Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 03:41 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,626,370 times

Advertisements

And I can't help but think about why she doesn't have a stock answer to that foreign policy question memorized at least. She knows that it is going to be asked. Memorize something, anything for pete's sake!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 03:52 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,626,370 times
Oops, repeat thread! I deserve to be punished!!

Go to the following link to make a comment about Palin's townhall appearance:
https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...her-first.html

Old 09-18-2008, 03:54 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,194,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
But the important question is - Did she Blink?
She's no Nancy Pelosi.

YouTube - Dick Cheney vs. Nancy Pelosi: The Blink-Off

Old 09-18-2008, 04:06 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,982,857 times
Whoa...the look of irritation on McCain's face (around 3:10) when he's about ready to answer a question and the question was for Palin...

...I think he regrets this VP choice as well.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:09 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,960,458 times
Then, after Palin could not come up with any answers, McCain interjected and attempted to validate Palin's foreign policy experience by stating she (Palin) is in charge of the Alaska National Guard and Alaska has oil "and that's foreign policy". Palin just looked at McCain and nodded her head in agreement. If Palin cannot speak for herself and answer legitimate questions regarding policies and her experience, why does McCain even have this woman as a running mate. Honestly, this it's just not fair to Palin. she looks totally lost and it is becoming crystal clear that she is being "spoon-fed" every word that comes out of her mouth.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:05 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,635,277 times
Today The Governor said "in a Palin...McCain administration!"....oops?

Old 09-18-2008, 10:58 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Then, after Palin could not come up with any answers, McCain interjected and attempted to validate Palin's foreign policy experience by stating she (Palin) is in charge of the Alaska National Guard and Alaska has oil "and that's foreign policy". Palin just looked at McCain and nodded her head in agreement. If Palin cannot speak for herself and answer legitimate questions regarding policies and her experience, why does McCain even have this woman as a running mate. Honestly, this it's just not fair to Palin. she looks totally lost and it is becoming crystal clear that she is being "spoon-fed" every word that comes out of her mouth.

You know. I really care about this election. I am so amazed that a mascot for the radical right , with her SD alcohol hairspray and prop glasses thinks she can hoodwink an ENTIRE NATION..............................

The first dude ( now is refusing to answer the subpoena) They need to respect Americans a bit more.................WASILLA ALASKA DOES NOT REPRESENT AMERICA.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:08 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,586,375 times
As bad as the thought of President Palin is, McCain is not much better. Plus he is bumbling and forgetful when in good health. And if his health went (which, given the pressures of the job of President is entirely possible in someone of his age) Palin would, literally, be a heartbeat away from President.

I cant imagine who would really be running this country if she were President.

Who would she turn over power to? Who would she listen to?

And to go from Duyba to Palin?

Man, could you imagine. After the world laughing at us for 8 years of the village idiot we get someone to replace him that knows less about foreign policy than I do, and perhaps millions of other people, as well.

She would make a good speech coach or teacher, is a good speaker and with her beauty queen looks can convey a sense of familiarity, which is great for small groups of people discussing small issues, but running the most powerful nation in the world is a far cry from freshman Gov. of less than a million people.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:15 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,547,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I didn't read your link, but I assume this is one of the ones where they "headed for the exits" as soon as "iron John" started to talk.

I wonder where all the Barack haters are who were constantly berating him for saying the wrong city a couple of times. Turns out our little Sarah thinks that CEDAR RAPIDS IOWA is Grand Rapids! Proud Capn Marine will be right on this I'm sure since he was constantly harping about Barack doing it.

Of course in her defense, she can't see IOWA from her house. Therefor she shouldn't be expect to know anything.

golfgod

Are you serious? I can't get You Tube on my laptop, but my god....this lady is going to make Bush look bland and boring, if she is ever elected, with gaffes goofs and dumb**** quotes.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:26 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,643,526 times
Exclamation wow-

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Whoa...the look of irritation on McCain's face (around 3:10) when he's about ready to answer a question and the question was for Palin...

...I think he regrets this VP choice as well.
you know, its very scary, if Mccain wins, and cant handle his bipolar disorder. We all may be killed in yet another war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections