Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was Barack Hussein Obama a bad pick for the Dems in 2008??
Yes! What a mistake! The Dems could have won Prez, but will lose because of BHO! Other candidate would have been better. 17 73.91%
No! BHO is the perfect candidate and he will win. 6 26.09%
I do not know / not sure. 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 05:44 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,002,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Very true, there was a discussion today on the tube about the polls being all over the place and how they were up and down. They asked one participant if they had any value. His response they only have value if the show a trend and that trend was Obama winning them all. I guess thats your point.
Oh but you missed the end of that bit. While they show him winning them his lead is continuing to shrink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 05:48 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Oh but you missed the end of that bit. While they show him winning them his lead is continuing to shrink.
I did miss the end of it as the Manny R trade broke and that is far more important. So I take it that the discussion ended with agreement that the polls were showing;

Obama not as big a winner as last week.
McCain not as big a loser as last week.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:16 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,607 times
McCain will not win Pensylvania, people. Especially in a change election year and especially not after 8 years of Bush.

Like every single presidential election year, Pennsyvania--like New Jersey--are traditionally Democratic states that appear to be competitive, but it always ends up as a false dream for Republicans because at the end, almost all the undecideds break for the Democratic candidate. It happens pretty much every four years, like clockwork.

I think an equally apt title for this thread should read "Obama manages to remain competetive in Ohio and Florida and is in fact leading in 2 states Bush won in 2000 and 2004"

This election year, Obama may not even need to win Ohio, Missouri, or Florida if he wins Colorado, which appears likely since now independents outnumber registered Republicans there. The GOP is collapsing in CO.

Its only August, folks. Relax.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:44 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,393 times
All I have to say is P.U.M.A. McCain does not need to do anything else just let PUMA handle the smear. This is just too good. They have their own Wiki page. I want a Wiki page.

Party Unity, My Ass - Featured on BuzzFeed

YouTube - Political Ticker: Abbi Tanton -- PUMA Party Unity My Ass

Old 08-01-2008, 01:23 AM

881 posts, read 1,589,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
Nope. Just wait until the debates.

Obama was a fine pick.
I cannot wait for the debates!! If Obama does as well on the debates as he did vs Hillary, it will be all over for Obama.

Mind you, the debates do NOT allow teleprompters. Obama will be like deer in headlights. OMG, why can't they debate right now, I would love to see Obama being pimp-slapped around.

Of course, if MSNBC runs any of the debates, Obama will have the questions beforehand so he can memorize some answers or all the questions will be "Obama, you are so awesome, should I bow down and worship you or just get on my knees and hail "HOSANAH"?.

If they pick one news person from each station, Obama is dead meat. The debates will show America Obama is a total idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Very true, there was a discussion today on the tube about the polls being all over the place and how they were up and down. They asked one participant if they had any value. His response they only have value if the show a trend and that trend was Obama winning them all. I guess thats your point.
The polls are constantly showing Obama either going downhill or tieing with McCain. Since his Germany anti-American tour, Obama has lost 9 points in EVERY POLL. That is called a trend. The guy is going down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Exactly. The guy is once again in free-fall. His pal, Ludacris has just made fun of Hillary. The Hillary voters are already upset with Obama, now they are even more pissed.

I am willing to bet McCain will be passing Obama in many key states by the end of August. McCain will debate a corpse by the time the first debate rolls around. Obama is in a downward spiral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
McCain will not win Pensylvania, people. Especially in a change election year and especially not after 8 years of Bush.

Like every single presidential election year, Pennsyvania--like New Jersey--are traditionally Democratic states that appear to be competitive, but it always ends up as a false dream for Republicans because at the end, almost all the undecideds break for the Democratic candidate. It happens pretty much every four years, like clockwork.

I think an equally apt title for this thread should read "Obama manages to remain competetive in Ohio and Florida and is in fact leading in 2 states Bush won in 2000 and 2004"

This election year, Obama may not even need to win Ohio, Missouri, or Florida if he wins Colorado, which appears likely since now independents outnumber registered Republicans there. The GOP is collapsing in CO.

Its only August, folks. Relax.
If you think raising taxes will be popular in FL, you are out of touch with reality. FL is close between McCain and BHO because wants to slam the middle class with high taxes (yes, BHO cannot pay for $1 TRILLION PER YEAR in spending without taxing the middle class, it is mathematically impossible)!

Gallup Daily: Obama 45%, McCain 44%

Gallup Daily: Obama 45%, McCain 44%

CO polls: McCain ahead of Obama by 2 points. McCain was behind Obama by 10 points, but with the drilling issue and Obama's disgusting plataform of elitism and race cards, McCain is now ahead in CO by 2.

CO Poll (McCain now ahead by 2): Presidential Swing States (CO, MI, MN & WI) Poll * July 24, 2008 * McCain Closes In On Obama In F - Quinnipiac University

Let's test your theory that Obama loses FL, OH, and Missouri if Obama wins CO.

Check out the attached map. This should be interesting. McCain would be 1 electoral vote shy of the nomination. If McCain clinches NH, where he is very popular since 2000, McCain wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
All I have to say is P.U.M.A. McCain does not need to do anything else just let PUMA handle the smear. This is just too good. They have their own Wiki page. I want a Wiki page.

Party Unity, My Ass - Featured on BuzzFeed

YouTube - Political Ticker: Abbi Tanton -- PUMA Party Unity My Ass
After Obama's big buddy and fundraiser Ludacris calls Hillary a Bi**h, the Hillary voters will now start donating to McCain.

The lyrics:

"Hillary hated on you, so that bi##ch is irrelevant
...and all you other politicians trying to hate on my man,
you can't stop what's bout to happen, we bout to make history
the first black president is destined and it's meant to be

Paint the White House black and I'm sure that's got 'em terrified [--> whites]
McCain don't belong in ANY chair unless he's paralyzed!"

Full lyrics: WARNING, OFFENSIVE: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=52f_1217434061&p=1

http://socialitelife.celebuzz.com/images/2006/11/ludacris113006_04-thumb.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by Fun2Day; 08-01-2008 at 01:32 AM..

Old 08-01-2008, 01:36 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
I'm not a fan of either candidate, but one of them is going to win, and I say this is great news. Go McCain!

Old 08-01-2008, 06:17 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Well Ohio may not matter at all because today a Quinnipiac University poll now has Obama leading McCain in my home state of Florida! (that's 27 Electoral votes!)

Old 08-01-2008, 06:43 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,046 times
The options you put in your poll make me not take it seriously.

How about: BHO isn't the best candidate but he'll win anyway?

Old 08-01-2008, 09:04 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
This is a real shocker:

The Quinnipiac University polls, conducted from July 23-29, found that Obama’s lead has weakened in Pennsylvania and Ohio, two key swing states in November’s presidential election.

According to the poll, Obama is ahead of McCain by 7 percentage points, 49 to 42 percent, in Pennsylvania — a drop from that same poll last month, which showed Obama leading McCain by 12 percentage points at 52 to 40 percent.

In Ohio, the Illinois senator had a 6-point lead last month. McCain is now just 2 points behind him. The poll shows Obama with 46 percent, McCain at 44 percent. Both men and women in the Buckeye State are closely split in their support of either candidate.

Poll: McCain Shrinks Obama’s Lead in Three Battleground States - America’s Election HQ

Now, take the fact that Obama was 10 points ahead of McCain in Colorado, now Obama trails McCain by 2 in CO and other states like Missouri and even Michigan!! As for Virgina, BHO thinks he will put Tim Kaine on the ticket and will swing the state his way... Hah! That will be like Kerry putting Edwards on the ticket and losing Edwards state of NC to Bush in 2004. If McCain picks a pro-gun, pro-drilling, Conservative on the ticket, the Conservative base will rally and VA will stay GOP.

Was BHO a bad pick for the Dems in 2008?? I keep hearing more and more complaining that Obama is out of touch with regular Americans. The guy is drowining in his own Holiness and is so worried about Africa and Europe that America comes last on his list. It's over, BHO will likely lose in Nov. But anything can happen, so it's gonna be a wild ride!
The Democrats should have nominated Hillary. They would have had a better chance.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:15 AM

38 posts, read 105,919 times

YouTube - Sen. Barack Obama's answer to meeting energy demands=
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections