Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:06 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,676 times

Advertisements

I think all this stuff is up in the air until after the debates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Nevada is unlikely to vote McCain. There are too many Republicans who think for themselves to vote the RINO leprechaun in. These aren't southern fried toothless idiots or midwestern corn growing bumpkins. It's the land of gambling, guns and legal prostitution, and like NH refuses to back a liberal like McAmnesty and Sarah Stalin. IN all my life, I've never been in a place with more dope smoked by conservatives.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:13 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,939,753 times
Well, a friend pointed out that Missouri has picked the president for every term. If you look back, you'll see the pattern. Wierd! So if the OP is correct come Nov., then McCain will win....I'm moving to the EU.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:13 PM

149 posts, read 323,132 times
People here in Colorado are really fired up about McCain/Palin. Colorado will most likely go red.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:24 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
I am trying to stay very conservative in my guesstimate, I think it will be 273-265 Obama over McCain, which will mean that CO & NM are the only real swing states that have to go blue, but that's it. I would love to have the luxury of VA or FL, but I'm not going to hang my hat on either of them. 270towin is awesome!
Well you are right. You always have to look at the worst case Scenario. New Mexico appears to be in the bag for Obama. But if Obama gets Colorado, its all over for McCain. Obama still needs to fight for the other states because you just never know. This is an unusual election year that will have a much larger turn out than normal. Then again its a long time between now and Nov 4th. The debates could swing the momentum back to Obama. Then there is the case of Troopergate. I know some dont take that case seriously but I guess we will find out once the investigation wraps up and the report is released. The lead investigator said there are some damaging things found on Palin. Whether or not thats just talk, I dont know. But serious wrong doing found on Palin's part would stop McCain's momentum dead in its tracks and Palin would fall as quick as she rose.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:27 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,118,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpitts View Post
People here in Colorado are really fired up about McCain/Palin. Colorado will most likely go red.
Yeah, I was worried when the new subdivision in my area of Colorado was 90% occupied by ex-Californians, but when ALL of them erected McCain signs on their yards, I'm starting to feel better.

These Californians must be the escapees that are sick of mess the Liberals caused there.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:29 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Well you are right. You always have to look at the worst case Scenario. New Mexico appears to be in the bag for Obama. But if Obama gets Colorado, its all over for McCain. Obama still needs to fight for the other states because you just never know. This is an unusual election year that will have a much larger turn out than normal. Then again its a long time between now and Nov 4th. The debates could swing the momentum back to Obama. Then there is the case of Troopergate. I know some dont take that case seriously but I guess we will find out once the investigation wraps up and the report is released. The lead investigator said there are some damaging things found on Palin. Whether or not thats just talk, I dont know. But serious wrong doing found on Palin's part would stop McCain's momentum dead in its tracks and Palin would fall as quick as she rose.
NM isn't in the bag for Obama any more. I am not saying it's in the bag for McCain either, but I've never seen momentum turn so quickly here.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:21 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
here are the latest polls on the electoral map. New Mexico appears to still be in the democratic column. If the election were held today, Obama would be president. McCain has already had his largest bounce. Thing will start to flaten out until the debates.

Election Projection: 2008 Elections - Polls, Projections, Results (http://www.electionprojection.com/president08.shtml - broken link)

Old 09-10-2008, 08:27 PM

6 posts, read 9,236 times
My god there are so many polls out there!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:56 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
The debates may not help Obama. After not being well impressed with seeing Obama's performance with O'Reilly, Morris has changed his mind and now thinks McCain will win the debates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections