Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 06:45 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,906,112 times

Advertisements

And to borrow a favorite Obama talking point ... Palin's sister isn't running for office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 06:51 AM

10,599 posts, read 18,020,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
It looks like Palin's sister is not the "hunter" that Palin herself claims to be. Apparently she won a "moose lottery" of some kind and was granted a license to kill a moose. The license is non transferable and had an expiration date on it. On the last day, Palin's father told the sister not to waste the license and to go out and find a moose to shoot and the sister and her husband (the trooper) went out and found a moose to shoot but the sister stated that she did not want to kill the moose so the husband took the gun and killed the moose which is a technical violation of the law that he promised to uphold. Later, Sara Palin demand that he be fired but the union said that he had already been disciplined for it.
Is Wooten a good trooper? (7/27/08): Politics | adn.com
How sad that you would minimize violence against women clearly discussed in your link. Apparently it's totally irrelevant to you that the wife was granted an order of protection from the abusive trooper and even his superiors demanded he turn in his weapon and patrol car after every shift.

What we are seeing more and more here, are the true mindsets of people who think it's perfectly normal to dismiss women by mocking their lives, making crass jokes and now...cleverly (in your mind) trying to highlight another law being broken as funny whle pretending the real issue doesn't exist. As if you think he was cited ONLY for the Moose violation. Is it so worth it to you to have a snappy thread title that you'd stoop to this low?

I don't think the Moose thought it was funny and I don't think your mother would think domestic violence is funny either.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:11 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,885,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
How sad that you would minimize violence against women clearly discussed in your link. Apparently it's totally irrelevant to you that the wife was granted an order of protection from the abusive trooper and even his superiors demanded he turn in his weapon and patrol car after every shift.

What we are seeing more and more here, are the true mindsets of people who think it's perfectly normal to dismiss women by mocking their lives, making crass jokes and now...cleverly (in your mind) trying to highlight another law being broken as funny whle pretending the real issue doesn't exist. As if you think he was cited ONLY for the Moose violation. Is it so worth it to you to have a snappy thread title that you'd stoop to this low?

I don't think the Moose thought it was funny and I don't think your mother would think domestic violence is funny either.

What are you talking about? I did not say anything about it because there is probably nothing to it. They are involved in a nasty divorce. In nasty divorces, people make accusations. It is common practice for one or both sides to run to a judge and get a protection order because it makes their side stronger.
My post did not say anything about women. Where did you get that from??

Old 08-30-2008, 09:38 AM

10,599 posts, read 18,020,246 times
Quote:
What are you talking about? I did not say anything about it because there is probably nothing to it. They are involved in a nasty divorce. In nasty divorces, people make accusations. It is common practice for one or both sides to run to a judge and get a protection order because it makes their side stronger.
My post did not say anything about women. Where did you get that from??
I got it from your only focusing on and joking about an illegal Moose killing (as if it's nothing and again showing your lack of compassion even for animals)....and totally ignoring the CONTEXT of the link about the danger of the trooper.

And once more, being the woman hater that you are, you diminish the validity of protection orders by saying it's common practice to run to a judge for a order of protection to make a side stronger.

No doubt in my mind now that we never know the backgrounds of people posting their hatred on message boards and they are not to be taken seriously because they usually won't bother to vote or are felons who cannot vote.

What is your problem about women and posting anti women material time after time? Does a woman have an order of protection against you?

Old 08-30-2008, 09:47 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,501,190 times
Quote:
It looks like Palin's sister is not the "hunter" that Palin herself claims to be. Apparently she won a "moose lottery" of some kind and was granted a license to kill a moose. The license is non transferable and had an expiration date on it. On the last day, Palin's father told the sister not to waste the license and to go out and find a moose to shoot and the sister and her husband (the trooper) went out and found a moose to shoot but the sister stated that she did not want to kill the moose so the husband took the gun and killed the moose which is a technical violation of the law that he promised to uphold. Later, Sara Palin demand that he be fired but the union said that he had already been disciplined for it.
Is Wooten a good trooper? (7/27/08): Politics | adn.com

Oh. By the title, I thought you were parodying some of the ridiculous things the Dems have said in the past 24 hours. Sadly, I see you are serious. Yikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections