Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:31 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,586,607 times

Advertisements

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27403090/

One reason why Obama is dominating in Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico is because of Obama's overwhelming support of Hispanics. This could also be key in Florida where there is a growing number of non-Cuban Hispanics and in North Carolina and Virginia where the Hispanic population is growing fast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2008, 05:35 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,966,197 times
More reason to deport them.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:38 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,612,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Todd: Hispanics could put Obama over the top - Decision '08 - MSNBC.com

One reason why Obama is dominating in Colorado, Nevada and New Mexico is because of Obama's overwhelming support of Hispanics. This could also be key in Florida where there is a growing number of non-Cuban Hispanics and in North Carolina and Virginia where the Hispanic population is growing fast.
Look for surprises in outlying areas of Texas where both Senator Clinton and Senator Obama were very competitive in the primaries as well. Texas in a low key sorta way, may not be as safe as it appears. According some data, this will depend on how well the registration drives went; however, the Latino population and the recent demographic shifts from Katrina could lead to some very big surprises.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,586,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Look for surprises in outlying areas of Texas where both Senator Clinton and Senator Obama were very competitive in the primaries as well. Texas in a low key sorta way, may not be as safe as it appears. According some data, this will depend on how well the registration drives went; however, the Latino population and the recent demographic shifts from Katrina could lead to some very big surprises.
I forgot about that. There were actually big populational shifts of Hispanics and African-Americans to Texas after Katrina hit New Orleans. According to the US census Hispanics are now the largest minority group which means there are more Hispanics in this country than African-Americans. The party that gets the Hispanic vote will be the party that dominates years to come. It has been said that by 2040, there will be more minorities in this country than white people.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:43 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,576,703 times
gsoboi well Florida's minority population is now about 35% of the state's total population. Blacks make up 15% & Hispanics make up 20% which translates into about 6.3 million people now. The Cuban population is split on the Presidential race. The older Cubans are staunch Republicans whereas the younger first & second generation are voting for Obama.
Ironically the vast majority of hispanics in Florida are not of Mexican descent but of Caribbean & central / South American nations.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:47 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,799,621 times
OK Everybody together....3...2..1... "How do we know they are Legal?".

Some sweet irony seeing the [MOD CUT] Party getting Bitten in the Rear by their own mudslinging.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-28-2008 at 10:03 AM.. Reason: pejorative epithet

Old 10-28-2008, 09:49 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,849,732 times
The Mexican-Americans in our area are saying they will NOT be voting for Obama. I live in Texas.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:54 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,861,363 times
as long as they are legal, who cares. if they are illegal and voting for amnesty, it doesn't matter who they vote for. both candidates are idiots on immigration.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:59 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,842,651 times
I've been saying that the hispanic vote is going to be a major push in this election. For a long time people told me I was crazy and that hispanics- especially cubans always vote republican.

I know lots of cubans- many who live in Miami. The vast majority are voting Obama.

I even attended a Campaign for Change meeting in Little Havana.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:04 AM

26,231 posts, read 49,107,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
I've been saying that the hispanic vote is going to be a major push in this election. For a long time people told me I was crazy and that hispanics- especially cubans always vote republican.

I know lots of cubans- many who live in Miami. The vast majority are voting Obama.

I even attended a Campaign for Change meeting in Little Havana.
Ahh, the Cuban vote going DEM, what a delightful thought, it gives rise to the following happy thoughts: Pirate Girl, at the helm of the SS Pink Pearl, sails into Miami under full billowing canvas, plants the Obama flag in the heart of Little Habana and lights up a hand-rolled Cuban stogie to the hearty roar of the electorate who take up the chant Viva Obama! Viva Liberty! Viva America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections