Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 03:04 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,184,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
These are the democrats that AP article was talking about. The one that said 30% of democrats won't vote for Obama. These are them - all through PA, MI, OH, IN, WI, MN.

Keep throwing away those "redneck" votes, even when they are your own party.
only you see left and right. Thats a point lost on you.

I couldn't care less of the killers were dem or rep! When you enjoy hunting down and killing anything for fun you have lost your compassion for life and only care about yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 03:08 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,184,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfjtm View Post
I know quite a few hunters, and they ALL eat their kills.
Unless it's for survival i personally don't condone killing animals.

They hunt because they find it to be FUN.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
I'm against it for SPORT
Good for you. That's what makes America great - you have a choice. I'm sure you are willing to afford that same choice to other American's, right?

Old 09-22-2008, 03:13 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,238,461 times
NRA has a right to espouse their position, Obama apparently alienated a few folks in Pa concerning guns:

“If you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it,’’ Obama said. But the Illinois senator could still see skeptics in the crowd, particularly on the faces of several men at the back of the room.

So he tried again. “Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me. Can everyone hear me in the back? I see a couple of sportsmen back there. I’m not going to take away your guns.’’

Flopping Aces » Blog Archive » Classic Obama On Guns

Old 09-22-2008, 03:14 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,496,991 times
Actually hunting is pretty damn fun. But like a previous poster said, I only know hunters who use the meat. No sense in wasting a wad of cash to go on a hunting trip if you're only going to shoot something and then leave.

People shooting buffalo from trains in the 1800s and leaving the corpses to rot in the sun? Bad. A couple of guys going out to bag a deer and then cut up the meat that will last months? Nothing wrong there.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
When you enjoy hunting down and killing anything for fun you have lost your compassion for life and only care about yourself.
Quote:
They hunt because they find it to be FUN.
Where do you get this tripe? Most hunters I know (Hubby is one btw, and an excellent first-shot/kill-shot one at that) eat what they kill.

How would you control the population of deer in these areas? Not every would-be hunter is allowed a tag, usually it's a lottery. Would you rather see the animals starve in harsh winters?

You strike me as the type who love to watch and possibly feed a deer, but once they start into your flower beds, you have no problem throwing them under the bus.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Unless it's for survival i personally don't condone killing animals.
Don't thrust your beliefs on others. Isn't that what you wail about Palin?

Old 09-22-2008, 03:17 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,848,129 times
People that hunt their own food tend to be healthier and live longer than the majority of us that eat the junk they sell at the grocery store. Hunting isn't about fun and loss of compassion. It is an instinct developed over several hundred thousand years. 50 years of our current way of life is not going to override that instinct. I understand growing up in a big city environment would greatly suppress it, but millions of us live in medium sized cities and towns with extensive rural surroundings.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:18 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,238,461 times
Obama Record May Be Gold Mine For Critics
Eight Years As State Senator Were Full Of Controversial Votes, Including Abortion And Gun Control:

Obama regularly supported gun-control measures, including a ban on semiautomatic "assault weapons" and a limit on handgun purchases to one a month.

He also opposed letting people use a self-defense argument if charged with violating local handgun bans by using weapons in their homes. The bill was a reaction to a Chicago-area man who, after shooting an intruder, was charged with a handgun violation.

Supporters framed the issue as a fundamental question of whether homeowners have the right to protect themselves.

Obama Record May Be Gold Mine For Critics, Eight Years As State Senator Were Full Of Controversial Votes, Including Abortion And Gun Control - CBS News

Old 09-22-2008, 03:19 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Don't thrust your beliefs on others. Isn't that what you wail about Palin?
HAHAHAHA!!! Pot meet kettle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections