Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate
Yes, I believe Obama 100%. He never heard/read about any hate for 23 years and didn't know about Wright and Farrakahan. 11 14.29%
No, The guy is a LIAR. Come on!! 23 years and you are THAT blind to all the hate??!? 59 76.62%
I don't know / not sure. 7 9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 03:43 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,318,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
No, i have never bashed hillary, besides polls on here are worthless. You should have seen the number of polls ron paul won on here during the republican primaries.
I guess you could say that all polls are worthless then.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:29 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,450,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
He is one of two things, a liar ( which we all know he lied ) or he is plan and simple a racist pig like his racist pig pastor and doesn't understand the hate the idiot pastor is teaching and pushing the younger generations to hate like they do.

So, yes he lied to us once and the lord knows how many more times he has and will lie to us.

Again, it comes down to his lack of judgement, he is not qualified to be a President or a Senator for that matter. He accomplished "zero" as a Senator and yet people think he can run a country when he cannot control his own mentors mouth of hate.

Give us all a break, he is a liar racist pig just like his mentor pastor.

Oprah Winfrey went to that same church and left it because of this hate filled trash, but then again she is above and beyond Obama in many ways.

We do not need a liar or a divider like Obama in the White House.
To be quite honest, you don't sound nearly as sunny as your moniker would suggest.

Old 04-03-2008, 04:47 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,782,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
I guess you could say that all polls are worthless then.
Actually....most of them are. I guess you never took a statistics class in college, eh?

Old 04-03-2008, 05:24 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,689,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate from Wright?

It is a simple question: do you believe that Obama attended a church for 23 consecutive years and NOT ONE TIME, did he hear (or read in the church newsletter) Jeremiah Wright spill hateful, anti-American, racists rants???

Do you also believe that Obama NEVER knew that his "church" was involved with the racist, anti-Jew, anti-American hatemonger, Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam??

Simple questions. Please vote. Thank you.
Some people go to church to get their sleep in. One of my girlfriends used to poke at me all the time because I'd constantly fall asleep during the sermons.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:33 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,097,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets agree to disagree View Post
Another aim at Obama supporters. I love how some folks think that we can't think for ourselves? What is your issue? So when you agree with Hillary and go nuts over this woman with her little speeches on solutions, you aren't thinking for yourself. How is Obama making me feel better about myself. He hasn't told me I really handsome (which I am), he hasn't said, wow - you're so smart! He hasn't said, I love your sense of style. Get over it. Obama has a plan. He has good judgement. He is inspirational, and excellent leader. A new face on old politics. If you are mad that your canidate doesn't have those qualities, don't talk down on us. That's not our fault.You're calling Obama supporters weak. Are you nuts or what? So all those college educated, Ivy league graduates, professionals are weak people. Aren't the poorest people of any population usually the first to believe political lies, like the ones Clinton says (Bosnia). Give me a break.
My comment you are so frenzied about was not directed at the Obama camp. Reread.

And I am a woman, and a well educated medical professional. I have seen plenty of educated sheep in my time...go with the crowd...the antibiotic of the week club...book smarts don't mean you have the ability to be an independent thinker. Heck I just dealt with a sheep doctor last Friday, he's now fired from my care for outright lying about current research and treatment options. Whoops! I guess he forgot for a minute I was a nurse!

Old 04-03-2008, 05:49 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,097,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
I think that your post offers a valuable perspective. However, America sure isn't perfect -- far from it in fact. Yes, I agree, the United States is one of the greatest countries on earth in which to live in (I would not say the greatest however...but that is just me). However, we are not a utopia; especially for some of our citizens. The problem with minimializing these problems is that they get swept under the carpet. If you do not acknowledge them...nothing will change. Complacency is one of the biggest stumbling blocks on the road of progression. So in that strain, we need to lay fault where it is due.
It is not about minimalizing and forgetting IMO. It is more about finding reasons to give people faith to move forward rather than stall and fester. Telling them there are people out there who refuse to think less of them based on the color of their skin.

Maybe it will help just 1 person who reads this to know they live in a country where many people have pulled for the civil rights movement and still believe we can live up to our destiny as an equal and free country.

I've seen my area of the country make a ton of improvements in race related issues since I was a child in the 80's. I know there are lots more needed but I know they will come because that is what the overwhelming majority of the people want.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:36 PM

18 posts, read 18,034 times
Obama just like all politicens. They all tell lies just to get elected. You know Obama be sittin there shouting AMEN--- YES JESUS!!! when that preacher be showing how Clinton do the nasty with Monica.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:58 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,318,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
Actually....most of them are. I guess you never took a statistics class in college, eh?
Actually I did and I think I slept through it... yawnnnnnnnnn.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:13 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What some people call "hate' speech could be considered a reasonably correct description of reality to others. This may be a bit to blunt for some.

If I were unfortunate enough to be born to a black and poor family I have no idea (well actually I do and it is frightening) how angry I would be. The deck is stacked against poor people of any ethnicity in this economy and even more against blacks.

Simple and easily observed fact of American life.
Excellent post and entirely correct.

I might also add that as a black man, Obama has NOT been given the consideration that Clinton, McCain, or any white person has in the country as he has sought to discover and determine his destiny. It has been a harder road for him, like it is for any black person in this country. More barriers, more opposition, less consideration, more skepticism, lower raises, fewer opportunities, first to fire, last to hire, prone to being skipped over, prone to be rejected, snubbed, ridiculed, ignored, steered, deceived, discriminated against, and hated. That Obama stands where he is today speaks volumes about where he's been, who he is, what he brings to the table. Obviously, the majority of the country recognizes this.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:15 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,618,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
To be quite honest, you don't sound nearly as sunny as your moniker would suggest.
What does sunshine have to do with it? Sunshine means the sun, the heat, the ocean etc.

And no matter if I am sunny or not, I have an opinion on Obama and I see many more are following in my footsteps as time goes by.

The truth is this man has not one single qualification to become our President, not one.

No accomplishments while being a Senator, lack of judgment of people, poor skills with people who put him on the edge or challenge him, experience is a necessary factor for this job and his resume is very short. His ability to speak does "not" overule his ability to lead our country.

For me, he is not yet ready, able to qualified to become our President.

So, sunny will stay smiles and sunshine for me as long as Mr. Obama doesnt get into the White House and tax me to pieces.

Sunshine will again me shining because my family is best protected by someone with experience in McCain. Although I do not agree with him on many issues, I do on my heart believe he will be a strong protective President who will kick butt if need be or make darn sure we are safe first and foremost.

The Presidents job is to protect us first and foremost, the rest is just part of the job. So with that said Obama nor Hillary qualify for the job.

Would you want me to change my name to Honest Chick? Because I am just being honest with myself and fell for his line of change for a short time, not any longer. I like many got so tired of a Bush White House I was willing to listen, now I listen, think and react and McCain fits me and my families needs better then the other two who have divided destroyed my former party all by themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections