Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 10:49 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,981,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
What educated person(woman, or man) would vote for a candidate who stands for? If so, they are not so educated as they pretend. Uneducated white women, maybe--those who are easily taken in by promises of unlimited abortion, and free health care. What else does Obama stand for? I'm waiting to hear. I am not for him, or McCain. I would like to hear from a candidate who makes sense--rather than the insipid "change" theme. I want to know what this "change" thing means.
I'm not talking about opinions here, I'm talking about the facts. In polls and throughout the primaries, Obama has been popular amongst educated voters. Draw from that whatever conclusion you like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 10:57 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,867,949 times
lol, educated. you mean brainwashed by psychotic liberal professors who convince naive young minds that government is the answer to all the problems of the world? he can have those "educated" voters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
I'm not talking about opinions here, I'm talking about the facts. In polls and throughout the primaries, Obama has been popular amongst educated voters. Draw from that whatever conclusion you like.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:10 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,981,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
lol, educated. you mean brainwashed by psychotic liberal professors who convince naive young minds that government is the answer to all the problems of the world? he can have those "educated" voters.
You're right, high school dropouts and fast-food restaurant employees are a more much respectacle demographic.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:14 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,867,949 times
actually, high school dropouts are unlikely to vote, and fast food employees are more likely to vote for a democrat in hopes of raising the minimum wage. also, barack obama gets probably 98% of the black vote, and only 16% of blacks have a college education, so you could make the argument that his strongest support comes from the uneducated.

Quote:
You're right, high school dropouts and fast-food restaurant employees are a more much respectacle demographic.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:02 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,592,133 times
Quote:
And he gets 92% of the least educated and economically challenged in the country.
Draw from that whatever conclusion you like.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:35 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,208,866 times
The topic is...

what's obama's weakest demographic?

I have tried to give some latitude in this forum, but apparently I wasn't taken too seriously so, we'll just have to take back some of the leeway given.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:24 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,074,974 times
I'll go with - people who smell a big tax increase that the wealthy alone cannot pay for.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:36 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,472,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
what demographic will obama do worst in come election. I am guessing white males. he reached out to the female vote, he reached out to the black vote, and he reached out to the latino vote. he really didn't seem to care too much about white men, and I am thinking that he feels white men will vote for him out of guilt or something. not sure what his motivation was for ignoring one of the larger demographics. the only people I know who are voting for him, outside this forum, are females, but we know that females usually always vote for the democrat candidate.
Honestly, educated, hard working people who are not counting on living off of government handouts (ie, social security, medicare) are probably the least likely to vote for him. I believe that polls after the elections will show that the majority of his votes will be from people that want the government to "take care of them" and are in need/desire/or receiving assistance of some type.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,203,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Honestly, educated, hard working people who are not counting on living off of government handouts (ie, social security, medicare) are probably the least likely to vote for him. I believe that polls after the elections will show that the majority of his votes will be from people that want the government to "take care of them" and are in need/desire/or receiving assistance of some type.
I dont mean to keep this off topic, but I'd like to point out that millions who are honest, educated and worked hard all their lives are grateful for Social Security and Medicaid.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:12 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,472,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont mean to keep this off topic, but I'd like to point out that millions who are honest, educated and worked hard all their lives are grateful for Social Security and Medicaid.
Being grateful and dependent are two different issues...it will be nice if available when I retire, but I have been preparing for retirement so it is not my sole source of income...and when it fails (and all indications are that will happen) I will still have the ability to shelter and feed myself without blaming the government for not taking care of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections