Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 04:04 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,538,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
Colin has always been a "yes man" looking for someone...anyone to be his friend.
I would have been his friend, but he never asked me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 04:08 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,065,905 times
Oooooh, a lot of sour grapes being bitten on around here.

Can't imagine the number of right wingnut threads there would be if Powell were to endorse McCain.

SEE EVEN A BLACK MAN LIKE COLIN POWELL KNOWS WHAT A TERRORIST THREAT TO AMERICAN OBAMA IS!©2008 WinterinAmerica.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:14 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,858,802 times
Colin Powell has the respect of many many Americans. He will undoubtedly sway a lot of votes in the election.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:18 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,042,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
Oooooh, a lot of sour grapes being bitten on around here.

Can't imagine the number of right wingnut threads there would be if Powell were to endorse McCain.

SEE EVEN A BLACK MAN LIKE COLIN POWELL KNOWS WHAT A TERRORIST THREAT TO AMERICAN OBAMA IS!©2008 WinterinAmerica.
Scary minds. If he selects MccAin, you will see posts like above (terrorist schtick all over again). If he selects Obama then Colin BECOMES the terrorist. This is how uneducated people think.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:34 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,858,802 times
If Powell endorsed McCain, his supporters would be shouting and doing backflips saying what a great man he is. Fox would be on it like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:46 PM

820 posts, read 1,204,563 times

Won't get any argument from me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
He has made some positive comments about Obama. And I think Powell is ultimately a patriot and a military man. I don't think he will let any partisan issues cloud his judgement or his endorsement.

In spite of his association with the Bush administration, I have a great deal of respect for him- and I think he got out when he realized our fine country was being duped.
I suspect he was quietly disgusted with the mistakes being made.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:55 PM

Sources and/or links for these right wing attacks on Colin Powell?

Just wondering who the idiots are.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:58 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,128,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
If Powell endorsed McCain, his supporters would be shouting and doing backflips saying what a great man he is. Fox would be on it like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat.
You got that right....Since it's not happening for the GOP they wanna sweep it under the rug and act is if it's not a big deal....It is to me & will be to alot of still undecided voters....

Old 10-17-2008, 05:11 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,027,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrprofess View Post
I think this is his first foray back into the limelight to raise his public profile and shine a light on the need for either candidate to give him serious consideration for a high ranking position in their administration. OR, even though he is 71, he might be making his first pass at starting his own campaign for president in the next four years. Either way I do not think he endorses either one. Endorse McCain and you risk aligning yourself with a lost election and one that has not been regarded as well run. If he wants to run a strong republican/independent campaign down the line, overtly supporting a McCain/Palin ticket might bite him in the behind. Back the Obama ticket and he turns his back on his own party, who's backing he would need if he were to run. I think this is simply an "all about me" appearance to further his return to government administration and/or politics in the near term. I am voting Obama this election, but feel Powell was the last great "leader" to consider a run for President. The candidates have been downhill since...
Powell has oft stated that he was not interested in running for Pres. his wife alma does not want him involved in politics either according to an article that i read. if this is true, powell has nothing to lose by endorsing obama for Pres.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbear48 View Post
Excuse me?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Gringo said:
" Do you remember exactly who committed those forces to Somalia?
< Hint : it wasn't Clinton>

End quote.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do You think that matters?
Do You think that mattered to Gen. Powell?

American soldiers swear "to support and defend the Constitution of the United States" ... obey ( constitutional authority) etc. etc.

The Somali famine relief opns started as a direct decendant of the earlier
famine relief in " another county in the region".
Remember? ' we are the world , we are the children'.......

Adid got in the way. Used starvation as a weapon.
Allied himself with UBL's AQ.
Butchered 24 Pakistani Peacekeepers in June 1993....
Bad career choice for him.

Got anything more to say, Old Gringo ?

Bring it on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections