Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:47 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,747 times

Advertisements

I just find it funny that if the shoe was on the other foot and it was lets say Chelsea Clinton when the Clintons were running the story would be the same. I agree that this 17 year old should be left alone. But she was put there by her Mother. Politicians, Celebs are fair game and we all know it. Everything comes out and is viewed by the public. This case is a little different. Palin is running for VP she is in the public eye of the world. True McCain shown that he can't find his way out of a paper bag. For me and other post I have read is that it isn't about this girl but that her Mother knowing that this would come out put her there. I get it would be a very hard thing to turn down the chance to run for VP. Parents everyday make the same choices and their carrers are just as important. Stay home with a child or elederly parent. Move or not. Sometimes things come at the wrong time and as a parent you put your own self intertest aside for your kids. I just find it funny that rebublican party who stand for family morals are now acting like this shouldn't be talked about. When they have attacked gays and other social ssituations for years. If this was Clintons daughter it would be the same thing and you know it.I agree with Obama lay off the daughter but with that said this will be talked about because her MOm put her there and to me that tells me about her comittment. Before you tell me that a women can run and how many women have teens who are having babies and they take promotions and all that. She is running for the Vice President when have you ever know a race to not get ugly. Why would she do that. Question if this was your child and you knew that this would come out and be all over the news because right or wrong it will . Would you still take the nomination. I also think because the rebublicans party can be so full of themself and have no problem judging everyone and now a social issue is on their doorstep with their VP candidate family and now it shouldn't be talked about. Can't work both ways
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2008, 12:58 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,830,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I just find it funny that if the shoe was on the other foot and it was lets say Chelsea Clinton when the Clintons were running the story would be the same. I agree that this 17 year old should be left alone. But she was put there by her Mother. Politicians, Celebs are fair game and we all know it. Everything comes out and is viewed by the public. This case is a little different. Palin is running for VP she is in the public eye of the world. True McCain shown that he can't find his way out of a paper bag. For me and other post I have read is that it isn't about this girl but that her Mother knowing that this would come out put her there. I get it would be a very hard thing to turn down the chance to run for VP. Parents everyday make the same choices and their carrers are just as important. Stay home with a child or elederly parent. Move or not. Sometimes things come at the wrong time and as a parent you put your own self intertest aside for your kids. I just find it funny that rebublican party who stand for family morals are now acting like this shouldn't be talked about. When they have attacked gays and other social ssituations for years. If this was Clintons daughter it would be the same thing and you know it.I agree with Obama lay off the daughter but with that said this will be talked about because her MOm put her there and to me that tells me about her comittment. Before you tell me that a women can run and how many women have teens who are having babies and they take promotions and all that. She is running for the Vice President when have you ever know a race to not get ugly. Why would she do that. Question if this was your child and you knew that this would come out and be all over the news because right or wrong it will . Would you still take the nomination. I also think because the rebublicans party can be so full of themself and have no problem judging everyone and now a social issue is on their doorstep with their VP candidate family and now it shouldn't be talked about. Can't work both ways
I think you and your ilk should talk about Bristol each and every day. It's all you've got. Hide from the record and deflect. What a shameful way to present your platform.

I'm guessing Bristol is proud of her Mom and supports her 100%.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:01 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,977,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
I think you and your ilk should talk about Bristol each and every day
Acknowledged and I'll note this message for anyone who scrutinizes more fact finding.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:08 PM

I never said anything to bash the child who is having this child. I said that the Mother should have protected her child from being in the public eye. You went right pass the point and that is my point. I would not have put my child in that situation . And I think that now that the convention will start tonight there will be soo much more to talk about. And my other point which is very true is that it is a g that they are in St. Paul having their convention because so many in that party represent themselves as Saints are are ready to call social justice to everything and anyone. I;m sorry that she is pregany because we all know that at 17 you really beed more time to grow as a person. I don'y blame her Mother or Father except to have put her in the public eye when they could have not. Even if her daughter said do this MOm. Non is the parent that is all I'm saying and as a person running for office as Vice president I think that says something about her decision skills and top of her ticket McCain It isn't any more right to attack her or anyoner else. What was it Murphy Brown the show that was attacked because she was a single female and pregnant.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:19 PM

I'm sure if she wasn't nominated for VP no one in Alaska would have known the gov's daughter was preg.

Regardless, has anyone gotten the daughter's input? I guessing she's excited, thrilled that mom was picked and supporting her 100%. It's downright wacky how people make an issue of this in a discussion over the position of VP.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Acknowledged and I'll note this message for anyone who scrutinizes more fact finding.
Roger. Keep it for when the party of change and hope and new ideas bring up how the younger ones dislike veggies.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:25 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,645,386 times
Oh no! A mother can't possibly run for higher office!! What about the children
Give me a break. Being a parent should not restrict anybodies ability to try for and do any damn job they want to. If palin isn't experienced enough -- debate that. If palin has abused her powers of governor -- debate that. But for craps sake stop this nonsense that mothers cannot be vpotus or potus.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:50 PM

Give me a break. A Mother no matter how seccessful you are in whatever you do you protect your children. You let your goals sometimes go to the wayside. I as a Mother would never put my child in the public eye at 17 if she was pregnant. I would not want my child to be talkeed about anywhere. I wouldn't want her picture put anywhere. Palin made this choice that is all I'm saying knowing that her 17 teenage daughter would be dragged through the mud. I know you all know what saying if you are a Mother. You just don't want to admit it and it may show her skills to make decisions. Along with John McCains ability to make a decision. I 'm not talking about it it is all over and it isn;t people saying that Oh my God what a ***** teen. It is about why her Mother would put her child in this light.

Old 09-02-2008, 01:57 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,645,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Give me a break. A Mother no matter how seccessful you are in whatever you do you protect your children. You let your goals sometimes go to the wayside. I as a Mother would never put my child in the public eye at 17 if she was pregnant. I would not want my child to be talkeed about anywhere. I wouldn't want her picture put anywhere. Palin made this choice that is all I'm saying knowing that her 17 teenage daughter would be dragged through the mud. I know you all know what saying if you are a Mother. You just don't want to admit it and it may show her skills to make decisions. Along with John McCains ability to make a decision. I 'm not talking about it it is all over and it isn;t people saying that Oh my God what a ***** teen. It is about why her Mother would put her child in this light.
Why is obama putting his daughters in the limelight? Why is biden? Why did edwards, romney, mccain, huckabee, gore and kerry? Oh wait....they are men so its OK? Are women supposed to not vie for public office because maybe their kids might get pregnant during their term, or fail a grade, or get a dui, or or or or??? Women are supposed to put their lives on hold till their children are what age? 15? 20?40?
The womens movement was not about abortion alone (a fact that seems to escape many liberals). It was about choice. the choice to stay at home and the choice to work. It was about the ability to be taken seriously for whatever job or career that a woman wanted to take on.

Old 09-02-2008, 02:06 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,910,644 times
You must be too young to remember or too old to remember. (OP)

Chelsea very much was disrespected. Some MSNBC guy got suspended for two weeks for saying something about Hillary tempting her with sex or some crap..They also made wise cracks that she wasn't pretty. Clinton's had th power to scare them but Palin is powerless right now.

Carter's daughter Amy was torn to shreads by the media for her appearance.

But NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS was someone or their kid treated this way. Keep dreaming. It's all about OBAMA MUST WIN in the media. And the giant war chest of money and dirty politicians behind him.

YOu obviously don't remember the KENNEDY FAMILY. KINDA SCANDAL RIDDEN with the kids as well...and protected all the way.

Go look up Mary Jo Kopechne. Now your party is celebrating the killer and attacking the lady who decided not to abort her kid and her daughter's equal CHOICE.

Remember your party is all about CHOICE? Kopechne had no choice and Kennedy did.

PATHETIC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections