Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 05:02 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,125,090 times

Advertisements

*Biden tells one audience Hillary is more qualified than he is.

*On another occasion he tells an official in a wheelchair to "Stand up Chuck".

*At a fundraiser for Obama in Houston TX, Biden tells Michelle to "go get me a fork, I dropped mine"

*"Biden launches into a stream-of-consciousness monologue about what his [Senate Foreign Relations] committee should be doing, before he finally admits the obvious: "I'm groping here." Then he hits on an idea: America needs to show the Arab world that we're not bent on its destruction. "Seems to me this would be a good time to send, no strings attached, a check for $200 million to Iran," Biden declares. He surveys the table with raised eyebrows, a How do ya like that? look on his face. The staffers sit in silence. Finally somebody ventures a response: "I think they'd send it back."

*"...during the early stages of the Primary", Joe said: ""Any Democrat who thinks this election is going to be about domestic policy is making a big mistake." Sen. Biden quit the race in January after winning less than 1% of the vote in the Iowa caucuses. THEN, Joe, reeking of alcohol said...."aw, who cares or even believes him or Barry bin Snortin"?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1055768/Bungling-Biden-ruin-Obama-fear-Democrats-tells-disabled-politician-stand-up.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 05:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,037,797 times
He is a gaffe machine, no doubt. Can't wait for the debate with Palin.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:32 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,871,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He is a gaffe machine, no doubt. Can't wait for the debate with Palin.
Me either. He's going to smear her. I watched a bio on him last night and it really confirmed to me what I already know about him. He's a smart man who has integrity. He knows more about foreign policy than all three of them. He's totally presidential material.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:35 AM

9,429 posts, read 14,382,104 times
Elections are inevitably about domestic policy, foreign policy is too obscure for most people.

My feeling is that, among other perceptions, people are starting to realize that there are too many contradictions in Obama's messages and that he does not really have the total support of the democratic party which itself has not articulated any particular, clear message.

Not that McCain and his ticket are particularly brilliant, no one in political leadership has any clue as to the root of the economic problems facing the country, but a critical mass of people is beginning to perceive that Obama is just too risky.

Back on topic, yeah, I expect Ms Palin to hold her own in the debate with Mr Biden.

If she can warm over the British press, we may begin to read about comparisons with Margeret Thatcher who, by the way, came to the PM's office with lots of domestic but little or no foreign policy experience, yet she played a significant role in the West's victory in the Cold War.

Its seems that Wall Street is doing its own blood-letting right now, possibly paving the way for McCain-Palin to let new economic leadership come in (maybe), and even the Iraqis themselves may be setting the date for US troop withdrawal or at least a downsizing.

In other words, four years of auto-pilot under McCain-Palin may be the safer course in a turbulent situation than cockamamie experiments in fiscal policy under Obama and especially a democrat-majority Congress that would walk all over him.

We'll see.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:43 AM

The only way Palin will do better is if the media spins it that way by saying she was railroaded, or treated unfairly. I think they are playing the gender card way too often. But back to Biden, not only is he a whiz in foreign experience, he has the smarts in domestic policy, he's got integrity (which the other party lacks).

Old 09-15-2008, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
he's got integrity (which the other party lacks).
Members of the boards of directors of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were top-ranking democrats and republicans alike.

Can you please provide the date for Obama/Biden's clear, concise, non-bumbling major policy speech on monetary reform and reform of the Federal Reserve?

Old 09-15-2008, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Members of the boards of directors of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were top-ranking democrats and republicans alike.

Can you please provide the date for Obama/Biden's clear, concise, non-bumbling major policy speech on monetary reform and reform of the Federal Reserve?
In what respect, Charlie?? No, seriously I don't know, but have you heard one from McCAin/Palin? I've already heard McCain mention that he doesn't understand the economy (maybe he should have paid attention in class). Not understanding the economy shouldn't put him on the fast track to leadership of the USA.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:55 AM

Quote:
No, seriously I don't know, but have you heard one from McCAin/Palin?
No, from neither campaign.

The fact is that they are all bumbling idiots. The challenge is to determine which combination of bumbling idiots will do less damage.

There is little or no hope for monetary policy reform, what the economy most needs right now.

The last thing that the economy needs right now is pie-in-the-sky experiments with cockamamie fiscal policy to complement the perverse effects already caused by cockamamie monetary policy, which both parties have whole-heartedly subscribed to and pretend is not an issue.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:01 AM

Well Biden is speaking today or this week on the economy. Palin is delivering her same old stump speech (thanks, but no thanks). So I think as the weeks unfold, we will hopefully hear more meat from these guys. I suspect that we will hear more about the issues from the D side than the R, since they aren't running on issues, remember??

Old 09-15-2008, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Well Biden is speaking today or this week on the economy. Palin is delivering her same old stump speech (thanks, but no thanks). So I think as the weeks unfold, we will hopefully hear more meat from these guys. I suspect that we will hear more about the issues from the D side than the R, since they aren't running on issues, remember??
I would be willing to reconsider the democrats if they come out strong on monetary policy reform and significantly downsize their plans for fiscal policy, with the whole party backing Obama's taxation proposal (basically in favor of the Bush tax cuts, with a few tweaks on the high end), and refrain from the useless rhetoric, from a policy standpoint, of blaming everything on the Bush administration, because they themselves acquiesced on virtually all its policies (it destroys credibility to deny it).

Those are big ifs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections