Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:20 PM

14 posts, read 26,850 times

Advertisements

The guy in between Hillary Clinton and Bill Clinton is apparently the "slum lord" Hillary Clinton accused Obama of being associated with during one of the debates a few days ago.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...rez_012508.jpg
[url=http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/01/hillary-clinton-tony-rezko-dnc-contribution.php]Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online : Clinton-Rezko DNC Connection?[/url]

Isn't it ironic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 02:23 PM

403 posts, read 748,779 times
The fault, dear Hillary, is not in the slums but in YOUR pictures!!

Having the support of the Ark and NY mafia not enough, she had to meet the Chicago Slumlords too?

"let's put a smile on that face"

Old 02-08-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica1000 View Post
The fault, dear Hillary, is not in the slums but in YOUR pictures!!
Researchers are discovering that Rezko may have contributed to Bill Clinton's re-election campaign, too.

Clinton's remark about Rezko is just one more piece of evidence that she is willing to do and say anything to get re-elected. Just think of the racial issues the Clintons brought up against Obama after black voters had been Clinton supporters for so long!!

I think Rezko himself might have released this photo to the press just to get Clinton back after she called him a slum lord during the national debates, especially if he had contributed thousands of dollars to Bill Clinton's campaign just ten years earlier.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:53 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB4 View Post
Researchers are discovering that Rezko may have contributed to Bill Clinton's re-election campaign, too.

Clinton's remark about Rezko is just one more piece of evidence that she is willing to do and say anything to get re-elected. Just think of the racial issues the Clintons brought up against Obama after black voters had been Clinton supporters for so long!!

I think Rezko himself might have released this photo to the press just to get Clinton back after she called him a slum lord during the national debates, especially if he had contributed thousands of dollars to Bill Clinton's campaign just ten years earlier.
Would you care to provide some proof?

Old 02-08-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
Would you care to provide some proof?
Here is what one of the blogs says. It is never good to rely solely on a blog for information, but a photograph of Rezko sandwiched in between the Clintons raises an eyebrow.

"According to records, Rezko donated $15,000 to the Democratic National Committee in March 2000. At the time, the committee was helmed by longtime Clinton ally Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, who endorsed Hillary Clinton on Wednesday. While it's possible that Rendell and the Clintons discussed neither the donation nor the donor, it's not likely."
[url=http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/01/hillary-clinton-tony-rezko-dnc-contribution.php]Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online : Clinton-Rezko DNC Connection?[/url]

How could Hillary Clinton have not known Rezko is she appeared in a photograph with him? The Clintons are well known for controlling information just like the Bushes do.

I think it is unlikely that the Clintons would have appeared with Rezko in this photograph if there hadn't been some money involved. The Clintons haven't been the types to stand with people in photographs without getting something in return for it.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:28 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Hasn't this been "discussed" already???

Old 02-08-2008, 03:28 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 605,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB4 View Post
Here is what one of the blogs says. It is never good to rely solely on a blog for information, but a photograph of Rezko sandwiched in between the Clintons raises an eyebrow.

"According to records, Rezko donated $15,000 to the Democratic National Committee in March 2000. At the time, the committee was helmed by longtime Clinton ally Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, who endorsed Hillary Clinton on Wednesday. While it's possible that Rendell and the Clintons discussed neither the donation nor the donor, it's not likely."
Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online : Clinton-Rezko DNC Connection?

How could Hillary Clinton have not known Rezko is she appeared in a photograph with him? The Clintons are well known for controlling information just like the Bushes do.

I think it is unlikely that the Clintons would have appeared with Rezko in this photograph if there hadn't been some money involved. The Clintons haven't been the types to stand with people in photographs without getting something in return for it.
You are aware that Presidents and first ladies take hundreds of thousands (literally) of publicity photos, right? This one, apparently, was at a fund raiser for Carole Mosely Braun
A Rezko-Clinton Connection? - The Caucus - Politics - New York Times Blog

Old 02-08-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Hasn't this been "discussed" already???
Where? I did a search and didn't see it.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
You are aware that Presidents and first ladies take hundreds of thousands (literally) of publicity photos, right? This one, apparently, was at a fund raiser for Carole Mosely Braun
[URL="http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/25/the-rezko-clinton-connection/"]A Rezko-Clinton Connection? - The Caucus - Politics - New York Times Blog[/URL]
I can't find the article right now, but somewhere I read that Rezko contributed around $16,000 to the DNC during Bill Clinton's re-election campaign in 1996. If it is true, than Rezko was pretty much a donor to the Clinton campaign.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Yep, it's been discussed before. So, I'll say it again. I have a pic of me and Bill Clinton from his first presidential campaign but I highly doubt he'd remember. I've never been invited for dinner or received any perks.

And you do know that the DNC funds all sorts of election bids, right? That's a pretty low sum and loose connection to the Clintons, particularly since he donated a LOT of money directly to Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections