Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:39 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,176,379 times

Advertisements

Don't you get what he's saying? He's saying it's rather significant that Obama is even able to get this far.

JIM LEHRER: And do you think that -- if it happens that he is elected, or even just being nominated, is -- will send positive ripple effects throughout the country on the race issue?

JIMMY CARTER: Around the world. Around the world. And I think it already has sent a wave of approbation and admiration in many countries around the world, just knowing that this black boy who grew up with just a loving mother and grandparents -- and that was about all he had to start with -- does now have a chance to become the nominee of the Democratic Party for president.

Way to try to twist the facts, OP. Or is it inherent among the right?

Old 08-26-2008, 02:39 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,769,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Slander. Yea right.

The secret service should stop the moron from speaking.

I heard him say it, now what do we do now? And I am sure a secret service agent heard him as well.

Sorry, nice try.
"We" don't do nuthin. Let him dig his own grave. Heck, I'll supply the shovel. And I don't think the SS is covering for him anymore, that privilege runs out after a while. Rosalyn (sp?) is on the hook, now.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:40 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,616,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmommy View Post

Thanks, I was getting ready to post that.

Waiting on an apology from BK0.

This is outrageous, someone needs to put this loon in a room with pads.

So what are you libs going to do to him?

So now it is ok to say it? Will this reveal your double standards once and for all?

The looney lib party, the gift that keeps on giving.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:42 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,184,001 times
Quote:
Slander. Yea right.

The secret service should stop the moron from speaking.

I heard him say it, now what do we do now? And I am sure a secret service agent heard him as well.

Sorry, nice try.
so what was the station and show. i'll get the transript and post it.

if you are lying don't be surprised if the men in black show up at your door.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinationSeattle View Post
Dubya said no such thing.
Even Carter beats Bush by a long shot.

And no, he would never say anything like this.

The dem party and its leaders are falling apart at the seems.

Do you really want these people protecting you? Hell no we don't.

1,836 posts, read 3,184,001 times
Quote:
Thanks, I was getting ready to post that.

Waiting on an apology from BK0.

This is outrageous, someone needs to put this loon in a room with pads.

So what are you libs going to do to him?

So now it is ok to say it? Will this reveal your double standards once and for all?

The looney lib party, the gift that keeps on giving.
lmao! ok, i'm sorry. you're safe from the SS.

that was hilarious though.

472 posts, read 872,702 times
Quote:
Wow, the #3 {EDIT} insane worst President of modern time has just called Barack Obama a "black boy".

True... Carter was pretty awful president.... yet he still left office with a 34% approval rating. Nixon left office with a 24% rating.

And where is George Bush? http://http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval.htm (broken link)

Hmmm... currently 25-33% this month. How much lower could it go before November?

So that would make

Carter #3
Followed by #2 Bush...
And #1 going to Richard M. Nixon for insane worst President of modern time based on job approval rating upon leaving office.

I'm just here to clarify.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:45 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,665,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandmommy View Post
http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?RsrcID=34615

President Carter looks like a muppet.
OK, time for context. I just watched the clip. Carter is saying that it was amazing that this person who had so little as a black boy (as in a child) grew up to become a presidential nominee. I'm not making apologies for Carter, and he could have said what he did more gracefully, but nobody deserves to be smeared as a racist when it's not called for.

What a surprise ... the resident GOP shill twisted this whole thing out of context.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:46 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,769,051 times
Mista Jimmah isn't insane; in fact, he's rather cogent. For some reason he thinks he's another messiah to the world, especially the downtrodden po bahstads in Palestine, or Lebanon, or anywhere else in the world where the US or US-influenced gubmints are in conflict. His son really needs to reel him him, as Rosalyn (sp?) is about the same age, now. Don't forget that rabbit that was stalking him.

Old 08-26-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
so what was the station and show. i'll get the transript and post it.

if you are lying don't be surprised if the men in black show up at your door.
Did you see the link above. Or you to confused to look upward.

And do you dare threaten me.

Apology please.

Listen to the tape and we can get some men in white coats to come and take you to the hospital.

You are showing yourself BK0!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections