Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:55 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,596,543 times

Advertisements

Poll: Obama Leads In Alaska; Campaign Red State Efforts Making Gains

Posted August 13, 2008 | 10:32 AM (EST)
"Presidential polls have brought few surprises over the past few weeks, with surveys in most battleground states finding surprisingly steady results"

"Of course, one Alaska poll with Obama ahead does not change the conventional wisdom about the state - especially as the margin of error is rather high. And we will want to see more polls before concluding that Obama’s investment is having an effect. At the very least, however, it is clear that Alaska’s 3 electoral votes have become a prime pick-up opportunity for the Illinois Senator and that John McCain will soon be forced to divert some resources here. After all, it’s not like either candidate can afford to ignore 3 electoral votes: If Obama adds CO and IA to the Kerry states, he will be 2 electoral votes away from 270."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 10:02 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,152 times
Even the Republican mayor of Anchorage endorsed Obama yesterday. Maybe they sense the political winds turning in Obama's favor up there in the Great White North.

Don't forget, Obama is also at a tie with McCain in Montana and is nipping at his heals in North Dakota. Obama does very well in Northern tier states.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:06 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Anchorage is next to Alaska.

And where was this poll conducted? The cities? Wait for the rural and bush votes to go in during the election...

Old 08-13-2008, 10:08 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Even the Republican mayor of Anchorage endorsed Obama yesterday. Maybe they sense the political winds turning in Obama's favor up there in the Great White North.

Don't forget, Obama is also at a tie with McCain in Montana and is nipping at his heals in North Dakota. Obama does very well in Northern tier states.

I think Mccain is picking up a few states like Florida .

I decided to vote for Obama but dont think he is doing as well as some think.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:11 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I think Mccain is picking up a few states like Florida .

I decided to vote for Obama but dont think he is doing as well as some think.

McCain is going to win Florida. But if Obama picks up Colorado (which he will), he won't need Florida, Missouri, or even Ohio to reach 270 electoral votes. Of course, Ohio is still a toss-up.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:18 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,339,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
McCain is going to win Florida. But if Obama picks up Colorado (which he will), he won't need Florida, Missouri, or even Ohio to reach 270 electoral votes. Of course, Ohio is still a toss-up.

Yes I think Mccain will take Florida . The tide here is going for Mccain and seems to be moving fast .
It was close few months ago but you can see the big change.

I hope Obama takes the states you mentioned.

I thought perhaps mid Florida would swing it for Obama but dont see it .

Old 08-13-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Yes I think Mccain will take Florida . The tide here is going for Mccain and seems to be moving fast .
It was close few months ago but you can see the big change.

I hope Obama takes the states you mentioned.

I thought perhaps mid Florida would swing it for Obama but dont see it .
He'll need to Register a ton of voters to do it. The RV counts were 100,000 apart before the Democrat's huge drives.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:30 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,696 times
Hays Research group? Really had to dig to find that one.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Hays Research group? Really had to dig to find that one.
You had to dig or I? Try front page of Google news and set your news to all sources including International. Should open you up to about 4,500 continuously updated news sources.

Last edited by walidm; 08-13-2008 at 10:44 AM..

Old 08-13-2008, 10:45 AM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You had to dig or I? Try front page of Google news and set your news to all sources including International. Should open you up to about 10,000 sources.

Front page? Sorry, they must have downgraded it...........now the Enquirer who seem to bust out politicians and racist extortionist "preachers" seem to have more credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections