Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:56 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,075,333 times

Advertisements

McCAIN's mantra is JOBS FOR AMERICA.

This is the center of McCain's economic plan which is now being widely proposed by Obama/Hillary today.
Why the switch Obama and Hillary???? Because McCain is right!!!!

Which means that Obama/Hillary believe in the Jobs for America as central part in the economic plan.

McCain's JOBS FOR AMERICA economic plan is at the following:

JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008 (http://www.johnmccain.com/Issues/jobsforamerica/ - broken link)

YouTube - Jobs For America Economic Plan

YouTube - McCain Jobs For America Plan Briefing

Young people, it's perfectly alright to support John McCain. McCain's mantra is "JOBS FOR AMERICA". McCain's economic plan is to create millions of good American jobs. There'll be more jobs than people qualified for the jobs. In a free market, you will achieve your dreams under McCain. When you graduate from college, there'll be jobs waiting for you.
Please review McCain's plan carefully at
JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008 (http://www.johnmccain.com/Issues/jobsforamerica/ - broken link)
It is a better and solid plan for the young minds with BIG dreams.

Obama is fulfilling his American Dream of becoming the President of the United States. As a child, you have big dreams, too. Dreams of working hard with your sweat and blood in starting and growing a business. You work 12-20 hours a day to achieve that dream. But you won't be able to reap the rewards of your dream because Obama will take away your dreams by forcing you to give your hard-earned rewards to others.

Don't let the American Dream get you by. McCain's JOBS FOR AMERICA will not destroy your dream.

Last edited by ShoppingCartLaw; 10-14-2008 at 12:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 12:13 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Young people, it's perfectly alright to support John McCain. McCain's mantra is "JOBS FOR AMERICA". McCain's economic plan is to create millions of good American jobs. There'll be more jobs than people qualified for the jobs. In a free market, you will achieve your dreams under McCain. When you graduate from college, there'll be jobs waiting for you.
That is absolutely ridiculous. I've been through McCain's plans and nothing seemed to jump out that would create jobs (to be fair neither would Obama's). Giving tax cuts to people who already have the money to hire "creative" accountants, or move money offshore, does not equal jobs. Please give me any empirical evidence that McCain would create jobs.

Truth be told young folks (Including myself) is that college is the new highschool. If you go to college and don't learn a skill that people who run businesses want then you will not get a job with good pay or any security. There isn't much that any president could (or should) do to change the situation. Trickle down taxcuts do not create jobs.

Free markets do not exist.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Obama is fulfilling his American Dream of becoming the President of the United States. As a child, you have big dreams, too. Dreams of working hard with your sweat and blood in starting and growing a business. You work 12-20 hours a day to achieve that dream. But you won't be able to reap the rewards of your dream because Obama will take away your dreams by forcing you to give your hard-earned rewards to others.

Don't let the American Dream get you by. McCain's JOBS FOR AMERICA will not destroy your dream.
You slipped this edit in during my response. That is absolutely ridiculous. That is economic terrorism. If any young person out there wants to start a high tech start-up I suggest you look into Obama's plan as he has an expansion of the SBIR program and tax incentives for new high-tech businesses. I am in the process of doing it now and strongly support Obama and his plan for the future.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:17 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
McCAIN's mantra is JOBS FOR AMERICA.

This is the center of McCain's economic plan which is now being widely proposed by Obama/Hillary today.
Why the switch Obama and Hillary???? Because McCain is right!!!!

Which means that Obama/Hillary believe in the Jobs for America as central part in the economic plan.

McCain's JOBS FOR AMERICA economic plan is at the following:

YouTube - Jobs For America Economic Plan

YouTube - McCain Jobs For America Plan Briefing

Please review McCain's plan carefully at
It is a better and solid plan for the young minds with BIG dreams.

I never understood why we would want to have such a high tax rate on business. All it does is send work elsewhere.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:24 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
You slipped this edit in during my response. That is absolutely ridiculous. That is economic terrorism. If any young person out there wants to start a high tech start-up I suggest you look into Obama's plan as he has an expansion of the SBIR program and tax incentives for new high-tech businesses. I am in the process of doing it now and strongly support Obama and his plan for the future.
" nothing seemed to jump out that would create jobs (to be fair neither would Obama's)."

OK, would you like to choose just one position. I know that in Obama land you can talk out of both sides of your mouth, but here we prefer one position per answer. Thank you!

Old 10-14-2008, 12:27 AM

Quote:
That is absolutely ridiculous. I've been through McCain's plans and nothing seemed to jump out that would create jobs (to be fair neither would Obama's). Giving tax cuts to people who already have the money to hire "creative" accountants, or move money offshore, does not equal jobs. Please give me any empirical evidence that McCain would create jobs.

Truth be told young folks (Including myself) is that college is the new highschool. If you go to college and don't learn a skill that people who run businesses want then you will not get a job with good pay or any security. There isn't much that any president could (or should) do to change the situation. Trickle down taxcuts do not create jobs.

Free markets do not exist.
This was already discussed at
https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ml#post5672647

Old 10-14-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
" nothing seemed to jump out that would create jobs (to be fair neither would Obama's)."

OK, would you like to choose just one position. I know that in Obama land you can talk out of both sides of your mouth, but here we prefer one position per answer. Thank you!
Like I said neither will create jobs. Neither will do anything that they promise on the trail given the global economic breakdown.

Obama might create more jobs by opening up public works contracts (which are long overdue) and lending to private sector energy initiatives.

McCain will give tax breaks to companies that have already been sending jobs overseas and will continue to do it and maybe create some jobs in the oil industry if he decides to drill domestically.

None of these jobs will last. The world isn't binary. Just because you want to believe McCain or Obama will create jobs doesn't mean that they will. Look at the current global situation and the nationalization of banking under the repub president. Look at McCains initiative to socialize housing. How are young people supposed to be able to buy a home in any desirable (places with jobs) area if you have an economic policy that keeps a generic inflated home value?

And what is the long term prospect. I'd be more willing to place a bet that whoever provides more $$$ to next generation technologies such as energy alternatives, broadband infrastructure, and medical technologies will create the fuel to our future economy. Problem here is that we need an educated workforce. I know you don't like people with "the booksmarts" but they might just be the future of our economy.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:

Then why did you start a new thread? Propaganda perhaps?

Old 10-14-2008, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Then why did you start a new thread? Propaganda perhaps?
There is no "top" thread on McCain's JOBS FOR AMERICA Economic Plan that I know of. This is the first TOP thread where there are two links that are added that touch on his plan. It is for discussion purposes. It also presents why Obama and Hillary have started to embrace the central theme on McCain's plan. McCain's plan will work for the youth of today who have big dreams.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:55 AM

As a young person (29) who was brought to your city to work in a high tech environment. I have to ask why would I vote for a guy who doesn't use "the google" or "the email?"

Lets discuss how a man who doesn't understand "old" technology would advance "new" technology? What jobs would McCain bring to america? What is the shelf life of these jobs? What would McCain do to encourage education that would spur the next generation of jobs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections