Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 02:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times

Advertisements

Why would she when Obama has not won it by now. No candidate would leave when it's this close.It looks to me like the Obama people realise that he can't win the nomination before the convention.He will probably win it there by super deleagtes it seems.Why stop teh process unless one of them wants to pulout and neither does?Obama certainly has not been able to seal the deal since his early lead.The peole of Pennsylvannia and toher staes have a right to have their voices heard for a change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 03:29 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,775,496 times
Well, I'll just say this much:

1. I live in Pennsylvania.

2. I'm voting for Hillary.

Why?

Obama talks much, but says little. I don't care where you're from, I don't care about you're being from a single parent home, I don't care about how tough you had it as a kid, none of that matters, I want to know WHAT you're going to do for the American people. The guy just talks in circles too damned much. Lately, he's doing nothing but copying every political position of Clinton. C'mon, tell us YOUR position, NOT someone else's!

You ask Obama a direct question, you get 20 minute dissertation with no real answer, and by the time he's done talking you forgot what the question was. He wastes too much trying to be an eloquent speaker, the hell with that, just tell us what you are going do to for the American people! We don't want sugar coating, we want real action!

Hillary is smart, strong, and can do the job. I'd bet that most who don't like her, simply don't like the 'her' part....well for me, this time around the best 'man' for the job, really IS the woman. She was First Lady for 8 years. You can't write that off. She DOES have experience. She knows what the job involves, and she's not afraid to step it up and do it.

The Pennsylvania Primary is right around the corner....it will be nothing if not interesting...I think it will be close, but I know one thing: If Obama ends up with the nomination, I won't vote. I can't vote just because 'you're supposed to'...I have to believe in the candidate, and I can't vote for Obama, and I damn sure won't vote for McCain.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:42 PM

374 posts, read 231,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post
Well, I'll just say this much:

1. I live in Pennsylvania.

2. I'm voting for Hillary.

Why?

Obama talks much, but says little. I don't care where you're from, I don't care about you're being from a single parent home, I don't care about how tough you had it as a kid, none of that matters, I want to know WHAT you're going to do for the American people. The guy just talks in circles too damned much. Lately, he's doing nothing but copying every political position of Clinton. C'mon, tell us YOUR position, NOT someone else's!

You ask Obama a direct question, you get 20 minute dissertation with no real answer, and by the time he's done talking you forgot what the question was. He wastes too much trying to be an eloquent speaker, the hell with that, just tell us what you are going do to for the American people! We don't want sugar coating, we want real action!

Hillary is smart, strong, and can do the job. I'd bet that most who don't like her, simply don't like the 'her' part....well for me, this time around the best 'man' for the job, really IS the woman. She was First Lady for 8 years. You can't write that off. She DOES have experience. She knows what the job involves, and she's not afraid to step it up and do it.

The Pennsylvania Primary is right around the corner....it will be nothing if not interesting...I think it will be close, but I know one thing: If Obama ends up with the nomination, I won't vote. I can't vote just because 'you're supposed to'...I have to believe in the candidate, and I can't vote for Obama, and I damn sure won't vote for McCain.
You are confused by Obama's stand on issues. I invite you to read more on the Next President of the United States by visting: Welcome to Obama for America

Old 04-11-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Why would she when Obama has not won it by now. No candidate would leave when it's this close.It looks to me like the Obama people realise that he can't win the nomination before the convention.He will probably win it there by super deleagtes it seems.Why stop teh process unless one of them wants to pulout and neither does?Obama certainly has not been able to seal the deal since his early lead.The peole of Pennsylvannia and toher staes have a right to have their voices heard for a change.
Yea..why stop the process. We need to give Hillary more time to try to hijack the nomination! She's barely going to win PA, lose big time in NC. No reason for her to stop...she needs more time!! Obama is evil and his must be destroyed!! Hillary needs time to go into her bag of tricks and she what she can misspeak about this time. She must lie! Yes Bosnia backfired, yes NAFTA backfired, Yes SCHIPS backfired, Yes Bill made thousands from Colombia and supports free trade...but she still has tricks in her bag. Don't concede Hillary!

Old 04-11-2008, 03:51 PM

473 posts, read 1,246,001 times
You better hope Hillary doesn't concede and gets the nomination. Obama has zero shot at beating McCain. No experience.. his wife and pastor both made anti-US statements, programs will be costly, very little detail on his policies and his foreign policy advisor scares even the Nancy Pelosi.... UN-electable. Hillary is the Dems only shot.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2828 View Post
You better hope Hillary doesn't concede and gets the nomination. Obama has zero shot at beating McCain. No experience.. his wife and pastor both made anti-US statements, programs will be costly, very little detail on his policies and his foreign policy advisor scares even the Nancy Pelosi.... UN-electable. Hillary is the Dems only shot.
Where did you get those stats. Democratics are going to out vote Republicans. That's it a nutshell. No matter who is the nominee. The point is, the Democratics are going to take over the White House.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:22 PM

473 posts, read 1,246,001 times
I believe every major poll shows McCain beating Obama and also beating Clinton but by a smaller margin

Old 04-11-2008, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2828 View Post
I believe every major poll shows McCain beating Obama and also beating Clinton but by a smaller margin
By how much...1, 2%...with a large number undecided. Polls in April?Please. Wait till we get our Nominee and all the heat, and money and power is focused on McCain...That's going to be fun to watch.RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

Old 04-11-2008, 04:30 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,434,338 times
The convention isn't until August. Why should the entertainment stop now? Just because a person stays in the running for being chosen the nominee that doesn't mean the other can't campaign on issues. If one or the other is shooting them self in the foot let it happen and grab some popcorn.

Old 04-11-2008, 04:46 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets agree to disagree View Post
Yea..why stop the process. We need to give Hillary more time to try to hijack the nomination! She's barely going to win PA, lose big time in NC. No reason for her to stop...she needs more time!! Obama is evil and his must be destroyed!! Hillary needs time to go into her bag of tricks and she what she can misspeak about this time. She must lie! Yes Bosnia backfired, yes NAFTA backfired, Yes SCHIPS backfired, Yes Bill made thousands from Colombia and supports free trade...but she still has tricks in her bag. Don't concede Hillary!
Excellent post. The DNC and the uncommitted superdelegates are supporting this whole "continue the process till the end" lunacy. I am disgusted with the Democratic party as a result. The Republicans have their nominee, and he is easily beatable. But he gains more traction as long as the Democratic party continues to flounder by not throwing all of its support for the frontrunner Obama. Quite a shame.

Giving Hillary more time to "hijack" the nomination is spot on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections