Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 02:09 PM

2,284 posts, read 5,566,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
I am in lovely Broward county. Most people that I know were pro-Hilary but will semi reluctantly vote Obama now. There are others that I know who will not vote Obama because "The country is not ready for a black President". This exact sentence by more than a few people, mostly white men and a few Cubans.
Not to split hairs, but I think you're talking about white Cubans. Most Black/Brown Cubans aren't anti-Black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 02:11 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,986,836 times
Default what?!?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
White males. White, educated women. Many Hispanics. All conservatives. Anyone who resents the fact that the Obamas strive to be second rate Kennedy clones.
White, Educated women? I don't think so. One of his STRONG demographics is EDUCATED voters as a whole (including white women.)

Old 08-14-2008, 02:12 PM

15,402 posts, read 29,077,319 times
Quote:
I am in lovely Broward county.
Hi LLLL98--not to get off topic but I just wanted to say I hope you're ok. I heard there was just a nasty tornado in Hialeah/Miami Springs. BTW I went to high school in Miami Springs, and if people are still the way I remember them, then --yes-- a lot of the older (white) cubans want a president who's a holdover from the cold war.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:12 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,986,836 times
Default no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Why is a White male racist if they don't like Obama could it be they don't find him experienced, dont agree with his positions on certain things ?

A few here disdain Obama but they don't dislike the race no they dislike the individual man and his history of associates has nothing to do with race .
No, you weren't paying attention. There is a huge difference between saying "Obama will have trouble with racist, white male voters" and saying "All white male voters who vote for Obama ARE racist."

Old 08-14-2008, 02:14 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,960,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Not to split hairs, but I think you're talking about white Cubans. Most Black/Brown Cubans aren't anti-Black.
Very true, white Cubans. I actually don't know any black Cubans.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:16 PM

2,284 posts, read 5,566,650 times
Quote:
Very true, white Cubans. I actually don't know any black Cubans.
That's 'cuz the majority of them are back in Cuba. Only a few were fortunate enough to make it over.

Old 08-14-2008, 02:18 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,960,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Hi LLLL98--not to get off topic but I just wanted to say I hope you're ok. I heard there was just a nasty tornado in Hialeah/Miami Springs. BTW I went to high school in Miami Springs, and if people are still the way I remember them, then --yes-- a lot of the older (white) cubans want a president who's a holdover from the cold war.
Oh, yeah we are fine, thank you. The skies are black and the rain is coming down, but so far no tornadoes.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:47 PM

8,128 posts, read 10,758,506 times
Obama's weakest demographic is Joe and Mary six-pack. Ignorant, uninformed people who blindly vote for any Republican because they think Democrats are for "them gay people", etc. I'm here in the deep South, it's a little scary.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:53 PM
NCN

21,669 posts, read 25,770,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
White males, Older white females, older voters.
Veterans do not care a lot for him either.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:16 PM

20,414 posts, read 20,098,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Obama's weakest demographic is Joe and Mary six-pack. Ignorant, uninformed people who blindly vote for any Republican because they think Democrats are for "them gay people", etc. I'm here in the deep South, it's a little scary.
You should move to, say, Camden, NJ. There are NO Joe and Mary six-packs there.

Overwhelmingly Obama. A real progressive nirvahna although I'm not sure about the gay count. Check out City-data for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections