Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 12:12 PM

495 posts, read 748,469 times

Advertisements

In an interview with a conservative talk-show host, Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin says she knows the reason why the big media is so allegedly hostile to her, and it’s not because she has refused to talk to them.

Link to rest and mp3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 12:30 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,179,319 times
That quote is absolute gibberish!

My favorite part is "and we start doin' those things that are expected of our government, and we get rid of corruption, and...."

"losin' a loved one they're sending out there to a war to protect our rights..."

"[Obama] not even supporting a measure banning partial birth abortions" - Oh God, not another one...absolutely wrong interpretation, I hope it comes up at the debate.

Great run-through of her talking points, though the quality the handers decided was her "best" - that she's a "regular American" who represents "Joe Sixpack" - unfortunately must be a default label that indicates they think it's not possible to pull her up out of clueless and confused mode. Thanks very much for posting.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:33 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,480,574 times
Please tell me she did not say this.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:37 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,348,170 times
I think if people drink enough six-packs they'll vote for her.

Ken

Old 10-01-2008, 12:37 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,770,208 times
She used the phrase "Joe Six Pack" several times in that interview. As an Alaskan, I was embarrassed for her. It's as obvious as her "g" dropping is.

The woman was a broadcast journalist. Somewhere in one of her five schools she must have learned to speak properly. She's just putting on the hick to appeal to "Joe Six Pack", whoever that is.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:38 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,988,749 times
Personally, I don't like her because she reminds be of Bush.

Really sure of herself despite being ignorant.

Doesn't give a damn what the other half of the country thinks. Only what her own group thinks.

Wants to push her morality on others.

Not curious.

Doesnt' give a damn about foreign relations.

Abuses her authority, just like Bush.

She's sickening.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Doesn't give a damn what the other half of the country thinks. Only what her own group thinks.

Not curious.

Abusing her authority. Just like Bush.

She's sickening.
Yeah those points are pretty accurate in my opinion.
If I could rep your twice (or even 3 times) I would.

Ken

Old 10-01-2008, 12:41 PM

857 posts, read 2,003,443 times
did we not lean anything from the last 8 years of joe sixpack at the helm?

Old 10-01-2008, 12:45 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,480,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

Not curious.

Abusing her authority. Just like Bush.

She's sickening.
This is exactly what I was thinking. She sounds just like that bully sitting in the white house right now. If America elects these clowns, then this country deserves what's coming to it.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jy_2007 View Post
did we not lean anything from the last 8 years of joe sixpack at the helm?
Yeah, I find it laughable (and pathetic) that people so many people voted for Junior over candidates that were clearly smarter than him - to large degree because they related more to Junior and felt he was more "the kind of guy you could sit down and have a beer with".

I don't want to have a beer with the President.
I want a President who is smart, capable, and can do the job!!!!!

But then again, that's just me.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections