Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 06:17 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,731,603 times

Advertisements

How can someone who spent his whole life in politics do something that stupid? And, he isn't even a candidate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 06:17 PM

988 posts, read 689,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Ditto to those who claim to be Bernie supporters. You have only served to push people away.
The only people we've pushed away are people who think that Hillary was entitled to the nomination because she's a woman and DWS anointed her.

As a Hillary supporter, do you have to defend Bill Clinton scrounging for votes illegally at the polls in Massachusetts?

Just say, "I don't like it, looks fishy, but it wasn't Hillary, and I still like her because A, B, and C."

Instead, it's "Lie, deny, obfuscate, spin, lie some more."

For crying out loud, Bill Clinton was elected after a famous sit down mea culpa with Hillary Clinton on national TV. People love to forgive. We've all made mistake. But people absolutely detest liars and double talk, especially of the unrepentant arrogant sort. For God's sake, just admit that what happened happened, that it wasn't a big deal, and move on. At some point I start to wonder where the culture of corruption around Hillary's campaign originates. I mean, I'm basically left with two broad options. She's a decent person for whom a dishonest campaign has been created by unscrupulous political operatives, or it starts with her and Bill. I'm not sure I like either option.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:15 PM

7,747 posts, read 8,855,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Remember, MA was VERY close.

Look at this County

Earlier I was going to say Bill was stupid to risk being arrested only to add a handful of voters for wife, but looking at the chart you posted, 3409 vs. 3408, wow! He could have made a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwillingphoenician View Post
Do you ever stop and ask yourself why people detest Hillary and her supporters so much? Do words like honest and trust mean anything to you at all? Just own up to what you do, especially when people are willing to say they think it's no big deal, and move on. Don't lie, obfuscate, spin, etc.
^^^^^ This is exactly what I had wanted to say, but you said it better. I was going to say, if I were a voter at the poll and Bill Clinton approached me, I would tell him that I was not voting for Hillary; I hope he would ask me why...

Quote:
A word of advice to you and your Hillary cohorts: You are absolutely the most disagreeable prejudiced group of people I have run into in my life supporting a political candidate. You leave no room, zero, for anybody to get past Hillary's myriad problems, because you deny them all, lie, and try to spin everything. I know that you think you're playing some important role in her candidacy, but all I can say is, "Wow." You need to add a little humility and honesty to your bag of tricks. It goes a long way with people.
Again, thanks for saying that. Exactly my thought, except my words would not have been so "controlled".

Old 03-05-2016, 08:20 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,691,253 times
Quote:
The only people we've pushed away are people who think that Hillary was entitled to the nomination because she's a woman and DWS anointed her.

As a Hillary supporter, do you have to defend Bill Clinton scrounging for votes illegally at the polls in Massachusetts?

Just say, "I don't like it, looks fishy, but it wasn't Hillary, and I still like her because A, B, and C."

Instead, it's "Lie, deny, obfuscate, spin, lie some more."

For crying out loud, Bill Clinton was elected after a famous sit down mea culpa with Hillary Clinton on national TV. People love to forgive. We've all made mistake. But people absolutely detest liars and double talk, especially of the unrepentant arrogant sort. For God's sake, just admit that what happened happened, that it wasn't a big deal, and move on. At some point I start to wonder where the culture of corruption around Hillary's campaign originates. I mean, I'm basically left with two broad options. She's a decent person for whom a dishonest campaign has been created by unscrupulous political operatives, or it starts with her and Bill. I'm not sure I like either option.
That is absolutely not true and I am tired of hearing it from Bernie supporters. I expect to hear that kind of tripe from the far right but NOT from someone who calls themselves a progressive.

Bernie Bros online have done more to turn people off than anything I have ever seen. I constantly have to keep reminding myself that I actually LIKE Bernie but cannot stand his holier-than-thou-vote-with-your-vagina voters.

I have my own concerns about Bernie's platforms. Let's remember - he will need Hillary voters if he wins the nomination and he absolutely cannot win a general without that crossover.

I would like Bernie so much more had I never come into contact with his rabid fan base.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:26 PM

2,537 posts, read 3,895,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That is absolutely not true and I am tired of hearing it from Bernie supporters. I expect to hear that kind of tripe from the far right but NOT from someone who calls themselves a progressive.

Bernie Bros online have done more to turn people off than anything I have ever seen. I constantly have to keep reminding myself that I actually LIKE Bernie but cannot stand his holier-than-thou-vote-with-your-vagina voters.

I have my own concerns about Bernie's platforms. Let's remember - he will need Hillary voters if he wins the nomination and he absolutely cannot win a general without that crossover.

I would like Bernie so much more had I never come into contact with his rabid fan base.
I'm pretty sure I could swap out Hillary for Bernie and we would be in agreement. Except that I DON'T like her.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:28 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,691,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I'm pretty sure I could swap out Hillary for Bernie and we would be in agreement. Except that I DON'T like her.
Starting to feel that way about Bernie with the crowd he attracts.

Just like I dislike the Trump crowds and think they are every bit as dangerous as he is.

Old 03-10-2016, 01:24 AM

7,747 posts, read 8,855,377 times
Holy cow. Bill Clinton looks and sounds as if his days are numbered (sorry to say that). He almost seems like a stranger to me--but behind the frail look, we know the slicky nature remains and could only be worse. Conparing to 74 year old Bernie, Bill looks like a centenarian.

(does anyone know what's wrong with him? I hope he has Obamacare )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT0tryLSrU0

Old 03-10-2016, 01:29 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,873,089 times
Good Lord.

Is this what people are worried about? If Bill Clinton was haunting my voting precinct, I'd pull out my phone and take a selfie with him.

Then I'd go into the voting booth and vote for Trump. +

Old 03-10-2016, 06:40 AM

1,050 posts, read 703,266 times
He had no business being that close. It doesn't compare to regular folks wearing campaign paraphernalia.

Mr Bill is about as close as you can get to actually having the candidate there.

Somehow it seems Clinton supporters like the dirty tricks those two play and get away with.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:02 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,498,629 times
Dems love illegal actions. The ends justify the means people. They will walk over your suffering body in order to achieve their goals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections