Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2008, 05:33 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times

Advertisements

This is a duplicate poll post but the title more accurately reflects the summary of the pollsters.

Pennsylvania: Obama widens lead on McCain Obama 46%, McCain 42%
Monday, June 23, 2008
Email a Friend Email to a Friend

Barack Obama has now taken a four-point lead over John McCain in Pennsylvania 46% to 42%, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of state voters.

Five percent of voters favor an unspecified third-party candidate, and 8% remain undecided.

In last month’s survey, Obama had a narrow 45% to 43% lead over his Republican rival, but this was before Hillary Rodham Clinton dropped out of the race for the Democratic presidential nomination. Two months ago, McCain held a statistically insignificant lead.

Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/pennsylvania/election_2008_pennsylvania_presidential_election2 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 05:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
I figured people could click the link themselves and read it.

But thanks. I see Obama had a 2 point lead before Hill dropped out. The lead has "widened" to four. Big bounce. In a blue state.
Yummy!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:36 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times
Thank you for setting the record straight. More good news for Obama Rasmussen (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/new_mexico/election_2008_new_mexico_presidential_election - broken link) shows him with an 8% lead in NM, at 47%-39%.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I figured people could click the link themselves and read it.

But thanks. I see Obama had a 2 point lead before Hill dropped out. The lead has "widened" to four. Big bounce. In a blue state.
Yummy!
Come on how many people read all of the threads. You and I both know folks scan the forum topics and select which ones to read. They can read the thread heading and digest it as being accurate. It is so easy to mislead folks with thread titles and thats why there are so many catchy ones.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:37 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Very Interesting....

"The Democratic candidate has an eleven point edge among unaffiliated voters, little changed over the past month. Party support is firming up for McCain as well, with 77% of Republicans backing him now versus 71% in May.
Obama’s gains have come primarily among men—Obama now leads by eight among males. Last month the candidates were essentially even."

It appears the Republicans are coming on-line; however, Senator McCain continues to struggle with Independents in this State as well. The male voter increase for Senator Obama is an interesting turn of events.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Very Interesting....

"The Democratic candidate has an eleven point edge among unaffiliated voters, little changed over the past month. Party support is firming up for McCain as well, with 77% of Republicans backing him now versus 71% in May.
Obama’s gains have come primarily among men—Obama now leads by eight among males. Last month the candidates were essentially even."

It appears the Republicans are coming on-line; however, Senator McCain continues to struggle with Independents in this State as well. The male voter increase for Senator Obama is an interesting turn of events.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out in Rasmussen between now and the patriotic 4th of July.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
It will be interesting to see how this plays out in Rasmussen between now and the patriotic 4th of July.
Indeed it will. I'd be interested in how Senator McCain counters the thus far rejection, from Independents. His strategy for winning at one time counted heavily upon their support.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:36 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,041 times
Sorry only a few people will know what I am talking about but I have to say this now.

This is for the Polls....

FU FRANK!~!!!!

Old 06-24-2008, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Sorry only a few people will know what I am talking about but I have to say this now.

This is for the Polls....

FU FRANK!~!!!!
lol.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections