Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:58 PM

104 posts, read 180,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
So you're saying "this is what Madison thought" even without an ounce of proof? Shucks, they thought blacks were 3/5th human, have we evolved or were they just plain wrong?
Your comment makes absolutely no sense, and as such I have no reply other than this: Did you understand anything I wrote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 06:02 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,067,338 times
Now let me get this right. The President of the United States should not only be versed in the Constitution, economics, geo-politics, military defense, and the general overall running of the government, but must also be a embryologist as well?

Oh right, I forgot this is from those folks who think that the US Congress is capable of diagnosing when someone is or isn't in a vegetative state (see Terry Schiavo).

Remind me again, Republicans want a smaller and less intrusive government?

McCain, the Leader America Deserves.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:05 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,257,042 times
You can only extend rights to citizens of the US, isn't this correct? An unborn fetus (un-named, no social security number and so forth) isn't yet a US citizen. I hope you do not see this as callous. It sounds that way to even me, but it is not how I intended it. I have five children of my own...it doesn't matter at what point they became "people", it would be different for everyone according to her/his belief system...but Barack Obama is running to be a president, not a religious leader. The government deals with laws which concern the citizens of their country.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,043,474 times
Quote:
So it's in his paygrade to favor flushing a human embryo down the toilet?
It's certainly not above his pay grade to deny basic medical care to "born alive" babies. He can answer that question, can't he?

Old 08-21-2008, 03:01 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,622,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It's certainly not above his pay grade to deny basic medical care to "born alive" babies. He can answer that question, can't he?
Sure he can, the baby killer is only interested in live people who can help him destroy America.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:01 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,836,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
. . . . It is not too late to dump dumbo, maybe he could get a job running his own wind power company.... he surely has a lot of wind behind his back.
I think when this is over he has a bright future as a cult leader. . . a Sun Myung Moon of the 2000's.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:03 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,676,335 times
I agree, that was a HUGE blunder on his part. At least take a stab at it, for crying out loud. Even "I don't know" would have sounded better, and more honest and humble, than "above my pay grade." That just made it sound like he couldn't be bothered to care.

Granted, Johnny Mac's answer was completely scripted and pandered to the evangelical crowd, but at least he had an answer.

We really couldn't do better than these two guys as our choices for president?

Last edited by Adrian71; 08-21-2008 at 07:12 AM..

Old 08-21-2008, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
You can only extend rights to citizens of the US, isn't this correct? An unborn fetus (un-named, no social security number and so forth) isn't yet a US citizen. I hope you do not see this as callous. It sounds that way to even me, but it is not how I intended it. I have five children of my own...it doesn't matter at what point they became "people", it would be different for everyone according to her/his belief system...but Barack Obama is running to be a president, not a religious leader. The government deals with laws which concern the citizens of their country.
I'll have to go back and read our bill of rights. I missed the part about our forefather's requiring SS numbers.

Only a lib can define life as starting when the SS Administration gets around to issuing a SSN Perhaps that should have been Barry's answer. . . . This stuff would be hilarious if not so deadly.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh my Lord! The whole point is that Obama was saying what he believed, not what he thought people would want to hear!

Isnt it OBVIOUS that his pro-choice view would not be popular at Saddleback Megachurch?!

On the other hand! McCain's reply was total pandering, as evidenced by (1) the fact that he ALSO, to OTHER AUDIENCES, claims to support embryonic stem cell research, and
(2) his reply. "At the moment of conception. I have a 25-year pro life record in the Congress, in the Senate. As President of the United States, I will be a pro life president and the presidency will have pro life polices. That's my commitment, that's my commitment to you."

One pat, crowd-pleasing answer, three sentences about himself as Your Next President, My Friends.

Now which one of those is pandering?!
sigh. Do you really believe Obama thinks one should be able to kill a born, living child? Even I'm not that callous to the man. . . . He isn't going with his own beliefs but pandering to his warped, fringe electorate. He's not showing even traces of leadership.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:13 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,043,474 times

YouTube - Explosive Audio Found Obama arguing against BAIPA

Listen as obama argues what a burden it would be to provide a doctor for a dying baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections