Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2008, 04:57 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,940,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
1st off hes not threating 2 take military action against countries with hundreds of nukes. He also didnt invade the countries he lent assistance to the governments which asked for assistance.
It was why we were much loved by the end of his term and then much hated after we invaded iraq

2nd off he sent special forces to other countries huge difference then our occupation force.

Black hawk down all special forces.
Right now r military is very secretive we probley have special forces over 50 countries
same with Clinton

McCain however is stuck on vietnam and the coldwar. He must defeat communist he must win no matter the cost, which has been very heavy economically. He is willing 2 stay in Iraq for 100 years and well he hasnt learned that you cant win wars by force of arms anymore its now politics and foreign relationships which Obama has proven he has much of in Germany
You forgot bombing aspirin factories.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2008, 05:00 AM

Quote:
one never said he approved just didnt send them for a invasion force to take over a country and lied 2 america to do it.

He did it for good moral reasons i think he could sent an assination team to do not 10,000 rangers to take down one guy but ya. He didnt get 4000 american soldiers killed.

most of all HE DIDNT INVADE THOSE COUNTRY'S he took down war criminals and secured sections of citys he did a crappy job at it but at least he got out and didnt lie to the american people about it, or create a situation were now its not only the terriost that hates us but most of the world.

The harm he has caused was min 2 none but your statments he is that bill clinton is a man who in the 20th cen invaded other nations is wrong and not supported

and he got out because he serves the american people not his quest for military action he serves 2 strengthen america and he realized his mistake unlike bush and McCain who wants to 2 stay there for over 100 years if it takes
I never heard Bill admit to all of his mistakes. Please provide proof. I would love to see read that bit of information.

Bill was not a moral president anymore than any others. Please provide proof he was moral, Monica perhaps?

Old 08-16-2008, 05:03 AM

571 posts, read 854,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
I never heard Bill admit to all of his mistakes. Please provide proof. I would love to see read that bit of information.

Bill was not a moral president anymore than any others. Please provide proof he was moral, Monica perhaps?
Never said he was moral lol McCain isnt either after he admited he cheated on his wife, but Bill realized his mistakes and fixed them by pulling out thats the damn proof of him realizing his mistakes we rnt in Bozina anymore.

Old 08-16-2008, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Never said he was moral lol McCain isnt either after he admited he cheated on his wife, but Bill realized his mistakes and fixed them by pulling out thats the damn proof of him realizing his mistakes we rnt in Bozina anymore.
Never said McCain was moral, lol. Bill realized he screwed up or just that he was not capable of leading the military in a intelligent fashion. I don't think he pulled out because he was admitting a mistake. I think he was worried about how stupid he looked. I guess you can send the military into a country for moral reasons and then admit they were not for moral reasons and pull them out? Boy that is what I want for a president, that's for sure! Bill is to arrogant to admit to anything, I think the Democrat primary proved that.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:36 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,515,752 times
Quote:
1st off hes not threating 2 take military action against countries with hundreds of nukes. He also didnt invade the countries he lent assistance to the governments which asked for assistance.
It was why we were much loved by the end of his term and then much hated after we invaded iraq

2nd off he sent special forces to other countries huge difference then our occupation force.

Black hawk down all special forces.
Right now r military is very secretive we probley have special forces over 50 countries
same with Clinton

McCain however is stuck on vietnam and the coldwar. He must defeat communist he must win no matter the cost, which has been very heavy economically. He is willing 2 stay in Iraq for 100 years and well he hasnt learned that you cant win wars by force of arms anymore its now politics and foreign relationships which Obama has proven he has much of in Germany

You mean the failed attempts to do something about AQ?

100 years is a misunderstanding on your part. Yes he said 100 years but the point was no time line was needed. When Iraq ask us to leave... we leave. They are looking anywhere from 16-24 months.....doesn't really sound like a November 3rd 2009 to me...

Old 08-16-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
one never said he approved just didnt send them for a invasion force to take over a country and lied 2 america to do it.

He did it for good moral reasons i think he could sent an assination team to do not 10,000 rangers to take down one guy but ya. He didnt get 4000 american soldiers killed.

most of all HE DIDNT INVADE THOSE COUNTRY'S he took down war criminals and secured sections of citys he did a crappy job at it but at least he got out and didnt lie to the american people about it, or create a situation were now its not only the terriost that hates us but most of the world.

The harm he has caused was min 2 none but your statments he is that bill clinton is a man who in the 20th cen invaded other nations is wrong and not supported

and he got out because he serves the american people not his quest for military action he serves 2 strengthen america and he realized his mistake unlike bush and McCain who wants to 2 stay there for over 100 years if it takes
He failed....plain and simple....if he would have been successful 9/11 might not have happened. but it takes more than a few special ops and some missiles thrown into the desert to do it.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:31 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,295,511 times
I must say when Republicans start using Bill Clinton (their #1 enemy) as a source to support their candidate, it's quite amusing and a sign of true despair.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:33 PM

The point is that the DNC has been pushing these McCain is incompetent ads....Then one of their head speakers at the convention says he isn't.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:29 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,295,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The point is that the DNC has been pushing these McCain is incompetent ads....Then one of their head speakers at the convention says he isn't.
Nope, he basically said he's the better of what's out there in the Republican party. Most Republicans know in their heart McCain is a mediocre candidate. His flip flopping and tendency to go more liberal than his Republican comrades is why I'm really not that concerned if he wins. His antics will be more surprising to those that voted for him then those that didn't. If he wins and then turns around and raises taxes (and he will), provides amnesty to illegals, tax breaks for big business, etc. I wonder how his voters will spin it.

Old 08-16-2008, 02:52 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,013,879 times
In hindsight, McCain is the ONLY republican that could beat either Hill or Obama. He will get a good share of the indies and mod/conservative dems.

So yes, Bubba is right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections