Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 07:44 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,551,782 times

Advertisements

A beautiful First Family.

http://www.jackandjillpolitics.com/b...asessence1.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 07:51 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,999,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
A vote for pretty people?

Whats the point of this thread?

Old 08-06-2008, 07:51 AM

31,689 posts, read 41,102,427 times
Great post and picture but you and I both know the haters will be here and try to spin it around and make the Sturgis Buffalo Chip Orgy offer about Michell and Barack.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
A vote for pretty people?

Whats the point of this thread?
I believe the poster is offering a counter balance to the antics of Senator McCain at Sturgis offering his wife up for the Miss Buffalo Chip competition. There are those who need reassurance after the shocking videos making the rounds of the actual competition and the thought of our next first lady participating in the various contests like bikini, wet t shirt and bananna eating etc. If you condone the McCain offering Cindy up to gather votes then that is your choice. However I believe the OP wanted to go down a different path. We all know the twisters will try to spin this some other way with their words and posting of other pictures. However this wholesome picture is there for those who want to see.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:00 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,214,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I believe the poster is offering a counter balance to the antics of Senator McCain at Sturgis offering his wife up for the Miss Buffalo Chip competition. There are those who need reassurance after the shocking videos making the rounds of the actual competition and the thought of our next first lady participating in the various contests like bikini, wet t shirt and bananna eating etc. If you condone the McCain offering Cindy up to gather votes then that is your choice. However I believe the OP wanted to go down a different path. We all know the twisters will try to spin this some other way with their words and posting of other pictures. However this wholesome picture is there for those who want to see.
I agree. I look forward to John and Cindy magazine cover portraits. Im sure there are some around somewhere, all these campaigns over the years.

The Obamas look cute by the way OP!

Old 08-06-2008, 08:06 AM

I dont really like/support McCain, but I think this picture is as good...I dont see any difference. All VERY superficial though.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:11 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,214,209 times
Quote:
I dont really like/support McCain, but I think this picture is as good...I dont see any difference. All VERY superficial though.

Im sorry but I cant help it. - this looks like it was taken at a "Welcome to Virginia" Visitor Center. Love those hard, cold, brick and metal surfaces. And the "road to nowhere" perspective of the trees in the backdrop photo.

Do you have any pictures of him with his earlier wife and children? His First Family if you will.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Im sorry but I cant help it. - this looks like it was taken at a "Welcome to Virginia" Visitor Center. Love those hard, cold, brick and metal surfaces. And the "road to nowhere" perspective of the trees in the backdrop photo.

Do you have any pictures of him with his earlier wife and children?
Again, all very superficial...but if you want to play that game, what about the giant white pillars/columns and big iron security fence behind Obama and family?

I dont have other pictures of McCain because I dont care to bother, I was simply trying to prove that this is all superficial and has nothing to do with who might be a better leader...its pure and simple that people want this to be a popularity contest just like American Idol.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:16 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,885,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
Sorry, but it is simply hard to get past Michelle's fake, forced smile. Obama and his dumbo ears.

The kids are very cute though.
Sad the kids have these two dishonest liars for parents. Wonder what kind of values the kids are being taught (if taught at all)? Wonder if the kids are picking up their values from Ludacris or Snoop Dogg?

Old 08-06-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Again, all very superficial...but if you want to play that game, what about the giant white pillars/columns and big iron security fence behind Obama and family?

I dont have other pictures of McCain because I dont care to bother, I was simply trying to prove that this is all superficial and has nothing to do with who might be a better leader...its pure and simple that people want this to be a popularity contest just like American Idol.
I don't think this thread was about a picture making a better leader. I think it was in response to the McCain Strugis Miss Buffalo Chip videos and how that relates to his views on gender respect etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections