Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 11:45 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,453,101 times

Advertisements

McCain Surges to 4-Point Lead in USA Today/Gallup Poll

A surprising poll released Monday confirms Sen. Barack Obama's worst nightmare: he actually lost ground to Sen. John McCain after a global trip meant to buck up his sagging credentials in foreign and military policy.

The USA Today/Gallup poll has McCain leading Obama by four points, 49 percent to Obama's 45 percent, among likely voters.

Just last month, the same poll had McCain trailing by six points to the neophyte U.S. senator.

The Democratic candidate used the foreign platform to express the view that he was a "fellow citizen of the world" and apologized for America's imperfections.

Newsmax.com - Obama&#39s Trip Backfires; McCain Surges to 4-Point Lead in USA Today/Gallup Poll (http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/Obama_McCain_gallup_USA/2008/07/28/117094.html?s=al&promo_code=66C3-1 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 11:47 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
The poll is for likely voters, not registered voters. Registered voters has Obama at a three point advantage.

Either way it's irrelevant, especially this early.

Talk to me after the debates.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:47 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,766,491 times
If O-Bomb-Us, or Bombs R' us, or whatever his name is gets into office I'm moving to the Bahamas.

The 2000 and 2004 elections saw 20-point margins in the Democrats favor at this stage of the race. If it's a dead heat right now that can only spell good for McCain.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:48 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,561 times
Polls don't mean nuthin in this one.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:51 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
If O-Bomb-Us, or Bombs R' us, or whatever his name is gets into office I'm moving to the Bahamas.
Any chance you could take Hannity with you?

Old 07-29-2008, 05:43 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Sorry. National polls mean little. I still have it around 305 ELECTORAL VOTES for the Obamination.

And no, that does not make me happy.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:54 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,550,572 times
Default I just don't understand

I just don't understand why half the population wants to continue down the same road we have been bouncing on for the past 4 years. McCain policy would be little different from Bush. Think about it and be very sure that is what you really want.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:07 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,004,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdaawn View Post
I just don't understand why half the population wants to continue down the same road we have been bouncing on for the past 4 years. McCain policy would be little different from Bush. Think about it and be very sure that is what you really want.
Lay off the tube will yea. Post some facts about they are the same.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:03 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Interesting, but unless some other polls show a similar result I would tend to view it as kind of a fluke - rather like Obama's 15 point and 12 point leads back in mid-June.

Certainly provides some cheer for the McCain camp though - after what has been unrelenting string of Obama wins.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 07-29-2008 at 07:33 AM..

Old 07-29-2008, 07:18 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
McCain Surges to 4-Point Lead in USA Today/Gallup Poll

A surprising poll released Monday confirms Sen. Barack Obama's worst nightmare: he actually lost ground to Sen. John McCain after a global trip meant to buck up his sagging credentials in foreign and military policy.

The USA Today/Gallup poll has McCain leading Obama by four points, 49 percent to Obama's 45 percent, among likely voters.

Just last month, the same poll had McCain trailing by six points to the neophyte U.S. senator.

The Democratic candidate used the foreign platform to express the view that he was a "fellow citizen of the world" and apologized for America's imperfections.

Newsmax.com - Obama&#39s Trip Backfires; McCain Surges to 4-Point Lead in USA Today/Gallup Poll (http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/Obama_McCain_gallup_USA/2008/07/28/117094.html?s=al&promo_code=66C3-1 - broken link)
If you got your "news" from an unbiased source, like the poll site itself, you might be able to form opinions of your own. Is that a scary idea?

That poll is the topic of another thread with a different link, which points out that this is the first, uh, surge for McCain since May 1-3, which you'll recall were the good old days of Rev Wright, Muslim Obama, Commie Obama, the Whitey tape, etc. Three glorious days! How we miss them.

Obama's numbers are likely down for this second brief shining moment because of the problem with visiting the troops. On that subject, it's perfectly obvious to me that the Pentagon created as many bullying obstacles as possible and the Obama camp wasn't having any. Why do I think so? Because it doesnt make sense that Obama and his campaign would all agree that it's a better idea to snub the troops and risk this kind of press than to give up 20 minutes of on-camera time. They kind of had plenty of attention, you know. Use your head.

Do remember also that Obama called those troops later, so he did get to visit with them after all, haha.

But no, you people will continue to believe what you're told, right?

So, this "surge" - enjoy it while you've got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections