Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did Senator McCain select the most qualified Republican in the Nation?
Yes. I am convinced the Governor is the most Qualified Republican in the Nation to be VP & possibly President 19 17.12%
No. The Governor is not the Most Qualified Republican in the Nation to be VP and possibly President. 92 82.88%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 08:31 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,695,377 times

Advertisements

OP is worried and wants to have us make her feel better about the loses they have suffered for Obama picking lame joe biden.

You know this pick has been the most exciting pick ever in any vp pick. On your ticket your no. 2 is more qualified then your number one and even he has some major issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 08:32 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,550,534 times
Palin's selection as VP shows that McCain has swung farther to the right. Typically, candidates move to the center during the general election, but McCain is doing the exact opposite.

Meanwhile, Obama's pick of Biden shows he is actually moving to the center. Obama should now seize the centrist position that McCain has abandoned. I think if Obama consistently emphasizes his credentials as a centrist Democrat and push McCain and Palin farther to the right, Obama will win the election.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:35 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,338,620 times
Only 1 vote for Palin and I almost knew who voted for her. Is this person a cheerleader for Palin or is she working for her campaign? I have never seen a person that is willing to do anything for this woman, what is her deal? Does she have a crush on Palin or is she working for the Palin campaign?

Old 09-13-2008, 08:47 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,128,742 times
You can't dispute the facts!
1. McCain's numbers have gone up significantly since picking Palin.
2. McCain/Palin has a slight but significant lead in national polls.
3. Palin is the most soughtafter political interview by major media.
4. McCain's media coverage has trippled since picking Palin.
5. According to the Washijngton Post Survey Palin's name was recognizable to 62% of those polled. Only 12% could identify Biden!

Old 09-13-2008, 09:21 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,663,700 times
Default Did Senator McCain select the most qualified Republican in the Nation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
You can't dispute the facts!
1. McCain's numbers have gone up significantly since picking Palin.
2. McCain/Palin has a slight but significant lead in national polls.
3. Palin is the most soughtafter political interview by major media.
4. McCain's media coverage has trippled since picking Palin.
5. According to the Washijngton Post Survey Palin's name was recognizable to 62% of those polled. Only 12% could identify Biden!
Barnum & Bailey is a recognized name by older adults....kids, they just know it as the Circus, or they recognize the show with the white tigers and the clowns....doesn't mean we want clowns leading the Nation. You've established that the Senator made an excellent move drawing folks to the show...so good in fact that he's no longer part of the show, and let's face it, he's seen he can't beat the Senator from Illinois on important issues, he hasn't all summer. The outright declaration to no longer make the election about issues that affect all Americans was disgraceful and showed absolute disrespect for the system the Founders established. What happens to the ringmaster as his main attraction continues to falter in front of the press is anyone's guess. The crowd is certainly learning the headliner's no ringmaster. History has shown he can't headline his own show, the crowd certainly isn't enthused by his politics................I suppose this is why politics is considered the Greatest Show on Earth, Senator McCain certainly picked a nice headliner, but did he select the most qualified one?

Old 09-13-2008, 09:26 AM

13,813 posts, read 28,644,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Why is your POLL question and your TOPIC question completely different?
Like Obama and most democrats, it is worded to sound good, but to deceive. Since I can't answer using this trap, I'll answer here:

Is Palin the most qualified to be VP? Probably not.

Did Palin cost McCain the election? Absolutely not. If anything, she may have cost Obama the election.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:39 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,440,377 times
The thread title vs. the poll question are misleading. Did you do that on purpose?

Someone comes on here thinking one answer reading the title, and then the poll question requires the opposite answer.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:00 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,296,219 times
GOD I DO love a poorly written poll.....kinda like saying Mr Obamama Yes or no, do you still beat your wife?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:12 AM

34,455 posts, read 18,863,948 times
Flawed, obviously biased poll.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:22 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,137,623 times
I think it is too early to say how the Palin choice will effect the election (right now it looks like Obama and McCain are running about even and there is plenty of time for either campaign to crash and burn). However, I do think that were more qualified candidates out there for VP. As a woman, I found McCain's choice cynical at best, and insulting at worst, as there are many intelligent, qualified female Republicans out there who would have made a better VP choice than Palin.

Being perplexed by the subject matter of the thread and the structure of the poll. I did not vote. I expect stuff like this from Fun2Day, but not walidm

Last edited by j33; 09-13-2008 at 11:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections