Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 05:51 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,605,870 times

Advertisements

It looks like half of America is fooled once again in to voting for four more years of Bush policies.

"It's happening again. Regardless of the outcome of this thing, it's clear that half of America is falling for the same superficial trickery that gave us eight years of George W. Bush. You know the routine. Who do you want to have a beer with? Who is more plainspoken? Who would you like to drive your kids to hockey?"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-ce..._b_125430.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 06:02 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,054,443 times
What's that saying...

You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but the GOP can fool all of it's followers all of the time.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:27 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,684,017 times
The huffington post? Please, like that is a standard for objective journalism.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:30 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,370,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
It looks like half of America is fooled once again in to voting for four more years of Bush policies.

"It's happening again. Regardless of the outcome of this thing, it's clear that half of America is falling for the same superficial trickery that gave us eight years of George W. Bush. You know the routine. Who do you want to have a beer with? Who is more plainspoken? Who would you like to drive your kids to hockey?"

Bob Cesca: Fooled Again
Do you have any original thoughts or do you run around accusing people of following people, and use links showing you follow people as evidence that you dont..

Old 09-11-2008, 08:32 AM

11,519 posts, read 14,748,727 times
So true--most people don't really "think" for themselves. It's whatever sound bite they hear in the news or whoever can manipulate them toward their point of view. Period.The US isn't ready for an intellectual president. Maybe we more identify with the "cowboy," "the beer drinker," "the obsene joke teller." I don't know.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:33 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,207,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Do you have any original thoughts or do you run around accusing people of following people, and use links showing you follow people as evidence that you dont..
Here's an original thought:

How about you answer a question or point, rather than simply falling back on the same old tired and very uninventive M.O. of attempting to attack someone in order to deflect the original point?

Old 09-11-2008, 08:36 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,790,100 times
While it is true that some people do not think for themselves . . . why is it that when someone disagrees . . . they often explain their difference of opinion by saying the "other guy" is stupid . . . or ill-informed . . . or easily manipulated???

Why is it that people can't seem to accept that not everyone looks at the same situation - and sees the same solution?

I suspect that most people who are voting for Obama are doing so b/c they like what he is saying or relate to him in some way. Why is is that Obama supporters would not assume that "the other guy" likes what he is hearing from McCain better?

Why do we have to always resort to name-calling when someone disagrees w/ our version of how the world works (or how we want it to operate???)

Old 09-11-2008, 08:38 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,694,472 times
I was fooled in 2006 thinking that the promises of Pelosi and Reid to fix the oil prices, health care, mortgage issues, illegal immigration, and much more.

I wont be fooled by the broken promises by liberal party again.

Almost 2 years with total control and not one single promise has come true, our economy has went down hill, gas prices which was there baby was went up, people are losing there homes while they went on vacation in our time of need.

Do you really expect to grant a liberal our White House when the most liberal congress member of the do nothing club is running for President?

No way, you have had your chance and have broken each and every promise just to get elected.

We cannot afford another tax mongering lying liberal. We have a host of them already do nothing nitwits.

I wont be fooled again by liberals who promised to help us and have done nothing at all especially since they have total control of congress.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:40 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,288,823 times
in response to anifani821

I don't. I haven't refered to McCain as McSame on these forums or any other mean little third grade names. I know Obama can win if people look at the issues. Take up an arguement with me and I'm not likely to back down, but I will try to avoid disrespect at all times. That is less than I can say to some people on either side of the aisle.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:40 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,403,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post

Bob Cesca: Fooled Again

I agree. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections