Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 04:26 PM

6,760 posts, read 11,678,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I just find it funny that if the shoe was on the other foot and it was lets say Chelsea Clinton when the Clintons were running the story would be the same. I agree that this 17 year old should be left alone. But she was put there by her Mother. Politicians, Celebs are fair game and we all know it. Everything comes out and is viewed by the public. This case is a little different. Palin is running for VP she is in the public eye of the world. True McCain shown that he can't find his way out of a paper bag. For me and other post I have read is that it isn't about this girl but that her Mother knowing that this would come out put her there. I get it would be a very hard thing to turn down the chance to run for VP. Parents everyday make the same choices and their carrers are just as important. Stay home with a child or elederly parent. Move or not. Sometimes things come at the wrong time and as a parent you put your own self intertest aside for your kids. I just find it funny that rebublican party who stand for family morals are now acting like this shouldn't be talked about. When they have attacked gays and other social ssituations for years. If this was Clintons daughter it would be the same thing and you know it.I agree with Obama lay off the daughter but with that said this will be talked about because her MOm put her there and to me that tells me about her comittment. Before you tell me that a women can run and how many women have teens who are having babies and they take promotions and all that. She is running for the Vice President when have you ever know a race to not get ugly. Why would she do that. Question if this was your child and you knew that this would come out and be all over the news because right or wrong it will . Would you still take the nomination. I also think because the rebublicans party can be so full of themself and have no problem judging everyone and now a social issue is on their doorstep with their VP candidate family and now it shouldn't be talked about. Can't work both ways
So just because some other morons would do such must make it okay for you to wallow in the sh*t. Nice standards.

I for one thought McCain's "joke" about Chelsea in 98 was ridiculous, uncalled for, and sad. At least he stopped with one crude joke. The Obamaniacs are getting a case of Palin derangement syndrome that actually seems worse than their Bush derangement syndrome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections