Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:47 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,039,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Thanks, I was getting ready to post that.

Waiting on an apology from BK0.

This is outrageous, someone needs to put this loon in a room with pads.

So what are you libs going to do to him?

So now it is ok to say it? Will this reveal your double standards once and for all?

The looney lib party, the gift that keeps on giving.
i think that every rational person would know that carter is referring to obama in the past tense, when he actually was a BOY. you conservative repugs are always the ones who scream about the "political correctness" and how it keeps you from stating the obvious. kinda 2 faced of you, isn't it?

Old 08-26-2008, 02:48 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,188,105 times
Quote:
Did you see the link above. Or you to confused to look upward.

And do you dare threaten me.

Apology please.

Listen to the tape and we can get some men in white coats to come and take you to the hospital.

You are showing yourself BK0!
i apologized three posts up!

now i take it back!

3,352 posts, read 6,674,705 times
Quote:
Even Carter beats Bush by a long shot.
In many respects, that's absolutely true. Of course, that's not saying much.

Quote:
And no, he would never say anything like this.
"Do you have blacks, too?"

Quote:
The dem party and its leaders are falling apart at the seems.
Seams.

Quote:
Do you really want these people protecting you? Hell no we don't.
I usually vote third party, so I just sit back and laugh, mostly. I've certainly had enough of the GOP's version of "protecting me," I know that.

35,016 posts, read 39,232,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
OK, time for context. I just watched the clip. Carter is saying that it was amazing that this person who had so little as a black boy (as in a child) grew up to become a presidential nominee. I'm not making apologies for Carter, and he could have said what he did more gracefully, but nobody deserves to be smeared as a racist when it's not called for.

What a surprise ... the resident GOP shill twisted this whole thing out of context.
I'd love to know if the OP knew better, and if any of those who agreed knew better.

Either way, pretty sick.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:52 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,188,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
OK, time for context. I just watched the clip. Carter is saying that it was amazing that this person who had so little as a black boy (as in a child) grew up to become a presidential nominee. I'm not making apologies for Carter, and he could have said what he did more gracefully, but nobody deserves to be smeared as a racist when it's not called for.

What a surprise ... the resident GOP shill twisted this whole thing out of context.
I just viewed it again and totally agree.

Another "twist" posted by Sunshine Chick!

Old 08-26-2008, 02:56 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,651,436 times
Sunshine Chick-

Your posts are consistently hostile and inflammatory. Your bitter edge often overshadows any points you are trying to make.

Take this thread, for example. You start by taking a quote completely out of context and then try and start something by insulting the entire Democratic party.

What are you trying to accomplish? Obviously it's not going to foster a reasonable exchange of ideas. You just come off like an angry person who needs to vent. No one will be swayed to your point of view this way.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:06 PM

26,665 posts, read 28,809,328 times
Sunshine -- you just heard that TODAY? Why don't you try watching the actual convention yourself and then you might understand the context in which this was said.

Little black boy, little black girl -- what's he supposed to say? A boy is a male child. A girl is a female child. You -- or maybe some twisted radio program you were listening to, took plain English and turned it around to look bad. I think you'd do better if you actually watched the convention first hand and got your information from the original source than to get all huffy over something you heard on the radio the next day.

I am sincere about this. Don't believe twisted reports you may hear second hand, try to get your information first hand.

Old 08-26-2008, 03:16 PM

472 posts, read 873,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Sunshine -- you just heard that TODAY?

I am sincere about this. Don't believe twisted reports you may hear second hand, try to get your information first hand.

I've heard reports AM talk radio causing hearing perception problems... just sayin

Old 08-26-2008, 03:20 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,622,497 times
So you think I took it out of context, wow, now your trying to tell me how to think.

If G Bush would have said that in ANY WAY shape or form it would be lights out.

Bill Frist said less then that, George Allen even less then that and there careers were ruined.

Double standard by the dem party again, it is ok for a dem to say it but by golly no rep better had said it.

No matter how you see it, it was wrong.

If anyone else would have said the exact same words they would be a goner and you know it.

And you are allowed to have your own opinion too!

Old 08-26-2008, 03:23 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,457,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I'd love to know if the OP knew better
She listens to "airhead radio" remember...birds of a feather!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections