Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 05:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,338,258 times

Advertisements

We took a little day trip yesterday, spur of the moment, just for fun. We went up to Chautauqua, NY, a place where my parents once had a house, and where we kept our sailboat and used to vacation. I also worked at the big hotel, the Athenaeum, for four consecutive summers.

We started from Kinsman, Ohio and drove north to I-90. We took I-90 through Erie, PA to Rt 430, through the towns of Findley Lake, NY and Sherman, NY, to Chautauqua, NY.

It's roughly 50 miles from Kinsman to I-90, passing through many towns and villages. We saw lots of Trump signs, but not one Hillary sign (but we did see one "Hillary for Prison" sign). After we got off I-90 in Pa, just outside of Erie, driving inland, again, lots of Trump signs, but no Hillary signs. Not one! All the way to Chautauqua, we saw not one Hillary sign. Zip, zero, nada! I think she's in trouble.

This was especially interesting because Ohio is a "swing state" and most people think it leans Democrat. Just my opinion, but I think it's looking pretty red this election season. (Used to be that in the Reagan years, the colors were reversed. Red was Dem and Blue, Republican. Rumor has it that the Dem's didn't like being associated with "red.")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 05:17 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,784,399 times
I live in liberal NJ and I can't say I have ever seen a Hillary lawn sign. I have seen a few Trump signs (like 3 or 4) and quite a few Trump bumper stickers. I have seen 3 Hillary bumper stickers since she got the nomination:

1. White male in his 70's driving a small red Prius C (along with many many other stickers about equality, greenpeace, etc)
2. White male in his 70's driving a red Subaru Imprezza
3. White female in her mid to late 60's driving a first generation Prius

I guess Hillary supporters like economy cars?

Now compare to all the Bernie Sanders stickers I saw before Hillary got the nomination, I mean everywhere in Northern NJ. Mostly young people.

I am pretty liberal myself, I liked Bernie. I would never put a lawn sign of any political candidate or any bumper sticker on my car because people out there (especially on the left) have no tolerance for opposing views. That is the plain truth...coming from a liberal myself.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:28 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,970,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
I live in liberal NJ and I can't say I have ever seen a Hillary lawn sign. I have seen a few Trump signs (like 3 or 4) and quite a few Trump bumper stickers. I have seen 3 Hillary bumper stickers since she got the nomination:

1. White male in his 70's driving a small red Prius C (along with many many other stickers about equality, greenpeace, etc)

Now compare to all the Bernie Sanders stickers I saw before Hillary got the nomination, I mean everywhere in Northern NJ. Mostly young people.

I am pretty liberal myself, I liked Bernie. I would never put a lawn sign of any political candidate or any bumper sticker on my car because people out there (especially on the left) have no tolerance for opposing views. That is the plain truth...coming from a liberal myself.
I have seen exactly ONE Hillary bumper sticker in Maryland. I live in Baltimore City. I've seen lots of Bernie stickers, no Trump stuff.

When Obama was running, I saw his bumper stickers constantly.

She is not going to match his turnout, not even close.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:42 AM

2,348 posts, read 1,906,906 times
I think there are definitely more "diehard" Trump supporters than Hillary supporters. I'm not sure there are more moderate voters who support him though, including those who don't follow politics closely.

Old 09-03-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post

Well, you certainly seem to know your cars!

Someone on here did complain about Trump signs being vandalized several times.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynkenny View Post
I think there are definitely more "diehard" Trump supporters than Hillary supporters. I'm not sure there are more moderate voters who support him though, including those who don't follow politics closely.
"Diehard" seems to be the correct term. I've never seen anything like it. I was not a Trump supporter, but I plan to vote for him. What choice do I have? No way I would vote for "crooked Hillary." She's just out of the question.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:06 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,611,801 times
When i watch TV and the news reports all the poll numbers and Hillary seeming to win the polls, it disheartens me that this criminal seem to be so popular. However, when i read stuff like this, and its like real things are being reported on, that to me is evidence of how the country really feels. Therefore, i dont trust the polls. but if i chose to believe the polls, i would think Trump is the loser, but i think those polls might have been skewed in favor of that criminal Hillary. This is refreshing to hear.

Old 09-03-2016, 06:09 AM

11,867 posts, read 5,839,497 times
There have been no Hillary signs or bumper stickers here in Western New York - lots of Trump signs and there were Bernie signs but nary a one for Hillary. She spent a million on India trolls for the internet but has forgotten that the people she needs are living in the real world - not the internet.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:00 AM

13,697 posts, read 9,029,615 times
I have seen but one Trump sign in my area here in Texas. Obviously, this means that Donald John Trump will lose Texas.

It is simple, but compelling, reasoning.

Old 09-03-2016, 07:43 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,096,910 times
You probably would have seen even more Trump signs, but for the LWNJs tearing them down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections