Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What best describes your feelings about the hate and ignorance seen at the McCain/Palin rallies
I'm voting for McCain/Palin and I agree with the people at the rallies. 24 16.00%
I'm a McCain/Palin supporter but I am embarassed and disgusted with what is going on. 5 3.33%
I'm an Obama/Biden supporter and am glad this is happening because it helps Obama. 12 8.00%
I'm an Obama/Biden supporter and I am embarassed and disgusted by this and feel bad for the non-radical Republicans. 109 72.67%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 10:50 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,044,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So now McCain is suppose to be everyone in his following? He controls their thoughts and comments?
McCain and Palin are certainly responsible for inciting this behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 10:52 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,483,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
McCain and Palin are certainly responsible for inciting this behavior.
Why because they question Obama's group of associates? I bet you would totally throw out the Keating thing questioning his associates.

The actions of a few don't speak for the many.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Why because they question Obama's group of associates? I bet you would totally throw out the Keating thing questioning his associates.

The actions of a few don't speak for the many.
You honestly believe that they have no responsibility whatsoever for stoking this behavior?

Old 10-11-2008, 10:59 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,483,645 times
We Will Not Be Silenced

Watch these and get back to me about what's really going on.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:08 AM

395 posts, read 511,117 times
The bullies will win.

Some things never change.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:16 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,379,552 times
Quote:
So now McCain is suppose to be everyone in his following? He controls their thoughts and comments?
Conservative sheep-minded Palin/McCain supporters = embers

Palin/McCain propaganda machine = gasoline

You get the picture...

Old 10-11-2008, 11:24 AM

177 posts, read 261,472 times
Quote:
Okay here we go again with the irrational assumptions bashing an entire group of almost 129 million people for the actions of (in your case) one person.
John, irrational assumptions? These are not irrational assumptions they are facts. Sarah Palin is playing the crowd and the supporters are eating it up. Associating Bill Ayers with Obama, insinuating Obama association with a terrorist. There is just not one person in the crowd that is screaming out Obama is a terrorist. McCain did not stop this mean spirited crowd, he allowed it to continue until the newsmedia broadcasted its concern. Then McCain had the decency to explain to people not to be afraid of Obama.

This is serious and it ought not to be taken lightly.

Old 10-11-2008, 11:30 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,633,744 times
Hmmm....how soon we seem to forget...

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...-riot-msp.html

Old 10-11-2008, 11:39 AM

808 posts, read 1,149,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What have they done? Bring up obama's ties to Ayers?

Can you honestly say that if McCain had such a person in his past the obama campaign would not have used it.
The language they are using is carefully planned by someone in that campaign to trigger hatred and stir up radicalism. I don't think it's McCain who is behind it, and maybe he didn't truly realize what was going on until he finally stood up and said something about it. Either Palin is being used as a tool and isn't smart enough to realize it or she is radical herself. I am not sure which I think yet because I honestly haven't seen quite enough yet.

Do you remember the thing with that guy who was brought onto the Jenny Jones show because a gay guy had a crush on him. Well, the guy they brought on the show was straight and what was done to him angered and riled him up so badly he murdered the gay guy. Although I can't recall the details, Jenny Jones was sued over intentionally creating the situation. I'm assuming it is possible that they same could happen if anything is done to Obama by one of these crazed McCain/Palin supporters. This is a VERY dangerous game. The political operatives on the religious right have a bad habit of inciting hatred and fear and as a woman who is very close to God I have to say there is absolutely NOTHING Godly about what they do.

Last edited by Centaurmyst; 10-11-2008 at 11:51 AM..

Old 10-11-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
We Will Not Be Silenced

Watch these and get back to me about what's really going on.
I couldn't even get through the first one. I can't listen to wacko, paranoid, conspiracy theorists. I don't have a tin-hat.

You're not a PUMA are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections