Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 04:35 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,351,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Those aren't the parts. Without the ability to manufacture the parts (i.e. a milling machine and lathe) and the competence to run them, the book is worthless.

Try again.
I never said that those were the parts. I did say that I found a link (in about five seconds) to the instructions for doing the convert, which any gunsmith worth his salt could easily accomplish.

I'm not "trying" anything. I don't even own the weapon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 04:36 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,119,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Guns in the City only mean trouble unless they are held by law inforcement.

Guns make criminals WORSE. They give the criminal element a feeling of POWER when they hold them.

Most of the criminals are ******* until they get their hand on a gun.
How do you suggest one defend one's self from an armed criminal?

We all know that the Supreme Court has said that law enforcement have no duty to protect individuals.

We'll wait...

Old 09-22-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I never said that those were the parts. I did say that I found a link (in about five seconds) to the instructions for doing the convert, which any gunsmith worth his salt could easily accomplish.

I'm not "trying" anything. I don't even own the weapon.
And you can buy a book on how to make bombs, how to torture, how to grow illegal drugs, etc..

What's your point?

Old 09-22-2008, 04:38 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,184,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
How do you suggest one defend one's self from an armed criminal?

We all know that the Supreme Court has said that law enforcement have no duty to protect individuals.

We'll wait...
If a criminal were to attack me in my home and does not have a gun he is getting a crack to the dome with my baseball bat.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
no rights are morally infringed upon if such right becomes an encroachment upon anothers saftey.
Sure, no problem. Go ahead and take away a right that is actually IN the friggin constitution because some hoodlums run rampant on the streets.

Some people should not be allowed vote.

Let me guess; you have no problem with Roe, a "right" made up by SCOTUS that can be found nowhere in the constitution.

My ignore list just got longer. How can one argue with such ignorance and stupidity?

Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 PM

172 posts, read 298,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You can buy a semi-auto AK at a gun store and buy a converter kit easily to convert it to auto.

I know someone who did it. He was able to purchase something like 15 guns within a year.

He had been institutionalized 4 times.
[sarcasim]You can't buy a "converter kit" they have been "banned."

If you knew anything about the internals of an AK-47 that are available in the US...after hearing your story and ROFL...you would reply "bull****!"

As someone who carried/carrys a "full-auto" in semi mode for many years full auto is over-rated. FWIW

Old 09-22-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I believe it is illegal to incite a riot or mass panic USING WORDS.

It's already restricted to a certain extent, rightfully so.
Exactly. USING them.

So, using your analogy, what's the problem with owning firearms as long as they are owned and used legally?

Old 09-22-2008, 04:42 PM

745 posts, read 1,298,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Let me guess; you have no problem with Roe, a "right" made up by SCOTUS that can be found nowhere in the constitution.
My oh my, now look who's trying to force their beliefs onto someone else. You should steer clear of analogizing gun control with abortion. It reeks of hypocrisy.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
If a criminal were to attack me in my home and does not have a gun he is getting a crack to the dome with my baseball bat.
90% or criminals commit their acts armed.

What are you going to do? Bring a bat to a gun fight?

lol

Old 09-22-2008, 04:43 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,184,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sure, no problem. Go ahead and take away a right that is actually IN the friggin constitution because some hoodlums run rampant on the streets.
If my safety or YOUR safety at risk due to out of control guns in the black market then there is a problem, don't you agree?

Come up with a solution that actually works and makes us safer and i'll all for it.

Quote:
This is a NRA thread. try to stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections