Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 11:55 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,735,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Wow. Where do yall live?
someplace HOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2016, 11:55 AM

11,982 posts, read 5,915,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Here is my take on election signs. I think they are stupid and ineffective. Just because I see a particular candidate for any office on a cardboard sign, how is that supposed to influence me in one way or another ? Same with bumper stickers ( I still have seen some Ross Perot bumper stickers as recently as a year ago ! )

The other day, as I left work and was walking across the parking lot, I saw a pickup with lots of debris and a 2 dogs in the bed sitting there. It had a Trump, Make America Great Again sticker in the back window. All I could think was " UH-HUH !" That sticker didn't change my mind one bit.

Hillary knows she has this thing wrapped up and doesn't need to put her resources where they won't do any good. She is limiting her rallies and is concentrating on what will mean the most to thinking Americans, the debates. That is where we will be able to see a candidate's vision and plans for America (or a lack thereof) . Cardboard with her name on it would be meaningless at this point in the election process.

Don
Don - you're fooling yourself - Hillary is not concentrating on the debates. She can't hold her own in a big rally and choked in the debates with both Obama and Bernie - I doubt she thinks she has it all tied up. She needs as many signs as possible so people can see someone does support her as it sure doesn't look like anyone does - except those few on the boards.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:59 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,904,346 times
Default Craxy Libs and Progressives!

I have only seen few Clinton stickers in AZ. Far more Trump Logos than ever before.
Most Arizonians look at Clinton with hostility!

In reality with the climate of politics many people are cautious about such messages. There has been post where people steal Trumps signs!
It getting bad and Liberals just do like hearing the other side.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:59 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,573,259 times
This the first I've read that Clinton choked. That wasn't a consensus.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:00 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,237,623 times
I saw a bumper sticker that said Delete Hillary lol

Old 09-03-2016, 12:20 PM

16,375 posts, read 22,564,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
I think most Hilary supporters are afraid of Trump supporters. Who wants to invite them to do something silly.

Although it could be quite interesting to place a hidden camera near a Hillary sign. Take bets on how many hours it would last before an angry Trump supporter trashes it. Surprised there isn't a web site dedicated to this. It would be entertaining, especially if there was audio and video available.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:24 PM

1,202 posts, read 644,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Although it could be quite interesting to place a hidden camera near a Hillary sign. Take bets on how many hours it would last before an angry Trump supporter trashes it. Surprised there isn't a web site dedicated to this. It would be entertaining, especially if there was audio and video available.
The embarrassment of having a HiLIARy sign up is more than enough punishment. I wouldn't risk my freedom tearing down someone's yard sign no matter who it was for. Now people with HiLIARy bumper stickers I flip them off....

Old 09-03-2016, 12:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWCNyBKW2p0

This clown was dumb enough to film himself doing the crime....he was arrested

Old 09-03-2016, 12:28 PM

24,723 posts, read 17,462,249 times
Now that you mention it... Today I did a big loop around of almost 30 miles going to yard sales and I saw 1 Hillary sign and 1 Trump sign and that was it.
The Trump sign was homemade and it had red paint dripping down it. I don't know if that was supposed to be blood or what or if it was put on by the maker of the sign or some vandal?

Perhaps the lack of Hillary signs is because they have all been torn up by Trump supporters? OH no wait it is the Dems that act out and vadalise what they don't like and perceive as Hate speech namely a Trump sign.

Old 09-03-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Now that you mention it... Today I did a big loop around of almost 30 miles going to yard sales and I saw 1 Hillary sign and 1 Trump sign and that was it.
The Trump sign was homemade and it had red paint dripping down it. I don't know if that was supposed to be blood or what or if it was put on by the maker of the sign or some vandal?

Perhaps the lack of Hillary signs is because they have all been torn up by Trump supporters? OH no wait it is the Dems that act out and vadalise what they don't like and perceive as Hate speech namely a Trump sign.
You saw a Trump sign in Mass? Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections