Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:47 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I think that's gonna change. It's time to break some of these political "traditions." Just like its time to dump the idea that you have to win West Virginia.
Al Gore ran for president in 1988.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2008, 08:48 AM

863 posts, read 2,785,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Does anyone realize that Nobama wins the states with the most welfare and minorities and loses all the states where hard working people reside?
This is one of the most bigoted comments I have ever read on this forum.

Last edited by skyeINIL; 05-20-2008 at 09:02 AM..

Old 05-20-2008, 08:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skye1974 View Post
This is one of the bigoted comments I have ever read on this forum.
it's only typical...moderate

Old 05-20-2008, 08:55 AM

8,050 posts, read 10,640,313 times
There's a lot of good, hard-working people out here in Montana, and I am one of them. Almost everyone I know is for Obama, he had a HUGE turn-out for his rally when he was here with Hillary last month (they appeared together for a Democratic fundraiser, then had their separate rallies) and she attracted a decent sized crowd also to her rally. We're about 98.9% white out here, and are definitely not a welfare state.

Let's see, I haven't seen a single McCain bumper sticker around yet, and this is cowboy country...

Karl Rove was in town, though. A huge crowd of about 100 showed up to get some of that great Republican inspiration - there were more people than that outside on the sidewalk PROTESTING his visit here. Our local news media was not allowed into his fundraiser - he brought his own crew from FOX news, they were the only ones allowed in - I'm not making this up.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:57 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,578 times
Okay.....this is ridiculous. She won WV by 41 points and Howard Wolfson and Terry McAuliffe (sp) were all over the networks spinning on how that was a great win which would send a strong message to SD's perhaps even freeze them. Results..........Obama picks up over 27 SD's since that loss. What in the world is going on in Hillaryland? What's next here? No presidential candidate has ever won the election w/o winning PR.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:12 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times
Hillary is probably at this moment telling Kentucky that they are the state that will turn the elections. THEY are the pivotal state and how she has always felt that Kentucky was her home. That the people of Kentucky have always voted for the next President and that she once lived there and understands their pain.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Hillary is probably at this moment telling Kentucky that they are the state that will turn the elections. THEY are the pivotal state and how she has always felt that Kentucky was her home. That the people of Kentucky have always voted for the next President and that she once lived there and understands their pain.
And she's doing it all with that southern accent that comes and goes in relation to whatever state she happens to be campaigning in.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:16 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,248,887 times
Quote:
Just getting ready for another Nobama smackdown.

Does anyone realize that Nobama wins the states with the most welfare and minorities and loses all the states where hard working people reside?

Even Kentucky wants to keep their paycheck from the tax man named Nobama.

Clinton by 30%? 40%?
So are you saying minorities aren't hard-working?

Old 05-20-2008, 09:18 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:
Just getting ready for another Nobama smackdown.

Even Kentucky wants to keep their paycheck from the tax man named Nobama.

Clinton by 30%? 40%?
Oregon? U have got to be kidding me is more minority and welfare then kentucky?
Barack Obama's "Appalachian problem" | Salon

Don't blame me for the headline title.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,848,514 times
LOL! Maybe she will wear a stetson to match her Fuscia pants suit and arrive in a Surrey with a fringe on top, as she chews "backy"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections