Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:19 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,176,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
maybe because the mccain camp sent her to some bush advisors to school her on foreign policy. which made her confused since the original plan was to run on a campaign opposite or different of bush admin?!
They only gave her the talking points. Apparently, she hasn't been keeping up with foreign events. I guess her sister's husband was more important.

Honestly people, do you really think this woman is a good choice for the second highest office in the country? Disregard McCain for a minute. Just be honest. There is a lot more at stake here than an election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 01:20 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,346,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Motive for the political ploy he pulled... trying to bump his debate with BO to the date Palin and Biden are supposed to debate. In turn rescheduling the VP "for a later date". Hmmm...
THAT is exactly what I thought.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:20 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,293,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
That makes it about as credible as the article you posted in your thread that said the "Wall Street titans" had requested McCain's presence in Washington to save the day. Either Wall Street purchased the Tennessee Titans, or your article is just as non-credible........
I don't remember posting a thread about the Tennessee Titans. I think you must have me confused with someone else.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:23 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,838,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
They only gave her the talking points. Apparently, she hasn't been keeping up with foreign events. I guess her sister's husband was more important.

Honestly people, do you really think this woman is a good choice for the second highest office in the country? Disregard McCain for a minute. Just be honest. There is a lot more at stake here than an election.
shes okay....

Old 09-26-2008, 01:28 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,435,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
But you have no names? That's as credible as "Lucille," who "heard" that Palin called Obama and Hillary Sambo and *****. NEXT!
I was thinking the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse

The problem is, Obama being #1 has set the bar SO LOW, that one cannot say Palin is a "bad choice" without also simultaneously believing Obama is as well.

DO you think Obama knew half as much as he does now when he began campaigning? Do you think he knows half as much as he should?

One moment that convinced me Obama was way out of his league was during a debate with Hillary. The moderator posed a question about the new Russian Prime Minister (President?).... it was not asked of either in particular.... Obama's head whipped right around to look at and defer to Hillary, who started to answer the question. She knew what the guy's name was, and she knew the situation. When Obama had a chance to speak, it was only, "I agree with Hillary." You KNOW if the moderator had asked HIM, directly, he would not have known what to say, and especially would not have known the guy's name!

The guy is not ready. Period. Neither Obama nor Palin are ready to lead the largest economy and militaryi in the world. Only problem is, there's a 100% chance the inexperienced deer-in-headlights will be president if Obama wins, and maybe a 5% chance McCain will keel over in a few months as Palin catches up to the "experience" Obama has "now."

Old 09-26-2008, 01:29 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,467,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post

Maybe she should do less hunting and more studying on her foreign affairs. One would argue she is only a VP candidate but with a 72 year old Presidential candidate, with serious skin cancer, who will not submit his medical records is a real concern for all Americans. If God forbid John McCain has a stroke, PALIN is going to step in. OMG She needs to go back to Alaska and stay there, forever and go back to be the hockey/PTA mom.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:31 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,435,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Maybe she should do less hunting and more studying on her foreign affairs. One would argue she is only the VP but with a 72 year old candidate, with serious skin cancer, who will not submit his medical records is a real concern for all Americans. If God forbid John McCain has a stroke, PALIN is going to step in. OMG She needs to go back to Alaska and stay there, forever and go back to be the hockey/PTA mom.

I wonder? What's it like having your worldview fed to you on a nice, partisan platter where you don't ever have the curiosity to seek out and verify on your own?:

Release of McCain's Medical Records Provides Unusually Broad Psychological Profile - New York Times (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=980DEFD7133EF935A35751C1A96F9582 60 - broken link)

Old 09-26-2008, 01:37 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,921,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I don't remember posting a thread about the Tennessee Titans. I think you must have me confused with someone else.
How about just as credible as your posting that Stage II melanoma can not be invasive. Or just as credible as your posting McCain's cancer is gone. Or, just as credible as your posting Obama has not disclosed his medical records. There's more and I've reponded to your erroneous posts with citable facts but you just run to another thread and post more of the same mis-information.

But, this is America afterall...

Old 09-26-2008, 01:39 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,259,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
As Palin becomes better known, both her strengths and weaknesses are also becoming better known .... and to many (including me), her weaknesses FAR outweigh her strengths.

Whether she stays or goes ... well, I was going to say that it doesn't matter to me, but it does. We have precious little time as it is to get to know enough about Palin to make an informed decision. Yank her out of there and put someone else in, and unless that person is a mainstream politician, we're right back where we started, only with even LESS time.

The larger question for me - and it has bothered me since McCain picked Palin (and caused me to say "Who??") - is, what does this say about the judgment shown by McCain? And is this the type of judgment we want to see in our next President?
Exactly. Palin is McCain's Hariette Miers. Even if McCain chose a new running mate, it makes him look really bad.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:39 PM

365 posts, read 693,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I wonder? What's it like having your worldview fed to you on a nice, partisan platter where you don't ever have the curiosity to seek out and verify on your own?:

Release of McCain's Medical Records Provides Unusually Broad Psychological Profile - New York Times (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=980DEFD7133EF935A35751C1A96F9582 60 - broken link)
They get their information source from these forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections