Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 08:37 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,314,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
Typical terrorist tactic actually. Scare somebody at work into silencing their political beliefs.

This might be the most shameful act that I've seen on this board.
Verifying facts are now shameful? I'm a neo-con? I think you have it backwards!

Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
You lack integrity. Whatever you are.
Opinions vary.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:39 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,285,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
Verifying facts are now shameful, and I'm a neo-con. I think you have it backwards!
No one gave you the permission to "verify facts." Who the hell do you think you are?

I can't believe the moderators haven't banned you for stalking.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:42 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,781,119 times
New Mexico, the decent thing to have done here would have been to have realized that the OP was rash when she posted the man's name. You took advantage of that and now this poor guy has at least one creepy e-mail waiting for him.

Hopefully this reminds us all to be circumspect online.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:43 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,831,483 times
Quote:
Verifying facts are now shameful? I'm a neo-con? I think you have it backwards!
You aren't verifying facts you're chasing after an oncologist at work regarding a private conservation that someone had with him. Karmas a *****

Old 10-08-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
New Mexico, the decent thing to have done here would have been to have realized that the OP was rash when she posted the man's name. You took advantage of that and now this poor guy has at least one creepy e-mail waiting for him.

Hopefully this reminds us all to be circumspect online.
It was hardly creepy. I even stated I agreed with several of his comments, especially the "dumbing of America" and the downward spiral in science. Not creepy in the least. No worries now gang...I referred him to a post that has been deleted. He will never get a chance to respond.

I hope everybody learned a good lesson here - especially the OP!

Peace.

Old 10-08-2008, 08:48 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,077,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The very ROOT of Conservative thinking is "keeping things the same".

That is why I would never believe that McCain/Palin would ever "change" anything.

Everytime I hear McCain/Palin even mention the word "CHANGE" it makes me laugh.

The words CHANGE and CONSERVATISM are completely opposite ideas.

WRONG!!!!!!

Liberals want to do anything they want because they always preach sweeping changes while Republicans are conversative and believe in gradual and carefully planned changes.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/record.xpd?id=109-s20060525-16 (broken link)

REAGAN made changes and they were carefully planned so it does not blow up on the people.

Liberals only think about themselves. It's a me me me. They don't care what their policies will do to the country because it is a ME first mantra.
Liberal politicians love to make promises of wealth for the middle-class.
That is their hook to get voted - to hook to inspire greed from the middle class.
They love to make promises of homeownership for every American without reviewing their policies. Then when their policies fail, they blame it on the conservatives- the Republicans who are in office. They say that the Democrats bear NO RESPONSIBILITIES on any of the current crisis.

And the voters fall for it and blame the Republicans who end up cleaning up the liberal's mess.

Then after convincing the public that it was the REPUBLICANS fault, a new breed of liberals once again makes promises of wealth to the middle class. Of course, the people fall for it because of greed. ME first before the country.

It is a CYCLE that will go on for many generations!

Old 10-08-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
You aren't verifying facts you're chasing after an oncologist at work regarding a private conservation that someone had with him. Karmas a *****

Hardly chasing...just a quick email lol. And if it was private, then why did she post it here?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 PM

439 posts, read 1,257,550 times
Quote:
Hardly chasing...just a quick email lol. And if it was private, then why did she post it here?

I don't know what more I can do, I deleted the post, I asked the admin to delete the thread. I made a big mistake doing a cut and paste of and e-mail my huband sent to me today about his
conversation. Please let this let this drop.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
I don't know what more I can do, I deleted the post, I asked the admin to delete the thread. I made a big mistake doing a cut and paste of and e-mail my huband sent to me today about his
conversation. Please let this let this drop.
As you wish. Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections