Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 09:24 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,932,712 times

Advertisements

Obama and McCain Tax Proposals - washingtonpost.com

I can see why people making over 600k are so upset at Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 09:40 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,495,161 times
I'm not upset.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Old 08-21-2008, 09:43 AM

1,459 posts, read 3,301,498 times
anyone who believes that a Democrat tax increase will not extend to the middle class is an idiot

Old 08-21-2008, 09:43 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,868,730 times
so obama wants to give huge tax breaks to those who already are not paying their "fair share."

Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,121,228 times
Obama complains about all the money we spend in Iraq, and then proposes $1trillion in additional gov't spending?

No thanks.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:53 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,932,712 times
Looking at the numbers, this seems like a stimulus check but only to those making less than quarter mil.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:55 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,251,763 times
Many of Obama's proposals aren't actually tax cuts, due to the money being provided to those not currently paying taxes at all.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:07 PM

835 posts, read 1,323,850 times
What is important to look at is how each of them will treat Capital gains and SBO. Any senior who draws off a pension or 401k plan will have their taxes doubled by Obama. College student who have a 529 plan or education 401k will as well pay twice as much in taxes. The current capital gains tax is 15% Obama plans to raise it back to 28% where it was prior to the Clinton/Bush tax cuts on capital gains. Seniors and college students would be middle to low income earners.
Obama also plans to raise taxes on SBO's. Non-S-corps. pay about 38% in taxes. Once you add in the Social Security and medicaid changes under Obama's plan your tax rate as a SBO will increase to over 50%. S-corps. will become screwed as they will be hit with over 60% taxes under Obama's plan. SBO's are in the buisness to make a profit and if they are paying over 50% in taxes they will either shelter the company overseas, lay off middle American's or go out of buisness. Reagan, Clinton, and both of the Bush's understood that SBO's carry this country thru hard or slowing economic times the reason for lowering taxes on capital gains (the US pays more in capital gains than any other country). Obama has no understanding of buisness or economics as he wants to hit SBO's hard and fast which will cause a 1930's Great Depression. I am a SBO and I will not work 14 hour days to run my company and provide for my family for less than half. If Obama is elected I will close shop after 6 years and 30 middle class American's will lose their jobs. Vote for McCain if you don't want this to happen all around the US. SBO's account for more than 75% of the new jobs on the market, if we go where will the jobs come from? SBO's have kept the economy in the black with their ability to spend and create jobs and wealth, without us America is doomed.
Small Business Owner | The Princeton Review (http://princeton.localplacement.com/Careers.aspx?cid=208 - broken link)
An argument against Obama's tax plan - Grover G. Norquist - Politico.com

Old 08-21-2008, 01:14 PM

479 posts, read 880,278 times
But McCain wants to make everybody rich!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Obama and McCain Tax Proposals - washingtonpost.com

I can see why people making over 600k are so upset at Obama.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:18 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,653,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
What is important to look at is how each of them will treat Capital gains and SBO. Any senior who draws off a pension or 401k plan will have their taxes doubled by Obama. College student who have a 529 plan or education 401k will as well pay twice as much in taxes. The current capital gains tax is 15% Obama plans to raise it back to 28% where it was prior to the Clinton/Bush tax cuts on capital gains. Seniors and college students would be middle to low income earners.
Obama also plans to raise taxes on SBO's. Non-S-corps. pay about 38% in taxes. Once you add in the Social Security and medicaid changes under Obama's plan your tax rate as a SBO will increase to over 50%. S-corps. will become screwed as they will be hit with over 60% taxes under Obama's plan. SBO's are in the buisness to make a profit and if they are paying over 50% in taxes they will either shelter the company overseas, lay off middle American's or go out of buisness. Reagan, Clinton, and both of the Bush's understood that SBO's carry this country thru hard or slowing economic times the reason for lowering taxes on capital gains (the US pays more in capital gains than any other country). Obama has no understanding of buisness or economics as he wants to hit SBO's hard and fast which will cause a 1930's Great Depression. I am a SBO and I will not work 14 hour days to run my company and provide for my family for less than half. If Obama is elected I will close shop after 6 years and 30 middle class American's will lose their jobs. Vote for McCain if you don't want this to happen all around the US. SBO's account for more than 75% of the new jobs on the market, if we go where will the jobs come from? SBO's have kept the economy in the black with their ability to spend and create jobs and wealth, without us America is doomed.
Small Business Owner | The Princeton Review (http://princeton.localplacement.com/Careers.aspx?cid=208 - broken link)
An argument against Obama's tax plan - Grover G. Norquist - Politico.com
Wow! An actual informative post without slander,slurs and sarcasm
On a serious note, I do know that my parents are very worried about their income once Obama gets elected. And no, they make far far less then 600k a year, but they are seniors on a fixed (and apparently very taxable) income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections