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Like I said - the GOP makes a big deal about things like this. Reasonable people don't.

And it's really hilarious that you're so worried about "creat[ing] fear in the black community." As far as I can see, your entire reason for existence is to create fear - fear of Obama as a secret Muslim. Fear of taxes. Fear of potential riots.

It's really quite childish and stupid to whine about it now in a story that came and went in 24 hours.
Please copy over here any thread or post I have written "creating fear" that Obama is a "secret Muslim," etc. I WILL be waiting and I WILL be calling you on it. Sorry, but I've not been in the thick of the Muslim conspiracy or birth certificate threads. I can't stand Obama on his tactics or policies -- and that's enough.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:52 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,500,538 times
Quote:
Heh, in other words, it was all BS. Thanks, Obamaphiles!
Yep..The ATF decided to make it all up. You sure that's tea you're drinking?

Old 10-29-2008, 07:56 PM

18,348 posts, read 26,659,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Yep..The ATF decided to make it all up. You sure that's tea you're drinking?
The ATF has been known to lie on many occasions.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 PM

I never said the ATF lied. I said the media made it out to be a bigger thing than it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections