Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Senator McCain select the most qualified Republican in the Nation?
Yes. I am convinced the Governor is the most Qualified Republican in the Nation to be VP & possibly President 19 17.12%
No. The Governor is not the Most Qualified Republican in the Nation to be VP and possibly President. 92 82.88%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 11:30 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,092,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Why is your POLL question and your TOPIC question completely different?

Romney was more qualified, but it would have killed the ticket as the old rich white guy ticket.
I agree - One question per poll please!!! This not only has two questions but they have opposite answers!!!

I'm easily confused, may have voted wrongly...so may others...makes this a bit of a dubious result!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 11:32 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,079,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Why is your POLL question and your TOPIC question completely different?

Romney was more qualified, but it would have killed the ticket as the old rich white guy ticket.
I wondered that, too. But since the question was so skewed, I had no problem answered in a skewed way myself. No, she's obviously not the "most qualified Republican." However, she was the best political choice and after being VP, she WILL be the "most qualified Republican" after McCain.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:32 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,663,700 times
There's nothing skewed about either question. You don't like the unpleasantness of the correlation that you may have to defend a candidate who may or may not have cost the Senator the election and who probably isn't the most qualified candidate the Senator could have selected.

The poll asks whether or not you believe the Governor was the most qualified candidate.

The title and thread topic discusses whether this may have cost the Senator the election.

Will the Governor help his ticket win? Remains to be seen. The days ahead will certainly be grueling as the Senator may need to campaign with the Governor in tow in order to get his message out, the top of the ticket has certainly proved it inspires much smaller crowds. Could this be the Senators Achilles heel?... remains to be seen. As the campaign grants more press there is sure to be a leveling off in the Governor's affect and more than likely a renewed focus on Independents who are notoriously issues driven and more skeptical of ideologically driven candidates.

Thus far the Senator has made some winning moves - He appears to have solidified his base, selected a candidate who is at the other end of the spectrum of Senator Clinton, generated a way of getting the big crowds, and selected a candidate who has infuriated those who insist he could have done better than spark speculation on what appears to be an unabashed pander to women voters and a pure political move. We'll certainly see if he's made more winning moves than losing ones.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:35 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,644,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The title and thread topic discusses whether this may have cost the Senator the election.
which Senator are you referring to? I've already stated that I think Palin has cost Senator Obama the election.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:35 PM

9,925 posts, read 10,893,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post

Did Senator McCain select the most qualified Republican in the Nation?
Please name the last VP candidate pick of either party, chosen based on that criteria?

Old 09-13-2008, 01:00 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,723,630 times
Default Biden says hillary would have been better VP

What about when Biden! obamas choice for VP, said the same? Watch the video! Why would Biden even say this ?

Joe Biden: Hillary Probably a Better Pick for VP Than Me : Stop The ACLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
The fact that Palin would even make a comment "Obama is regretting not picking Hillary" proves that all this circus hoopla is because she has a vagina.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:03 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,517,469 times
LOL! What is the big deal about the VP pick on the GOP ticket? She's a breath of fresh air. She is not the most qualified old insider type but she is the most qualified reformer and that's what we need. Nothing is working in Washington. We need someone to go in there and clean house. There's too much red tape, waste and bipartisan bickering. Now, let me ask you this....did the Dem's pick the most qualified Presdiental candidate???? Hell no. Not only is the GOP VP as qualified as their top person on the ticket she's actually more qualified. Now why all the fuss about Palin. I think the Dems are running scared.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:10 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,969,808 times
This should put it in a better perspective.
Attached Thumbnails
Has Governor Palin cost Senator McCain the Election?-juneau.jpg  

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 04:08 AM..

Old 09-13-2008, 01:40 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,308,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
No democrat is ever gonna win Oklahoma. She will cost McCain the elcection in some of those toss up states.
Hum......David Boren, Robert S Kerr, Carl ALbert J Howard Edmenson, Mike Monroney, Brad Henry, me thnks one chould do some checking first before spouting off.
THis is a very democratic state, just not a left coast democratic state.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:13 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,663,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Could be.

I'm an independent economic conservative, to me most everything else is red herring, really nothing in this election for people with this type of profile, except maybe the lesser of two evils type of vote.

Good luck!
You could be right, I certainly want someone who will invest heavily in green technology. This article sums up where and how our next Economic boom may come about. It appears only one candidate is dedicated to getting us there. Senator Obama may not have made a lot of friends initially going into the Mid-west telling folks the truth about the job losses, but folks have come around after sleeping on the truth of the matter and the infrastructure is there to revive the manufacturing necessary to move us forward.

The Next Bull Market

"There's always a bull market somewhere," goes the old Wall Street saw, and it's a principle that Washington needs to keep firmly in mind as it contemplates its trillion-dollar financial bailout. Today, that bull market is in green investing, which includes everything from wind and solar power to forest conservation.
Since 2001, the wind industry has grown 339 percent; the solar industry has grown a whopping 579 percent; both are projected to continue their blockbuster double-digit annual growth into the foreseeable future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections