Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Barack Hussein Obama a bad pick for the Dems in 2008??
Yes! What a mistake! The Dems could have won Prez, but will lose because of BHO! Other candidate would have been better. 17 73.91%
No! BHO is the perfect candidate and he will win. 6 26.09%
I do not know / not sure. 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 03:54 PM

881 posts, read 1,588,983 times

Advertisements

This is a real shocker:

The Quinnipiac University polls, conducted from July 23-29, found that Obama’s lead has weakened in Pennsylvania and Ohio, two key swing states in November’s presidential election.

According to the poll, Obama is ahead of McCain by 7 percentage points, 49 to 42 percent, in Pennsylvania — a drop from that same poll last month, which showed Obama leading McCain by 12 percentage points at 52 to 40 percent.

In Ohio, the Illinois senator had a 6-point lead last month. McCain is now just 2 points behind him. The poll shows Obama with 46 percent, McCain at 44 percent. Both men and women in the Buckeye State are closely split in their support of either candidate.

Poll: McCain Shrinks Obama’s Lead in Three Battleground States - America’s Election HQ

Now, take the fact that Obama was 10 points ahead of McCain in Colorado, now Obama trails McCain by 2 in CO and other states like Missouri and even Michigan!! As for Virgina, BHO thinks he will put Tim Kaine on the ticket and will swing the state his way... Hah! That will be like Kerry putting Edwards on the ticket and losing Edwards state of NC to Bush in 2004. If McCain picks a pro-gun, pro-drilling, Conservative on the ticket, the Conservative base will rally and VA will stay GOP.

Was BHO a bad pick for the Dems in 2008?? I keep hearing more and more complaining that Obama is out of touch with regular Americans. The guy is drowining in his own Holiness and is so worried about Africa and Europe that America comes last on his list. It's over, BHO will likely lose in Nov. But anything can happen, so it's gonna be a wild ride!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 03:59 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,101 times
Obama is faltering for sure.

He was the wrong pick for us. I don't doubt he will continue to decline and falter as more people start to see thorugh his facade.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:03 PM

571 posts, read 853,051 times
Pens is not goin to the republicans he is ahead by 7points that more than kerry and Gore ever had in that sate. OH will be the deciding state he is only winning by .05% says the nation average however the key debates have not began and thats wher McCain is weakest at and where Obama is greatest at i want to wait till then to say Obama is loosing those states.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama is faltering for sure.

He was the wrong pick for us. I don't doubt he will continue to decline and falter as more people start to see through his facade.
I am not a Dem (I am an Independent voter, with some GOP leanings on gun rights, judges, gay marriage, and low taxes), but I clearly think BHO was a mistake.

First mistake was to let Obama STEAL the nomination from Hillary. Hillary won the majority of popular votes and neither her nor Obama had enough elected delegates to win.

Obama worked out backroom deals to "get" the nomination. I honestly think Hillary supporters will try and mount a rebellion at the Convention in a few weeks.

http://www.hillarysupporters.com/images/facts.gif (broken link)

Democrats seem to agree that BHO won't win. If they wake up in time and nominate Hillary at the DNC, they will have a chance. Otherwise, Obama will lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
Pens is not goin to the republicans he is ahead by 7points that more than kerry and Gore ever had in that sate. OH will be the deciding state he is only winning by .05% says the nation average however the key debates have not began and thats wher McCain is weakest at and where Obama is greatest at i want to wait till then to say Obama is loosing those states.
If Obama continues to destroy himself (mind you, McCain has been running an awful campaign), Obama will lose Ohio and might even lose PA.

Obama is up by 7 points now, only because McCain has not yet helped remind Pennsylvanians of what Obama really thinks of them - that people in PA are bitter people, who need guns and religion to "vent their frustrations".

This will hurt BHO in PA. You will see.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:22 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,450,912 times
Now that it is a choice between the two, I think the more Obama speaks and people realize how little he has in the way of a PLAN, they are becoming less confident in him.

He has all these great "ideas", but continues to offer up no way to pay/support or implement them...and lets face it, talk is cheap...implementation of a "social society" is not...just ask Mass. who a year after trying to become the "progressive state to first offer free medical care for all residents" what kind of $$$ issues they are suffering 12 months later...or those from Calif. who today found themselves with pink slips or minimum wage IF they were lucky state employees until the budget gets worked out there.

IT COST folks...and everyone SAYS they want it...but once they realize THEY will pay for it, not such a popular plan afterall.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:50 PM

571 posts, read 853,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
I am not a Dem (I am an Independent voter, with some GOP leanings on gun rights, judges, gay marriage, and low taxes), but I clearly think BHO was a mistake.

First mistake was to let Obama STEAL the nomination from Hillary. Hillary won the majority of popular votes and neither her nor Obama had enough elected delegates to win.

Obama worked out backroom deals to "get" the nomination. I honestly think Hillary supporters will try and mount a rebellion at the Convention in a few weeks.

http://www.hillarysupporters.com/images/facts.gif (broken link)

Democrats seem to agree that BHO won't win. If they wake up in time and nominate Hillary at the DNC, they will have a chance. Otherwise, Obama will lose.

If Obama continues to destroy himself (mind you, McCain has been running an awful campaign), Obama will lose Ohio and might even lose PA.

Obama is up by 7 points now, only because McCain has not yet helped remind Pennsylvanians of what Obama really thinks of them - that people in PA are bitter people, who need guns and religion to "vent their frustrations".

This will hurt BHO in PA. You will see.
one MA obama didnt even run in.

2nd Obama hasnt done anything to humilate himself they just take the past and bend it serverly

Old 07-31-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Now that it is a choice between the two, I think the more Obama speaks and people realize how little he has in the way of a PLAN, they are becoming less confident in him.

He has all these great "ideas", but continues to offer up no way to pay/support or implement them...and lets face it, talk is cheap...implementation of a "social society" is not...just ask Mass. who a year after trying to become the "progressive state to first offer free medical care for all residents" what kind of $$$ issues they are suffering 12 months later...or those from Calif. who today found themselves with pink slips or minimum wage IF they were lucky state employees until the budget gets worked out there.

IT COST folks...and everyone SAYS they want it...but once they realize THEY will pay for it, not such a popular plan afterall.
His plans are extremely abstract. He has nothing for sure, specially in the realm of gas prices. We know what Obama does NOT want - see the long list elsewhere, I will put the short list here: drilling, refining, nuclear power, clean coal, lower gas tax, domestic production, etc. But he has no plan other than say "future energy".

Also, how can the US pay for $1 TRILLION Dollars a year in programs that Obama wants?? The Iraq was has cost 700 Million after 5 years and change and the US cannot afford it anymore.

How can we Obama spend 1 and 1/2 Iraq wars in cost per year?!?! Impossible, unless the middle class all moves into homeless shelters after being taxed at 90%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
one MA obama didnt even run in.

2nd Obama hasnt done anything to humilate himself they just take the past and bend it serverly
Humiliate himself? No, Obama has not done that. He is too much of an ego-manica to do that!

What Obama does and has done is to put everyone ahead of America and humiliate America overseas.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:14 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,585,983 times
Nope. Just wait until the debates.

Obama was a fine pick.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:36 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,907 times
The poll showed Obama leading in all 3 states, but some how that makes him a loser to some people?

Old 07-31-2008, 05:42 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,032,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The poll showed Obama leading in all 3 states, but some how that makes him a loser to some people?
Very true, there was a discussion today on the tube about the polls being all over the place and how they were up and down. They asked one participant if they had any value. His response they only have value if the show a trend and that trend was Obama winning them all. I guess thats your point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections