Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate
Yes, I believe Obama 100%. He never heard/read about any hate for 23 years and didn't know about Wright and Farrakahan. 11 14.29%
No, The guy is a LIAR. Come on!! 23 years and you are THAT blind to all the hate??!? 59 76.62%
I don't know / not sure. 7 9.09%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 04:43 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,404,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
It's becoming obvious that some posters on this forum have no deeper fear in their souls than the prospect of Barack Obama winning the presidency.

I say it's way past time that an exceptional individual rises to the top despite his ethnicity. My hope is that Obama does for American politics what Jackie Robinson did for major league baseball.
Excellent post! Great minds prevail here and Obama continues to roll towards his inevitable position as the next President of the United States. Hillary continues to flounder while ignoring her obvious failure. McCain continues to stagger through as merely a formality. Supporters of the latter two continue to chase their tails.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:38 AM

440 posts, read 329,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
I think you could randomly choose someone from a dog catcher's convention who'd be able to outperform Bush. Obama has the makings of a great president, it seems to me. But I also think that it'll be important that the Democrats pick up a handful of seats in both the senate and house in order for him to have as much impact as the country obviously needs right now. And with the economy slipping in to recession, that looks like it may well be possible. The Republicans could be in for a rough ride this fall. They've had everything their way for years, and they've made a mess of things.
Agreed. The election of John McCain would be representative of a Bush Lite, 3rd term. It's refreshing to see the youth of America engaging in the election process. Nothing like the fear of being drafted coupled with fresh blood to rejuvenate the process!

Great posts!

Old 04-03-2008, 06:45 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,753,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
I don't think so. A few weirdos taking a poll on a web site that only has 1 part devoted to the election does not an indication of general public make.

I wouldn't be suprised if many of the negative poll results came from only a few people taking the poll more than once!
The usual Obama bashers voted No in this poll.

bentlebee, camping!, Cookiemeister, Cruikshl, Davart, FireKwame, Fleet, floridasandy, Fun2Day, gsupstate, htmlfamily, Huckleberry3911948, JimMe, JustinFromBoise, kak49, KewlGuy, lilypad, Major Minor, Majordomo, miu, my54ford, Noahma, Pimpy, RAZZEL, Robhu, ryneone, S&AMOM, sanrene, silver-charm, southernbliss, SpencerLV, teatime, texdav, winnie

Old 04-03-2008, 06:52 AM

50,390 posts, read 64,083,206 times
This whole Rev. Wright thing is very troubling to me. It's no wonder that race relations are still bad in this country if people like him have been beating that drum from the pulpit for all these years and the congregation just agrees with it without question. It's like he feeds them poison, and they just drink it.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:04 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,831,688 times
What some people call "hate' speech could be considered a reasonably correct description of reality to others. This may be a bit to blunt for some.

If I were unfortunate enough to be born to a black and poor family I have no idea (well actually I do and it is frightening) how angry I would be. The deck is stacked against poor people of any ethnicity in this economy and even more against blacks.

Simple and easily observed fact of American life.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:12 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,729,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate from Wright?

It is a simple question: do you believe that Obama attended a church for 23 consecutive years and NOT ONE TIME, did he hear (or read in the church newsletter) Jeremiah Wright spill hateful, anti-American, racists rants???

Do you also believe that Obama NEVER knew that his "church" was involved with the racist, anti-Jew, anti-American hatemonger, Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam??

Simple questions. Please vote. Thank you.
That is not what he said.......Get your facts right at least.....Carrie

Old 04-03-2008, 07:34 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,984,873 times
Quote:
Sorry dear acknowledging the REALITY of the negatives that are part of America (past and present) hardly equals hatred. This country was built on the back of my ancestors, I'm not leaving until I get my 40 acres and a mule.
Of course, all countries will have negatives. However, the U.S. is the land of opportunity, for those who desire to make something of themselves. Unfortunately, those stuck in the past, contantly whining and complaining that their plight is the fault of someone else other than their own choices and behaviors will obviously have a hard time, ANYWHERE.

You'll have to get your 40 and a mule from someone other than my family or ancestors, who had nothing to do with your ancestors. I and a lot of other people in this country don't OWE you anything. I guess you are saying no one of color gets a fair shot today in the great U.S. of A?

Quote:
Wanna know what I really hate? Paranoid, ignorant racists who delusionally think that their lack of pigmentation equals racial superiority.
Wanna know what I hate? Paranoid, whining, complainers, who still to this day ride the train of victimization that their ancestors endured. When do you get off and say "I need to make something of myself, for myself". I'm sure you might consider that racist, of course, everyone who disagrees with you MUST be a racist, if one doesn't have "white" guilt, they must be a racist.

Quote:
Oh and btw, the fact that you think everybody not named Tommy and Betsy and doesn't need tanning lotion and sunscreen is a muslim jihadist who hates America pretty much confirms your xenophobia/racial paranoia.
Where did this come from? So you know this for a "fact"?

Old 04-03-2008, 07:38 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,437,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Do you believe Obama when he says he sat in the pew for 23 years and never heard/read about any hate from Wright?

It is a simple question: do you believe that Obama attended a church for 23 consecutive years and NOT ONE TIME, did he hear (or read in the church newsletter) Jeremiah Wright spill hateful, anti-American, racists rants???

Do you also believe that Obama NEVER knew that his "church" was involved with the racist, anti-Jew, anti-American hatemonger, Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam??

Simple questions. Please vote. Thank you.
No. He lied. How could he not know in 23 years? If he acknowledged that he knew about it and did nothing, it would be political suicide.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Of course, all countries will have negatives. However, the U.S. is the land of opportunity, for those who desire to make something of themselves. Unfortunately, those stuck in the past, contantly whining and complaining that their plight is the fault of someone else other than their own choices and behaviors will obviously have a hard time, ANYWHERE.

You'll have to get your 40 and a mule from someone other than my family or ancestors, who had nothing to do with your ancestors. I and a lot of other people in this country don't OWE you anything. I guess you are saying no one of color gets a fair shot today in the great U.S. of A?

Wanna know what I hate? Paranoid, whining, complainers, who still to this day ride the train of victimization that their ancestors endured. When do you get off and say "I need to make something of myself, for myself". I'm sure you might consider that racist, of course, everyone who disagrees with you MUST be a racist, if one doesn't have "white" guilt, they must be a racist.

Where did this come from? So you know this for a "fact"?
Your entire statement based solely upon your assumptions is quite the stretch don' cha think?

Yours are the only statements filled with xenophia and hatred. You are the one with the issues surrounding the truth about America atrocities against people of color globally being spoken aloud. Rev. Wright is merely the scape goat for delusional racists in denial who simply wish to fast forward and omit reality.

Gee Alice, by the time you find the strength to climb out of your rabbit hole and face the realities that exist outside of Wonderland, you along with Dracula just may finally have a reflection when you look in the mirror.

Last edited by Preaching2thechoir; 04-03-2008 at 08:55 AM..

Old 04-03-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
What some people call "hate' speech could be considered a reasonably correct description of reality to others. This may be a bit to blunt for some.

If I were unfortunate enough to be born to a black and poor family I have no idea (well actually I do and it is frightening) how angry I would be. The deck is stacked against poor people of any ethnicity in this economy and even more against blacks.

Simple and easily observed fact of American life.
ITA. Unfortunately, those in denial of the atrocities of America perpetrated throughout it's history are the very ones who will never get it. Those of us who get it will have plenty to celebrate after the election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections