Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 10:37 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,301,102 times

Advertisements

I thnik that the Rev Wright association will keep on dominating the relationship news. I can see the 603 playing more of rev wrihgt's sermon's. Then they can play reruns of etiher hillary or Obama testifying abouyt the other not be presdiental material because of lack of judgemnent and in experince or hillary being the same old politics of washington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 01:49 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,427,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
7. Bush's tax cuts are a repeat of voodoo economics! Really John.

8. We need to make Bush's tax cuts permnanent! This should be an easy one to hang around his neck.
I don't think so. He's just going to go back to what he and Greenspan were saying when it was being discussed: Spending must be cut to support it.

Listen, everything the Dems claim about McCain gets squashed because a ten year old clip surfaces with McCain explaining the apparent contradiction and then everyone starts to get suspicious.

I think a different Republican would be beat this year by any Dem. However, McCain isn't a normal Republican. He's an economic conservative and the thought of fixing the enormous debt while keeping taxes where they're at is going to be impossible to ignore... and the fact that McCain never took pork demonstrates he's part of the solution-- unlike the pork by BO and HC and their desire to skip fixing everything to implement more beauracracy in the form of health care.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:36 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,672,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
I don't think so. He's just going to go back to what he and Greenspan were saying when it was being discussed: Spending must be cut to support it.

Listen, everything the Dems claim about McCain gets squashed because a ten year old clip surfaces with McCain explaining the apparent contradiction and then everyone starts to get suspicious.

I think a different Republican would be beat this year by any Dem. However, McCain isn't a normal Republican. He's an economic conservative and the thought of fixing the enormous debt while keeping taxes where they're at is going to be impossible to ignore... and the fact that McCain never took pork demonstrates he's part of the solution-- unlike the pork by BO and HC and their desire to skip fixing everything to implement more beauracracy in the form of health care.
There's a lot that will be difficult to ignore, some of us are paying attention.

"Perhaps one shouldn't expect candidates' numbers to add up. Tally up Clinton and Obama's expenditures on health care and tax cuts and you will find that they both spend more than they raise. But McCain's numbers are out of whack by orders of magnitude beyond those of either Democratic candidate. Here's the gist of it: Despite his earlier opposition, he now wants to make the Bush tax cuts permanent. Price tag: more than $2 trillion over 10 years. He wants to repeal the alternative minimum tax. Price tag: "up to $2 trillion" according to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP). He wants to keep the war going ad infinitum, at a cost of between $100 billion and $150 billion per year, according to CBO estimates.
Then there is his health-care plan, which ends the employer tax exemption for the cost of covering employees, and uses the proceeds to subsidize the purchase of health coverage in the private market. The costly part has to do with the poor, the old, and the sick. As health economist Jon Gruber noted, "his plan will require huge subsidies he's not talking about."

Jared Bernstein | March 17, 2008 |

Old 05-05-2008, 02:39 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,427,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
There's a lot that will be difficult to ignore, some of us are paying attention.
He's going to stop spending to accomplish it. Power will be given back to the states.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:46 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,672,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
He's going to stop spending to accomplish it. Power will be given back to the states.

Indeed. My question is this - will be brave enough to tell the constituents this is what he intends to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections