Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After hearing Sarah Palin Speak During The Republican Convention, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF HER?
I'm Impressed. 127 46.86%
She Should Have Ran For President. 23 8.49%
I would NOT listen to her lies... 61 22.51%
She Bored Me To Death 41 15.13%
She Stinks As A Speaker. 22 8.12%
In 2012, Hillary Clinton Don't Have A Chance Against Sarah Palin 28 10.33%
I still have to listen to her. 6 2.21%
Not Sure. 17 6.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:36 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,472,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Did you see McCain's mom out there? She's 90 something. You think he's gonna die in the next 8 years? Huh-uh. That ain't even gonna happen. This dude is tougher than Ronald Reagan!
My grandmother lived to be in her late 80's, yet my father died at 62- so what's the point of your statement regarding McCain's mother?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 11:41 AM

18,110 posts, read 27,599,697 times
Quote:
I DVR'd it last night. It is SUCH a beauty. She totally caught me by surprise. She single-handedly restored my faith in the world right now.

The Dems actually had me almost convinced of a few things prior to her speech;

God does not exist.

There's no hope.

You can't do it.

We can help you.

McCain IS George W. Bush.

There are no Islamic Terrorists, we're the terrorists.

Let's read the terrorists their rights before we prosecute or defend ourselves.

Any of my 302 advisors will give me the answers I need.

I can shoot a basketball and make it.

As far as supporting our soldiers who are fighting and willing to die for your freedom, it's just a dog and pony show.

We need change. Sheryl Crow will tell you how many sheets of toilet paper you need.

Then this lady comes up and says, "One candidate is using Change as an opportunity for his career. The other candidate is using his Career as an opportunity for Change."... or something to that effect.

McGowMoose says, "Life is like a diaper. Let someone else change it."

Flashforward to Redsoxfangoingwest: Blue.
His genetics are good. His mom looks as solid as a rock for her age. I was impressed. He is the ONLY leader on the ticket there and HE HAS ALREADY fought for and defended your freedoms. He is a modern day hero AND HE AIN'T DONE YET!

That's my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
If anyone finds the video of her speech, please post it.
There's a thread on that here.

I'm seeing a lot of these responses:

Quote:
I only saw a few minutes of it but it was hard to hear her since her voice was muffled from her head being up Mccain's a**.
I'm seeing MANY democrats running scared now with a lot of hatred! I was accused on another thread of "painting" all the Democrats as atheists and Republicans as "God Worshippers".

Well, just step back and look at the facts. Look at what you dems are going to. You're so worried that the Right will cram religion down your throats. You want to defend your right to separation of church and state. You want to defend your right to be atheists, many of you. Well that's fine.

We already HAVE separation of Church and State! The Church shouldn't be able to take money from the State and be told what to do. The State shouldn't be able to take money from the Church and be told what to do.

But MONEY is powerful, isn't it. There IS corruption! Surprise surprise.

But America also means the Religious Citizens and Leaders of this Country Still have a right to worship their GOD any damn way they see fit!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-04-2008 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: God Bless America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 11:49 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,553,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I think she is the Pitbull that she discribed herself to be, and I think Pitbulls don't belong in our society. I felt that the entire rally was like a war rally, and it was scary. I fear that if they are electected they will go after all Muslims, like Hitler did the Jews. Everyone was there cheering for war.
Reminded me of the film Jesus Camp, which has the same aura that Sarah Palin's followers do.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:52 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,241,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
I liked her. I thought she was good. I could see a sense of humor and toughness and brains. Just can't vote for her because we don't share enough of the same views.
Same here.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:06 PM

500 posts, read 912,544 times
She's a smug little ****. You can tell she has always been the prettiest girl in her town and has always been treated as such. Joe Biden wont care much for her.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:12 PM

18,110 posts, read 27,599,697 times
It's not her fault that she's pretty. It is her fault that she's got more ballz than the men that face her. The only difference is that she wears hers on her chest.

Women rock!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:14 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,464,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
She is an Angry old lady who just wants to attack.
44 years old is old? Angry? I think you're referring not to this lady

but to this....something or another from California:

Old 09-04-2008, 12:19 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,464,872 times
Quote:
It's not her fault that she's pretty. It is her fault that she's got more ballz than the men that face her. The only difference is that she wears hers on her chest.

Women rock!
Amen to that! Even Barbara Boxer could rock as well if she would just soften her heart toward pregnant women and their unborn...like Palin has.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:34 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,225,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I thought she was able to give a speech written for her and that is a good skill. I do not think she really told us who she was, but rather only told us the parts of herself McCain wants us to know about. Since a community organizer in south side chicago works to restore neighborhoods, get people jobs, to uplift educational opportunities, works to move kids from gangs to graduation, etc I think making fun shows that she is out of touch with urban problems.

She was not making fun of that, she was making fun of Obama trying to con folks he did anything worth while to run for president. He did not!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:40 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,342,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Palin makes her case
Palin casts herself as Washington outsider - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Sarah Palin embraces her small town roots, taking on Barack Obama and the "Washington elite."
Here's Gov. Sarah Palin's whole speech.
YouTube - Vice Presidential Candidate Gov. Sarah Palin (AK) at the RNC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections