Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 PM

478 posts, read 961,039 times

Advertisements

"So what is Sarah Palin's true purpose? Whether she knows it or not, she is a stalking horse.

"Stalking horse" comes from hunting. To avoid scaring the prey, say a group of wild ducks, the hunter lets his horse wander towards the ducks since the ducks are not startled by seeing a horse. The hunter stays carefully behind the horse until he is close enough to shoot the ducks.

McCain and his coterie of neocon, war-mongering imperialists are the hunters. Sarah Palin is the stalking horse. And you and me, we're the ducks.

Many people who were not finding much to like in John McCain will be won over simply because they find what Sarah Palin stands for much more compelling. But I'm not buying, and you shouldn't either."

Sarah Palin as Stalking Horse by Stephen W. Carson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 10:20 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,222,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkshires413 View Post
"So what is Sarah Palin's true purpose? Whether she knows it or not, she is a stalking horse.

"Stalking horse" comes from hunting. To avoid scaring the prey, say a group of wild ducks, the hunter lets his horse wander towards the ducks since the ducks are not startled by seeing a horse. The hunter stays carefully behind the horse until he is close enough to shoot the ducks.

McCain and his coterie of neocon, war-mongering imperialists are the hunters. Sarah Palin is the stalking horse. And you and me, we're the ducks.

Many people who were not finding much to like in John McCain will be won over simply because they find what Sarah Palin stands for much more compelling. But I'm not buying, and you shouldn't either."

Obama only WISHES he had hired Hillary!!
OOPS!!
goes to bad judgement
what do you think politics is about??
Wait until you see her polls, you will need to sit down

Old 09-03-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama only WISHES he had hired Hillary!!
OOPS!!
goes to bad judgement
what do you think politics is about??
Wait until you see her polls, you will need to sit down
I'm well aware of what politics are all about --- it's just that I trust the Republicans a lot less than I do the Dems at this point. This late pick of a light-weight is a cosmetic shady maneuver from a party who has driven this country into the ground.

I do not think Obama is really any better. Just seems like the lesser of two undesirables.

Sad time for this country, considering the mess we are in.

This election is a farce.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:53 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,955,956 times
Quote:

I'm sure she'll be really interested in your analysis "whether she knows it or not".

But wait....I take that back. She said she's going to Washington to serve the American people not to satisfy the opinions of the media (or you).

Actually, you guys aren't the ducks, you're the Jackasses. Keep believing the myth of the Messiah.

Just like Bill Clinton said..."a fairy tale".

Old 09-03-2008, 10:54 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,955,956 times
Quote:
I'm well aware of what politics are all about --- it's just that I trust the Republicans a lot less than I do the Dems at this point. This late pick of a light-weight is a cosmetic shady maneuver from a party who has driven this country into the ground.

I do not think Obama is really any better. Just seems like the lesser of two undesirables.

Sad time for this country, considering the mess we are in.

Blame your fellow citizens for their apathy and not voting. Last week we had a 17% turnout.

Now for November....no...it'll be a full house. McCain/Palin.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:56 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,637,141 times
It was said on MSNBC that "the conservatives have their Obama."

Big on talk, avoiding the issues, keeping it safe and simple. Indeed they have their Obama.

To me, this is like a Bears/Vikings game, and I'm a Packer fan. Neither side really deserves the White House.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:57 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,594,227 times
Quote:

I smell your fear and it's sweet!

Old 09-03-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
I'm sure she'll be really interested in your analysis "whether she knows it or not".

But wait....I take that back. She said she's going to Washington to serve the American people not to satisfy the opinions of the media (or you).

Actually, you guys aren't the ducks, you're the Jackasses. Keep believing the myth of the Messiah.

Just like Bill Clinton said..."a fairy tale".
Obama is not my "Messiah". I never said I was voting for him.

But you keep believing the lip service of the new age Republican party. They are easier to read than a cheap surprise.

And did you just call me a Jackass?

My feelings are hurt.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:09 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,637,141 times
Quote:
Obama is not my "Messiah". I never said I was voting for him.

But you keep believing the lip service of the new age Republican party. They are easier to read than a cheap surprise.

And did you just call me a Jackass?

My feelings are hurt.
If you aren't X, then you are Y. That's the way these bleating sheep think. The switch only goes on or off. Don't let them hurt your feelings. They're the jackasses.

Go ahead people, flame away. Ain't gonna hurt my feelings.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
I smell your fear and it's sweet!

Damn right I'm fearful. As all Americans should be.

The true "Stalking Horses" are in actuality Obama and Palin.

Most Americans are being spoon fed the illusion of change... and what a perfect way to do it with a black guy and a woman running on tickets against each other.

Go back to sleep, everything is under control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections