Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:24 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,586,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrat Barack Obama's big national lead over Hillary Clinton has all but evaporated in the U.S. presidential race, and both Democrats trail Republican John McCain, according a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Wednesday.
Obama's lead over Clinton narrows: Reuters poll - Yahoo! News (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2008, 09:54 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,977 times
I knew this was coming and I see it getting much worse for Obama. People will not tolerate his lying. His heart is been filled with racism from this bogot pastor of his and I believe deep down he hates all whites, including dragging his own white grandmother into the mud which we all witnessed.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:59 AM

375 posts, read 781,992 times
If Hillary gets the crown, I'll definately be voting for McCain.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:03 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,085,088 times
The public is a fickle beast, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a bump in the polls, but who knows. I, for one, refuse to make predictions on what the public will do (remember when Guiliani was the front-runner in the GOP).

However, I really do feel that this whole affair ought to be a tempest in a teapot, and if it is not, we are a poorer nation for it.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
If Hillary gets the crown, I'll definately be voting for McCain.
At the present time, it looks shaky for Obama. My fear is the potential for violence in the Black community should Clinton get the nomination. African-Americans have a history of burning down their own cribs and communities.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:16 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
No doubt, we will get the President we deserve (as always).

Ken

Old 03-19-2008, 10:22 AM

375 posts, read 781,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
At the present time, it looks shaky for Obama. My fear is the potential for violence in the Black community should Clinton get the nomination. African-Americans have a history of burning down their own cribs and communities.
BBC NEWS | Europe | Moscow braced for football riots
Columbine High School massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Why Most Serial Killers Are White Men
BBC NEWS | UK | Scotland | Youths guilty of tomb violation

...Keeping with the theme.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:24 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,808,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
There is absolutely no need for you to openly share thoughts of this nature. Ignorant

Old 03-19-2008, 10:33 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
There is absolutely no need for you to openly share thoughts of this nature. Ignorant
While I hope that this is not the case (burning down of communities, raping, and pillaging), it has happened before with the "Can't we all get along" Rodney King riots. Hurricane Katrina didn't show a pretty side either at the Superdome or whatever that was called down in New Orleans, where there were incidents of rapes, possibly murder. I didn't see the same thing happening in San Diego during the fires of 2007. I don't mean to be policitically incorrect, but sometimes one has to be in order to speak the truth. While I do NOT think that something horrible like this will happen if Obama does NOT win the Democratic nomination, I have heard other people speak of this too. I don't know if everyone's "ignorant" or whether or not we've seen horrible acts of violence and destruction and none of us want to see it again. We all hope that we've moved farther as a society. Sometimes, I'm not so sure, based on even what Michelle Obama has said, what Queen Oprah says sometimes on her show (frankly, I'm appalled at some of the racist things she says continuously and seems to never be called on it because she's Queen Oprah).

Old 03-19-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
So tell me, what part of Nirvana do you reside in? I'm a Viet-Nam vet and I spent 6 days in Washington DC with the 6th Cavalry in 1969 with live ammunition when 55 people were killed in the worse rioting to that date in the US. I was all of 22 years old and I spent 18 months in Viet-Nam where half my squad was killed. My sympathies to your sorry ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections