Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 06:36 PM

110 posts, read 502,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
First off, would anyone expect someone running for second highest office of the land to NOT look the best they can? My ONLY problem with Palin and the $150,000 clothing spree is that she puts herself out as the average, every-day hockey mom/working mom while calling everyone else an elitist, out of touch with the common everyday working folk. The big problem here is the hypocricy, not the $150,000 wardrobe. As far as Michele Obama is concerned, if it's her money, what's the problem? Cindy McCain wears earrings that cost more than Palin's or Michelle Obama's wardrobe, but it's her money, so what. Hear this: the problem here is the hypocricy of Palin, at least that's how I see it. Of course, I didn't contribute to the GOP so I don't have anger towards the fact that Palin was given $150,000 of the GOP money to spruce herself up. I'm sure there are a lot of Joe Six Pack types that did contribute towards the GOP that are probably a little perturbed right now.
Well put.

Hockey Daughters are moving up in the world too! ($750)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 06:42 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,918,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Michelle Obama's clothes are UGLY...........
Who would want to know where she got them?
Yeah, right. But, I have to admit that the only thing disgusting/ugly about Palin's clothes is the cost.

To answer your question,

Michelle Obama's cheap-o Donna Ricco 'View' dress flies off the racks! | The Dish Rag | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/06/what-do-us-wome.html - broken link)

Quote:
After Michelle Obama mentioned on "The View" on Wednesday that she bought her B&W sundress at a store called White House/Black Market, women started pouring into the retail chain's stores, clamoring for the $148 dress designed by Donna Ricco.
"Women literally were snatching (that dress) up," Jessica Wells, a spokeswoman for the White House/Black Market, which has 322 stores across the country, told the Wall Street Journal.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:18 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,961,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
To answer your question,

Michelle Obama's cheap-o Donna Ricco 'View' dress flies off the racks! | The Dish Rag | Los Angeles Times (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/06/what-do-us-wome.html - broken link)
I loved that black and white dress. I'd buy one myself except I don't have any occasion to wear something like that. Plus it's a dress for a younger gal, not an old lady like me. But it was stunning on Michelle.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:20 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,456,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Yeah, right. But, I have to admit that the only thing disgusting/ugly about Palin's clothes is the cost.

To answer your question,

Michelle Obama wears Designer clothes specially made for her!
Her little attempts to pretend to buy from Target are a joke and insulting to people who do actually shop there all the time and not just for show!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:24 PM

110 posts, read 502,528 times
Quote:
Her little attempts to pretend to buy from Target are a joke and insulting to people who do actually shop there all the time and not just for show!
Where is the proof of this?

Old 10-23-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
If true, big whoopie!! The point is, she pays for her own clothes, the Democratic party does not pay for the Obama family's clothes.

The GOP paid for the Palin family's clothes with campaign donations! Little miss, 'I'm just plain folk', is wearing $2000. shoes and $3000. jackets. Joe the Plumber makes a third of what the GOP spent on her wardrobe.

If you don't see the point, I can't help you.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:31 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,456,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangelo View Post
Where is the proof of this?
"You know when you buy your first house? It's this sense of being rooted," Pinto said of her store, where prices range from $250 for silk blouses to $5,000 for a hand-embellished gown.

Something about Maria -- chicagotribune.com (http://www.chicagotribune.com/shopping/custom/fashion/chi-1019_image_maria_mainoct19,0,7403663.story - broken link)

Chicago Fashion Designer Keeps Michelle Obama in Style

MyFox Washington DC | Chicago Fashion Designer Keeps Michelle Obama in Style (http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=B3BA3E64BC8B7BDCAC70DEB4A7B55224 ?contentId=6731605&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1 - broken link)

Old 10-23-2008, 09:34 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,238,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Seriously people, please stop it with the contrived reverse arguments that are illogical.
First of all get your facts straight, Palin didn't buy the clothes!!!! They were purchased for her, secondly the clothes will be going to charity or auctioned off after the election is over.

If the Democratic Party purchased Michelle Nobama some clothes costing just as much don't even think for a second she wouldn't wear them either. Because you know she would, so get off Palin's back already.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
They were purchased for her, secondly the clothes will be going to charity or auctioned off after the election is over.

If the Democratic Party purchased Michelle Nobama some clothes costing just as much don't even think for a second she wouldn't wear them either. Because you know she would, so get off Palin's back already.
1. I'll believe that when it happens. But, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

2. Michelle Obama, a VP of a major University in Chicago, has dressed with class and style for years in clothes she paid for herself.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:52 PM

972 posts, read 1,331,786 times
Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Michelle Obama talked about budget shopping before Palin designer scandal

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_137009.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections