Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:09 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,735,870 times

Advertisements

A key challenge for John McCain's presidential campaign will be to make sure that voters do not see the Arizona senator's candidacy as a continuation of the Bush presidency, given Mr. Bush's low approval numbers.

McCain must separate himself from Bush, says strategist | csmonitor.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 11:07 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,449,191 times
It will be hard to do since they are joined at the hip. Huge trouble ahead for McSame.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:08 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,019,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
It will be hard to do since they are joined at the hip. Huge trouble ahead for McSame.
Give some evidence please. They have been at odds since 2000.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:22 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,449,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Give some evidence please. They have been at odds since 2000.
What for? You haven't thus far shown the ability or judgment to recognize or acknowledge facts that are counter to your belief system. Such "evidence" will be uncovered during the General campaign to your dismay no doubt.

Stay tuned.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:33 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,019,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
What for? You haven't thus far shown the ability or judgment to recognize or acknowledge facts that are counter to your belief system. Such "evidence" will be uncovered during the General campaign to your dismay no doubt.

Stay tuned.
That is what I thought.

Old 05-05-2008, 12:43 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,421,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
A key challenge for John McCain's presidential campaign will be to make sure that voters do not see the Arizona senator's candidacy as a continuation of the Bush presidency, given Mr. Bush's low approval numbers.

McCain must separate himself from Bush, says strategist | csmonitor.com
I think the effort to link Bush and McCain is going to fizzle out just like claiming McCain "wants 100 yrs war" will... because it's so laughable only the people who are telling the lie are going to be the ones looking like they believe it.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:53 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,466,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
That is what I thought.
Mack has an uphill climb ahead of him to gain some separation from Bush.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:53 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,868,308 times
One thousand wrote;
Quote:
I think the effort to link Bush and McCain is going to fizzle out just like claiming McCain "wants 100 yrs war" will... because it's so laughable only the people who are telling the lie are going to be the ones looking like they believe it

But you've forgotten the key point about "lies" (as stated by Josef Goebbels) and used so well by the likes of Stalin, Kruschev and the US Republican Party and its minions since the '80s. "Repeat is often enough and people will believe it". Some examples from our recent history;

1. Al Gore claimed he invented the internet! No, he never claimed that, just said he did what any good legislator would do, made it easy to develop it.

2. The (gosh forgot his name) Minnesota Senator's funeral was nothing but a big laugh fest and Republican bashing party! No, about 2 minutes our of 90 was, but that's the part that Limbaugh played over and over and the MSM picked up.

3. John Kerry faked his wounds! For no other reason than this anyone who buys a Perry Homes house should have it fall down on their head. This was complete BS, reported by sailors who weren't there.

4. Bush had to got to the USS Lincoln on a fighter, too far out for Marine One to make the flight! 30 miles, really, no more gas than that on those choppers.

5. I never said I KNEW that Saddam had WMDs! Dick Cheney after the fact that no WMDs were there. Despite being on tape stating exactly that.

6. I'll fire anyone in the White House involved in outing Valerie Plame! No firings yet, just a pardon for old Scooter.

7. Bush's tax cuts are a repeat of voodoo economics! Really John.

8. We need to make Bush's tax cuts permnanent! This should be an easy one to hang around his neck.

In short the Dems have learned (finally) to not lay down and take the BS from the Repubs and their (thinly veiled) 527s. I think if the Rs try this stuff this time they'll find out that the Ds have learned a lesson from Sean Connery in "The Untouchables". (Paraphrasing here) I'll tell you how you get McCain, if he comes after you with a knife, you go after him with a gun, if he puts one of yours in the hospital you put one of his in the morgue, that's how you get McCain.

I think this year the Rs will find out that the Ds have grown a "pair".

golfgod

Old 05-05-2008, 09:47 AM

439 posts, read 607,295 times
I really don't see McCain winning in November because he represents the Republicans. I think thing may have been different if he left the GOP and ran as a Independent. His link to the party and the last 8 years is going to be his downfall. It doesn't matter if he agrees or disagrees at this point the only point that matters is he represents the Republican.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:53 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,452,049 times
4 more years, 4 more years...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections